Tinnitus in the pulling community November 30, 2016 01:20AM
With the noise levels we are around, I'd guess a number of people in the sport have developed tinnitus.

Informal survey here-
1) What does it sound like to you (ring, buzz, click; high\low frequency, etc)?
2) What treatments\remedies have worked best for you?
3) How long have you had tinnitus, and do you feel pulling was a cause or contributing factor?

Maybe if some of you have found remedies that have either reduced or eliminated it, this forum would be a great way to share things that work (or don't work).

Re: Tinnitus in the pulling community November 30, 2016 11:45AM
Inherited it.

Re: Tinnitus in the pulling community November 30, 2016 01:27PM
as I get older the hair gets thicker in my ears....it seems to help

Re: Tinnitus in the pulling community November 30, 2016 03:10PM
Fan of the sport
With the noise levels we are around, I'd guess a number of people in the sport have developed tinnitus.

Informal survey here-
1) What does it sound like to you (ring, buzz, click; high\low frequency, etc)?
2) What treatments\remedies have worked best for you?
3) How long have you had tinnitus, and do you feel pulling was a cause or contributing factor?

Maybe if some of you have found remedies that have either reduced or eliminated it, this forum would be a great way to share things that work (or don't work).
1) ringing
2) none
3) 44 years and I am 57 years old and started pulling when I was 32 years old. I know what caused mine. Shelling cribbed corn, riding a mounted IH 234 corn picker on a 560, riding an IH 806 with no cab working ground, loading soybeans in an overhead bin, and unloading soybeans out of a steel grain bin all with NO ear protection. The shrill sound of grain moving will effect a persons hearing more than the sound of tractor or truck pulling.

Re: Tinnitus in the pulling community November 30, 2016 03:11PM
I've had that high pitched ringing in my ears for decades and always contributed it to the number of rock concerts that I bragged about being in the front row at in my teen years.
About 3 years ago I started taking blood pressure pills to bring the pressure down a bit. When the pressure was down to where the doctor was comfortable (120/70), I noticed that my ringing in the ears had dropped to just a dull high pitched ring that was maybe 1/2 the volume that it had been.

About 6 moths ago, I ran out of blood pressure meds and just didn't refill them. The ringing came back to the load level that it had been for years. So I started taking the meds again, and the ringing quieted down.

So in my case blood pressure has caused the ring. You may get that checked if you haven't already.

Good Luck in your research!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520