SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 09, 2009 11:36PM
I was thinking about who are some of the best drivers in the sport.

Part 1; Who are the top five drivers that are active in the sport today.

Part 2; Who are the top five drivers of all-time?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 11:37PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 10, 2009 12:51AM
Active Drivers:
Bill Voreis
Mark Peissig
Jesse Petro
Brian Shramek
Don Deane

Non Active
Wayne Rausch
Brabec Bros
Rich Miller
Ernie Conner
Warren Ropp

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 10, 2009 12:52AM
now
Bill Voreis
Esdon
Larry Koester
Jeff Hirt
Will Teasly
Bill Leischner

then
Dave Banter
Rodlyn Knox
Andy Main
Danny Dean
Tim Engler

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 10, 2009 11:11AM
Now
Bill Voreis
Joe Eder
Bill Leischner
Terry Blackbourn
Darrick Barga

Past
Tim Engler
Rodlyn Knox
Dave Banter
Dave Walsh
Ernie Conner

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 10, 2009 02:40PM
Non active- Norm Smith....He got er' done!!

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 10, 2009 02:48PM
Present
Bill Voreis
Bill Leischner
Jessie Petro
Jordan Lustik
Tim Howell

Past
Dave Stangle
Dave Banter
Don Harness
Lloyd McVey
Danny Dean

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 10, 2009 05:46PM
Attactive: Larry Shope hands down! his record speaks for itself.

DPS

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 11, 2009 01:08AM
Active;

Adam Koester; The kids a natural athlete. Great reflexes and seems to anticipate just what the mini is going to do.

Mark Peissig; One of the harder classes to drive in, smooth behind the wheel. More likely it's really the chassis and not the driver!

Joe Eder; I think Joe is the most versatile driver today. Put Joe on any vehicle and he always seems to find the winners circle.

Jordon Lustik; Makes it’s look like a Sunday drive. That’s to me is the sign of a good driver, relaxed, the way Jordon drives we all think we could do it!

Jesse Petro; Like the Koester's where both the father and son are great drivers, the Petro's fall in the same category. Jesse makes it look easy, straight down the middle and never gets in trouble.

All Time;
Danny Dean
Dave Banter
Ernie Conner
Carl Smith
Terry Blackbourn [makes both lists]

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 01:15AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 11, 2009 02:02AM
here are my 5 current drivers my names arent as much of a house hold name but they can handle driving very well.
1. ESDEN LEHN- u dont win titles unless u know how to get it down the track
2. GARY WIPF- u never see a super stock go down the track day in and day out like gary always straight and smooth
3. BRUCE BARFNECK- he has had a ton of wild rides but manages to keep it from whipping out un like his partner roger ha ha
4. BIG JACK KILMEYER- he always wins what ever he drives pick ups TWD MODS SEMIS HE HAS A VARAIETY of experiance
5. TERRY BLACKBURN- he is still driving all be it not the slow ride but he is dangerous on armed and dangerous.

PAST DRIVERS
1. BANTER BROTHERS- they are what tractor pulling is all about
2. MAX SIMPSON-another guy that breaths tractor pulling
3. RICHARD LUTSIG- where do u think jordan gets his talent from
4.DOC CHRISTANSON-he still drives but he is been pulling longer than i have been breathing so i consider him part of the icons of the past.
5.DANNY DEAN-he always handled his machines very well

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 11, 2009 10:12AM
When talking of minis, I don't think you can count out Lee Swift. Granted, he had top notch equipment, but he knew when to call for the power and when to just ride it out, not to mention two of the "best" crashes a mini has ever taken. JW

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 11, 2009 02:12PM
Present
Bill Voreis
Bob Jostock
Jesse Petro
Randy Petro
Edson Lehn

Past
Tim Engler
Dave Banter
Rodlyn Knox
Chris Holdorf
Eddie Sullivan

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 11, 2009 02:35PM
i think Art arfons should be in the all-time list as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 02:36PM by IH 1456.

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 25, 2009 12:06PM
Tim Howell is very impressive in whatever class.

Re: SmilingThumbs UpMy Question--Who are the top five drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 26, 2009 11:00AM
Talking about father/sons pulling, don't forget about the Nation family, they never cease to amaze me, they have lots of championship between LD, Brent and Craig, Great family always enjoy watching them!

Father and son June 26, 2009 11:20AM
Don't forget Randy and Jesse Petro

Re:My Question--Who are the top five or so drivers in the sport?Thumbs UpSmiling June 27, 2009 06:22PM
Active Drivers:

Bill Voreis......Not much i can say that anyone who has heard of Bill Vories doesn't know.From his many Championships in the UNL to his Championships with a Super and Pro Stock tractor.He is # 1 for a reason.

Randy & Jesse Petro...... Randy has pulled in many divisions, 4wd trucks, 2wd trucks, Mod and UNL tractor and now a Mini.Jesse is just cool,calm and cool no matter what and a perfect gentleman.His parents raised a fine young man.

Brian Shramek.... What can you say,he has turned a Allis 426 into a winning tractor when most had given up on the 426.Plus his other tractors.

Don Deane......Almost always flawless, even on tracks where most turbines fail on. Don is one very knowledgable man in motorsports,be drag racing or pulling,turboed or turbines,he knows it all.

Mark Peissig....Handles a "Bomb" with grace most the time and it shows at the end of the season.

Hard to just pick 5, but i have to add the Bollinger Bros,they sure can make a Allison run and are determined to keep them going strong and stronger.

Non Active

Tim Engler, one smart cookie,great driver,builder and inovator.Loved his driving style.

Ernie and Bryan Conner,These guys set the bar and raised it with their perfection of the Alky tractors.

Banter Bros, There record says it all,even new spectators know of the famous brothers.Even today Ralph is still the man to ask anything.

John Shaul.... He was always a threat to be reckoned with on the track back in the old days,knew his tracks well.

Wheeler Rittenger....Ran a single Donovan Hemi in all 4 Mod classes and would always place well.That man knew how to set a tractor balance up plus reading the track.Also can't forget his radical twin Donovan that each engine powered a rear wheel with a joy-stick throttle.

Can't forget Danny Dean,known world wide for his many Super Stock Titles.

**Edit 6-28-09** .... Got to thinking about my post and forgeting something,well i did forget someone........Art Arfons was another no brainer pick for this list.He sure was the main Turbine engine guru of the begining of different power plants and his other endeavors in racing and speed records.As his old tractor is now called,Art was a true "Legend".

I am 100% sure i am leaving many well deserving people out,but these are the ones i can think of now,but you can't really narrow it down to just 5 drivers.A better question would be the best drivers in each division.That would allow a lot more exceptional drivers and inovators in.Randy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 11:59AM by OFB®.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,750, Posts: 229,901, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,088, Posts: 226,003.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM