farm rules? June 11, 2009 09:23AM
Having ameeting next week, looking for some ideas to seperate farm and to hot to farm . Tired of bitching and whining. Hate to drop farm but to much cheating and whining. Rule 1, you dont build a tractor for farm pulling. 2, stock rpm or 3000,3,speed limit? Open to civil suggestions.

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 09:42AM
If its a true farm class, the RPM's should be stock. No stock farm tractor was ever tested at Nebraska where it achieved its horsepower at 3000 RPM.

Good luck w/ the meeting, you'll need it!

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 11:35AM
The meeting will be a breeze....Enforcing the rules will make you real sick of going to pulls fast.....I was never cussed and swore at so much in my life as I was when Indianhead and SCV tried to level the playing field with more rules. It needs to be done but it sucks to be the one doing it!!!!!

Chip

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 12:16PM
i ran farm stock for years, i had a 1066 that i used on the farm all the time and i had the stock pump turned up about 4 turns and the rpms opened up to 3000 like any of them stock m100 pumps will run on a tractor and i pulled it that way and farmed with it that way and it never seemed to hurt the tractor at all. if you run a 3000rpm limit class them are better than speed limit classes, them type of classes use to let me run in high 1st in the 12,500 class with a stock tractor.

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 01:09PM
To me, farm stock should be just that, farm stock, the way they were when they rolled off the assembly line. They should be limited to the stock RPM's according to Nebraska Test results, stock fuel systems, and stock turbochargers. The need for a speed limit will be unneccessary. Will that be an everloving hell to enforce? You better believe it! I'd truly love to see such a class, and pull in such a class in my area, but it just isn't gonna happen. There's a separate class for the 3000 RPM tractors, so I'm going for that one.

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 01:39PM
Easy, Stock R.P.M.s / If it Smokes like a train , or goes to fast then throw them out. Farm tractors pull from stock drawbar with clevis, a GOOD one.Stock Farm tractors wont do that pulling the disk so if it smokes more than what it is normal throw it out with no refund . SO, they better sign up for the right class, they know what they have and where they should be.

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 01:51PM
Good Luck: stock should be stock but there are a lot of stock tractors that are NOT stock

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 03:17PM
around here the stock classes are run at 2800 rpms(to make tech easy with so many tractors) if they smoke to much and can run 3rd high or 4th high on a 1066 they are kicked out. i wish we could tech fuel systems and ci put there isnt a good way to do it. most 1066 now have a 466 in them, unlike are 10 that still has a 414. it really isn't fun to pull it anymore.

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 03:25PM
I run a 1066 with a 414 with some pump work a speed limit really makes it far for anyone i can run 3 high but good luck rule are hard to make
just have run what you brung .

Re: farm rules? June 11, 2009 11:48PM
I tell you guys start by giving the first through third place pullers a ribbon and split the payout between the next pullers. If the big guys want to run they can but the money will go to some one else.
Thanks Chucky

Re: farm rules? June 12, 2009 02:21AM
this will be a nightmare.my opinion farm stock should be run as tractors were tested at nebraska.no gutting,3 point,pto still on tractor and must work.stock drawbar,cast rear wheels,factory weight brackets.good luck,you are gonna need it

Re: farm rules? June 12, 2009 04:36AM
I haven't seen a true farm stock class pulled anywhere. I've seen alot of classes called farm stock and have a list of rules four or five page long, but if your tech guy don't know everything a man can know about every tractor that was ever built than someone is going to cheat and get by with it. If you set a bunch of rule stick to your guns and enforce them don't let anything slide, if your not gonna do that then do like the other guy said have one rule and one rule only RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BRUNG ENOUGH!!!!!!! . Honestly that what most farm stock pulls are know days anyway.

Here is the problem with farm stock no one has the time to check turbos, injection pumps , rpms, ptos, lift arms, hydurlics etc...... and make sure that there all legal and working at a tractor pull. You would have to have a tech day and a pull day. Don't get me wrong i would love to see a true FARM STOCK class and may even bring a couple of my farm tractors to pull in it, but it will never happen. True farm stock pulling is a thing of the past and has been for many, many years know. the best advance i can give to anyone thinking that there going to take there trator straight off the farm and compete anywhere in the U. S. is leave the good old farm tractor in the shed and go find you a decent salavage tractor and buy you a hot farm tractor.

The best so called farm stock classes i have ever seen pulled are in indiana and are 6 and 8 mph classes. These mph classes are hard on the hot farm tractors because most of them aren't setup to go so slow, and at that that speed big horse power is just a waste. I've seen true farm stock 1066's make 6030's with over 800 ci look silly. The problem with these classes is that nobody really wants to pull that slow not even your farm stock guys, and not a lot of people want to watch big tractors pull the speed of antiques. So if you come up with a solution to the farm stock delimina please let us all know. just my 2 cents .

Re: farm rules? June 12, 2009 06:00AM
Several of the local fairs around here run farm stock classes. The rules are pretty simple. Each class has a weight, tire size, & HP limit. No cut tires, clevis on drawbar, they may require high idle with some % of factor rating & that covers most of it. They hire a local dealership or repair shop with an M&W dyno to check those who place. HP limit is generally 1 HP for 100# ie 55 HP for 5500#, 120 HP for 12,000#. Tire sizes are generally limited to something x 38 or less using a formula to cover 30, 34 or other rim diamters.

Some non farmers have tractors they only pull with & the successful pullers generally have a set of road worn tires they only use for pulling, but otherwise it's tune them up & pull.

Here is an example.
Field class pull rules

Re: farm rules? June 12, 2009 06:58AM
STICKEN TO YOUR GUNS IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO LET ONE SLIDE THEY ALLSLIDE

Re: farm rules? June 13, 2009 01:01AM
I used to pull in the farm stock class with a 4430 when i started it was a 4430 with a 6620 combine motor in it It ran ok in the farm class but didnt do anything great. so to keep up we bought pump lines and injectors and turbo and i was in the top half of the class. then the main bearings spun so we rebuilt it with 55series parts and it ran better and we won a few times there was about tractors that were at the top of the class and if someone ran alot better than those 10 they got kicked out to to hot to farm. Then you have to start all over and spend more money. like in the earlier post if you want a true farm stock you should have the tractor right off the farm, mufflers, drawbars with clevis, 3 point , Pto, and stock weight brackets. When you regulate the farm stock you cant just kick 2or3 out to make the right person win if they run just as good and the rest. Its tractor pulling i just go to the pulls to have fun and talk to my friends and no matter what you do do you cant make everyone happy its just plain and simple. just what i think

Re: farm rules? June 13, 2009 04:03AM
Ok I don’t understand stock cast, stock weight bracket, who in the crowd or in the pits is going to spend 20 dollars and $3 fuel to watch something they can do at home. So run stock, Stock drawbar, while you’re at it lets make the speed limit 4 mph, because it isn’t going to last long. Just my 2 cents

Re: farm rules? June 13, 2009 08:47AM
thank you any more info would be helpful

Re: farm rules? June 13, 2009 01:12PM
Hey Mark when is the meeting i would like to come down and help out again this year.

Re: farm rules? June 13, 2009 03:58PM
when and where is this meeting? i do agree speed needs to be controlled, ih should run no more than 2nd high and not just showing the gear lever in 2nd and deeres within the same, every puller knows pretty much what gear a tractor is in when it goes down the track; an example at darlington a year or 2 ago a 4450 from illinois went screaming down the track in the farm class and got 1st. a person went to one of the people putting it on to complain that wasnt right and was told not to tell him how to run his pull.i believe you can rent a electronic speed sign from local police departments maybe that would help.but then again a set of rules would help too.

Re: farm rules? June 14, 2009 02:02AM
I know at our pulls farm stock is going with the stock rpm that way guys like me that have tractors set to run at 3000 fall on our face. The other way I am going to regulate our farm is if a tractor wins a class by more then 20 foot I am going to say congrats you just got a free hook see you in the 2hot class. I hope it works out for me I will let you know after this weekend give me shout Mark would like to talk to you more on the deal.

Re: farm rules? June 14, 2009 03:54AM
The only way to get rid of this problem is to get rid of farm stock all together.

Re: farm rules? June 14, 2009 04:19AM
I don't see getting rid of Farm Stock classes completely as an option. If you have a Farm Stock class in your area, this is usually the one class where everyone gets their start in tractor pulling. I know its where I got my start, in our Stock RPM class (about as close to farm stock as we get), pulling my first 1206, then also my 1256. Heck, I still pull the one 1206 in the stock class. Not everyone can just go & buy/build a tractor for a 3000 RPM class/Open Farm/Hot Farm and get started that way. I know that Farm Stock classes usually have the most rules, and are the hardest classes to enforce, but this class is where we all got our start in this sport.

Re: farm rules? June 15, 2009 12:10PM
I know, I pull farm class myself, but theres always somebody there that shouldn't be.

Re: farm rules? June 15, 2009 12:43PM
i know you guys made a new class. the to hot too farm, but has there been a decision been made for the farm stock, going back to the 2nd high 6th gear rule or whats going on? and when is the cuba city pull. thanks for any info

Re: farm rules? June 16, 2009 06:33AM
cuba is this weekend, havnt made any decisions yet on farm rules

Re: farm rules? June 16, 2009 11:42AM
when and where is the meeting?

Re: farm rules? June 16, 2009 01:26PM
what day? and are you going to post the farm rules on here?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,744, Posts: 229,886, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM