Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 18, 2016 04:36AM
BG added Light Unlimiteds for this year as an extra class...I was hoping for limited pro diesel trucks(3.0sb) or pro stock diesel trucks(3.6sb)...or the light pros or limited pros too maybe. Had some time during lunch here so I mocked up what I would think would be a pretty good schedule changing things up a little...

Thursday 12:00
1.Limited Pro Stock Trucks
2.Limited Pro Stock Tractors
3.Light Unlimiteds
4.Two Wheel Drives

Thursday 7:30
1.Light Supers
2.Minis
3.Light Unlimiteds
4.Super Stock Diesel Tractors
5.Semis

Friday 11:00
1.Modifieds
2.Four Wheel Drives
3.Super Stock Open Tractors
4.Super Stock Diesel Trucks
5.Super Stock Diesel Tractors

Friday 6:30
1.Two Wheel Drives
2.Modifieds
3.Limited Pro Stock Trucks
4.Pro Stock Tractors

Saturday 11:00
1.Unlimiteds
2.Light Supers
3.Minis
4.Semis
5.Limited Pro Stock Tractors

Saturday 6:30
1.Super Stock Open Tractors
2.Four Wheel Drives
3.Super Stock Diesel Trucks
4.Pro Stock Tractors
5.Unlimiteds

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 18, 2016 06:26AM
No Super Farms? One of the biggest classes and not on ur list? Not starting anything was just curious of ur opinion?

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 18, 2016 07:07AM
Super farms are here to stay at bg, blue shirts got to see that they offer the same looking class when lights run one track and opens on the other to the fans that go to a few pulls every year light pros would be in before 4.1s because theres a bunch more light pros around in Ohio a second diesel pickup class would get some more fans in that are not the usual bg fan one last thing if 3 new classes came in where they gonna park them

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 18, 2016 07:01AM
The NTPA will run Light PS before they even consider A Limited PS class. Just saying

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 18, 2016 08:08AM
I am a bigger fan of Light Pros and would rather see them there because they are fun to watch and have a variety of colors but Limited Pros are still more widespread, plus if the super farm pullers wanted to pull still it would be easier to upgrade to a limited pro. The super farms are just not that fun to watch...I would rather see either Limited or Light Pros take over as a national class...higher hp classes and it's not like super farms are a cheaper economical class to build for anymore.

As for the parking...it would only be 1 more class than what they are purposing next year...Limited Pro trucks would bring in a lot of new fans, Light Unlimiteds add another class for the mod fans, and Limited or Light Pros are more fun to watch than super farms. That is my opinion.

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 18, 2016 10:10AM
Thanks for ur opinion. And yeah we could just put a 4.1 charger on but most of are bottom ends won't hold up. With out some decent amount of work. I do like watching the super farms bc u get to see the tractor actually lug and not just spin the tires all the way down the track.

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 18, 2016 10:51AM
I don't agree. Mine has same bottom end as in my super Farm. Superfarm puts a great amount of stress on crank and rods at a lower rpm. Super farm and limited pro make about the same torque

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 18, 2016 12:14PM
I know super farm guys who have broken more than one billet cranks. big torque at low rpm = broken parts.

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 19, 2016 12:06AM
Super Farms, 2wd and 4x4 gas trucks are absolutely horrible to watch at BG. People tend to be ok with them in smaller amounts (10-12) at smaller state level or local pulls, but they are incredibly boring and just plain suck. If i had my way both lim. Pros and Light Pros would be in at BG as well as the 3.6sb class(Prostock Diesel Truck). These big time pulls dont realize they dont need every class out there to be great. In fact what they really need is to just put in the classes that people want to see, if that is done your pull will flourish and will have no problem selling out in the future.
For the record I rank sf above the other 2 gas truck classes mentioned, and on a side note i will mention what i have been saying for years: Put 20.5 tires on super farms and all the sudden the class is fun to watch again and people quit complaining about super farms

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 19, 2016 02:42AM
We run a TWD and it does get I little old watching 70 go down the track, but it gets old watching 70 of anything go down the track. If you think BG needs anything to make their event flourish you must have never been there, it is flourishing quite well. These large pulls like BG and Tomah have to have a large variety of classes to fill the seats. I know it's hard for some folks to beleave but there are people that actually like the noise classes. It takes them all to put on a great evemt. I do agree with your statement on the SF class, I've always thought it should be a small tire class.

S'no Farmer

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 19, 2016 03:29AM
I am also in agreeance on smaller tires for super farms probably 20.8s...As for TWD and FWD I understand why they are there. They bring in some noise fans...some guys love the naturally aspirated mod 4x4 sound others like wheel standing TWDs. It's not my cup of tea but I still actually like watching them in smaller doses. But saying anything gets old after 70 Tractors or Trucks does not hold true for me...I could sit and watch 100 Pro stocks and be happy. A couple of years ago when there were over 20 PS in the pulloff...I loved every second of it. Yes Bowling Green is successful but I feel it could still be better with tweaks in classes...to bring in a new crowd while still pleasing all of the BG faithfuls. I feel it could provide a better show to what is already the best event in pulling hands down. New classes or changes could add more excitement that is why I love seeing BG adding the lt unl class...that is a great start.

I'm glad to see the Light Unlimiteds at BG this year and hope to see a good turnout with maybe some other guys stepping down from other classes to pull or new tractors to the class coming out to experience the best pull in the world. I think that the addition of BG to the schedule may influence some people to build for the class as well.

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 19, 2016 11:34AM
This is just my opinion:
A GRAND National Pull should be able to select it's classes from the GN classes available but doesn't have to include ALL the classes offered on the GN tour.
A SUPER National event should only get that title if it runs ALL the GN classes.

BG calls itself a Super National and I truly believe that title is special. I'd love to see the Light Pros in BG but I really believe that if it's going to call itself a Super National then it should have the Light Unlimited there first (along with the rest of the GN classes).

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green November 22, 2016 03:09AM
What actually signifies a Super National event? Purse, classes, venue?

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2016 03:10AM by Dan M.

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green December 19, 2016 05:04PM
I am curious of this too.

Re: Light Unlimiteds at Bowling Green December 20, 2016 05:02AM
Purse is what makes it a SN pull. Look at Chapel Hill, only a handful of classes but many pullers would give their left nut to pull there.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,835, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro