Ih 466 power steering pump used as fuel pump. October 07, 2016 06:28AM
A couple weeks ago someone was talking about running mechanical fuel supply pumps and someone mentioned that they put a front cover from a truck on their IH 466 and used the power steering pump as a supply fuel pump. Has anyone ever done this? How much pressure do you get out of the power steering pump? What do you all need to do it?

Re: Ih 466 power steering pump used as fuel pump. October 07, 2016 01:13PM
I set Mine up that way. Use a sprayer regulator after the pump. I use 1" id supply hose from the tank to the pump and also from the regulator back to the tank. That little pump will flow a bunch and build some increadable pressure. It can be a bit of a bugger to prime. I start with a full tank, have everything plumbed and remove the pump from the front cover and spin it with a drill with a socket on it. I'll have a helper crack the line after the filters to get all the air out of the system. I then mount the pump back into the front cover. From there the starter spinning the motor will push it through the injection pump. Have a fuel pressure gauge and You can get Your system pressure set pretty close just using the drill. Hope that made sense.

Re: Ih 466 power steering pump used as fuel pump. October 09, 2016 03:37PM
Do you have a phone number I could call you at? I have a few more questions and things to clarify.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009