Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 18, 2016 03:37AM
I'm wanting to put a new chassis under my tractor. Not sure weather to go with a wedge style or a tube style chassis. Opinions?? Who would you recommend to build either one for a Ford/NH... 9000 rear/ trans?? I would like to stay light, but not too light where I have issues with things cracking or breaking.
Thank you!

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 18, 2016 06:42AM
do you have to stay with stock rear?

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 18, 2016 02:56PM
Yes, I have to stay with the stock rear.

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 19, 2016 03:54AM
With an AG rear its all about personal preference.
I prefer channel or as you say wedge.
We make them straight front to back.
lines and such can be hidden in the channel.
You do not have to skin a channel to make it look nice.

I cannot figure out how to past pictures. In this day and age it should be simple.
I have pictures of frames we have built. There are some on Facebook,, Blue Power Special Pulling Team

Andy

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 19, 2016 10:50AM
I have a nice 5000 rearend, cage, hitch, wheelie bars and ladder bars for sale, my number is 608-228-0700.

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 19, 2016 11:12AM
Andy Keyes
I cannot figure out how to post pictures. In this day and age it should be simple.
I have pictures of frames we have built. There are some on Facebook,, Blue Power Special Pulling Team

Andy

Andy, first, thanks for sharing your opinion and experience, it's greatly appreciated. Here's a link with info about posting pictures: http://www.pulloff.com/phorum/read.php?17,78981#attach_photos incase you're interested in adding any photos to this topic.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 19, 2016 12:04PM
Andy,
What size channel did you use?

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 21, 2016 05:08AM
really try to build it so you can work on it with out having to tear it all apart? ie. clutch adjustment, motor work, etc..

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 21, 2016 12:52PM
I would like to be able to pull the engine out without splitting the tractor. Only tearing very little apart to make it happen.

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 25, 2016 09:50AM
We use a 11" wide 3/16" thick mild steel bent to an 8" tall with 1 1/2" lips.
Our frames we have made for the 8000 size rear ends are made to stay together when removing engines.
But they are not easy to engine dyno.

More pictures on Facebook @ Blue Power Special Pulling

Andy Keyes

Re: Wedge or tube chassis for a Ford/NH November 28, 2016 03:05PM
here is my tube frame I built for mine 8000 rear end and trans housings

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,841, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro