HOOSIER STATE HOT FARM November 27, 2016 05:08PM
ANY WORD ON PROPOSED RULES

Re: HOOSIER STATE HOT FARM November 28, 2016 09:38AM
Is Hoosier State adding hot farm to their lineup???

Re: HOOSIER STATE HOT FARM November 28, 2016 10:26AM
The board approved the hot farm class proposal. We will be running PPL rules. $2300 purse this year. We need 10 paid HSTPA members before the first of January, preferably asap.

Silly rule November 28, 2016 01:18PM
According to the hstpa website, there were fewer than 10 vehicles running for points in mods, lss, limited pro, twd and fwd in 2016. Heavy ss had a dozen, of which several were light pros, and the light pros were the only class with 10 vehicles built for that class.

Yet, you want 10 hot farms to pay up in the next 4 weeks? Why don't you require the other classes to get 10 members? I know you are just the messenger and rules are rules, but this makes hstpa look petty, and frankly, hypocritical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 01:18PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Silly rule November 28, 2016 02:34PM
These type of things happen often in what we do, HSTPA is a successful organization that has a decent following. But I do wish they would have followed closer to the rules of the other hot farm tractor rules in the Hoosier State to help draw the magic number of 10 they are looking for.

Re: Silly rule November 28, 2016 03:04PM
Any class that wants to become an HSTPA class has to have ten paid members to be brought on board. It has been this way forever,we did talk a little while about changing that number in light of the numbers in pulling in general. We talked about this in the Friday board meeting but I didn't make it to the full membership meeting on Saturday so I don't know if it was talked about then.

S'no Farmer

Re: Silly rule November 28, 2016 03:51PM
I'm curious on which direction the 10 tractors will come from. I would have thought the rules would have overlapped the other three hot farm classes in the area more than they do.

Re: Silly rule November 29, 2016 01:00AM
The tractors that were reprsented there, this is the direction they wanted to go. With PPL, IPL and Darke county in ohio, I don't think we will have a problem getting our 10.

As far as the current classes you are referring to not having 10 members, keep in mind not everyone elects to get points. We had right around 70 members.

Re: Silly rule November 29, 2016 11:29AM
I don't have access to PPL rules more current than 15'. But Darke County and Michindoh both use 540ci for a limit, not 510. Michindoh and IPL both don't require engine and sheet metal to match with approval. And rule 7a of the 2015 PPL rules is going to eliminate several of the good running red tractors in the state. So based on what I see with all of this it should a great class of green tractors.

Re: Silly rule November 29, 2016 12:30PM
In NTPA 540 is a light pro. So the PPL hot farm rules suited what our organization was looking for. I have not seen this engine not matching sheet metal. Please provide documentation on this. By the general consensus at the meeting last Saturday, we are headed in a good direction. I'm sorry these rules don't confirm to what you think would be best for our organization.

I'm

Re: Silly rule November 29, 2016 01:12PM
In 2013 I built a tractor to run with Michindoh that doesn't match. I'm still running that tractor currently. I wanted to be one of those 10 tractors you need. There are plenty more tractors in the area that won't meet these rules because of the reasons I pointed out, 30ci to large. 4" intake vs your 3 3/4. Hot farm guys are always willing to travel when given the opportunity. I'm sorry I have offended you. Good luck with your 2017 season.

Re: LLSS? November 30, 2016 12:50AM
Good luck. Hopefully enough promoters will book the class to make it successful.

Was their any discussion about the adding the LLSS class?

Ostpa PPL hot farm? November 29, 2016 05:43PM
Is there anyone in Ohio that would like to see Ostpa pick up this class? Being that Ostpa is a PPL group this could be a good class addition the rules are already in the ppl rule book.

Re: Ostpa PPL hot farm? December 01, 2016 06:00AM
This class was brought up to them before and they acted like that class was below them. I guess the officers have forgotten where they started.

Re: Ostpa PPL hot farm? December 01, 2016 11:03AM
I just spoke with the ostpa president about this and he personally was for a smaller class. But the others in the leadership do not think it will help there show. They see it as another super farm class. But the best way to get the boards attention as the President said was to just start showing up and pull with the existing classes and make presence known that interest is there. Also the tractor do not run like super farms and put on a good show.

Re: HOOSIER STATE HOT FARM December 01, 2016 06:07AM
Where are your proposed hooks located and how many. I line in southern Michigan and hit all the IPL hooks. Why not co- sanction a few events with us IPL and see how it works. I'm not going to pay 600 to a membership and hook only 4 times

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro