KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 14, 2009 05:00AM
Heard rumors of a tractor getting protested last night at Campbellsville. Anyone know if this is true or not?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 14, 2009 07:39AM
Yes! Royce McGowan was for cubic inch limit. He denied the tear down and was kicked out of KTPA for a year!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 14, 2009 10:13AM
How does this effect him with other organizations such as ORVTPA or the bluegrass series?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 14, 2009 01:21PM
What class does he pull in and what is his tractor?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 14, 2009 01:43PM
8500 lbs pro farm class. And the name of the tractor changes every pull sometimes "its we dig it" and sometimes its "we pull it". But its the 4255 John Deere that has nothing on the side shields just a plan green tractor

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 14, 2009 11:55PM
I believe it's Robert Galloway's old Hulk diesel tractor that's been redone for pro farm.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 17, 2009 09:57AM
First of all, let's get a few things straight for all of you out there with nothing better to do than make up a bunch of lies. #1, Royce DID NOT refuse the teardown #2, The majority of the 8500 lbs. class is cheating, and if they want to protest because Royce won a couple of pulls this year after working for three years to get it right, then let them protest. Its a shame that those pullers are so jealous that they can't take losing to anyone, let alone a Deere. Grow up Boys!! #3, that tractor has always been called "We Dig It" and nothing else. Now for those of you who say differently, maybe ya'll need hearing aids or something. I do know it's hard to hear the announcer at times and the announcer has even screwed the name up at times. But it's you all that seems to have a problem with it, right? As for who did the protesting, (Revisions and Thunder), here's the thing I see. If the Revisions tractor had of made a good hook at the C-ville pull, he would have been right there at the end with that Deere tractor. Furthermore, the second and third place tractors that the Deere only beat by a couple of feet came over and shook McGowan's hand and said he did a good pull. These were the only two tractors that wouldn't have any part in the protest against the Deere. So please get your facts straight before running on here and mouthing off. Comes home you know=]]

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 19, 2009 02:14PM
#1 If Royce didn't refuse the teardown then why is he suspended for a year in the KTPA??? #2 If you think that anyone is cheating in the 8500 LBS class why don't you do the same thing that has been done to you and put your money where your mouth is and protest who you think is cheating. #3 That tractor has not always been called "We Dig it" or "We Pull it" If my memory serves me right that tractor used to be called the Hulk! #4 If that tractor was a stock deere then how in the world did it ever manage to beat 7 cheating Internationals, 1 Agco??? Don't be calling tractors out (Revisions/Thunder) unless your 100% sure they are the ones that put the money up!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 20, 2009 12:10AM
Someone else needs to get their facts straight! First of all, Royce isn't suspended for a year from the KTPA. Don' t know where you get your info, but you are wrong. He sits out 2 pulls. You should know also who is cheating and who is not if you're so smart. No one should have to tell ya!! Looking forward to this season for SURE Smiling) And Robert Galloway is the PRIOR owner of the Deere that McGowan runs. Since Royce bought it, he has always called it "We Dig It" So news flash....it is "WE DIG IT"!!!!!!!! As far as calling out tractors, the one protested has a right to see who signed the protest, so here's another FACT....it was the Thunder and Revisions tractor. Satisfied?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 20, 2009 02:18PM
Actually the facts are right! He sits out for a year! I would take up for you in the fact that if he was tore down and proven to be wrong... but he denied it because the tractor never was tore apart for the protest! So that fact out of the way the rule book says hes out for a year! Another thing is dont be accusing anyone of cheating unless you got the facts and proof to back it up! I guarantee these boys have worked on their tractors just as hard as royces mechanics has worked on this deere! The whole fact of looking forward to pulling this year....better start finding some lawn mower pulls because thats all your going to be doing! Satisfied!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 21, 2009 03:04PM
You are a very mislead person, so we will see who is pulling lawn mowers. Stick around and smell the diesel....and if you know anything at all about pulling tractors, which I assume you do since you're on here mouthing off all the time, you would easily recognize a CHEATER!! Have a good day! (And yes, I'm VERY satisfied;] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 22, 2009 01:01AM
I am affiliated with the person mcgowan got his turbo from. Its no big suprise why he ran if he was protested.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 22, 2009 01:29AM
I am an IH man but let's be fair about this Royce Made a great pass, he should be commended for it. I don't care what brand it is it can be made run if you have enough money and initive. Royce beat the red boys again at a bluegrass pull friday night. Wonder why revisions and thunder didnt protesr again. Maybe havent got the balls they claim to have. What about the other night when thunder put 20 ft on all the others no one protested. I have never seen royce protest anyone. Some of the red guys just need to stop and smell the roses and realize they are not the only ones with money and knowhow. I don't know who is cheating and who is not or wheather anyone is but you had better haveyour own house clean before you go casting stones at others.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 22, 2009 06:26AM
qanother puller!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE MY PHONE # CALL ME OR COME AND SEE ME AND WE WILL TALK ABOUT THE REASONS WHY I DID NOT PROTEST ROYCE @ THE BOB PULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DO YOU USE BOUGAS NAME ON THE POSTING AND NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME?

I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU, I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 22, 2009 04:18AM
You can claim to be "affiliated" with whomever you wish to be, but the truth is, YOU KNOW NOTHING hee hee! Winking

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 02:24AM
I think KTPA rule is he only has to miss 2 hooks and then he can be teched and come back, I don't think it's a year.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 02:43AM
What were the results of the class?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 03:00AM
In the KTPA rule book rule 14 in the protest section states that you have to miss 2 consecutive hooks then he can come back, if you are found illegal twice for same thing then you are kicked out for a year.

Royce is not kicked out for a YEAR!!!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 04:31AM
So how does this effect his and the rest of the 8500 lbs class's points? although he didnt get protested at Russell County does that mean he as to forefit his points there and at Campbellsville? Or does he lose any points at all?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 07:49AM
The way I'm understanding rule 14 is that he only loses C-ville points not Russell Co.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, you lose all of your accumulated points and kicked out for a year
if you are found illegal on the same thing twice.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 07:43AM
Assuming you were legal, why would you refuse a tear down for cubic inches? It's not like someone protesting an injection pump where you will have to spend a bunch of time and money getting your pump rebuilt after the tech peeps are done with it. (If I knew I was legal, I would let them tear apart everything on our puller to prove we were legal) Also, if you only get a 2 pull suspension for refusing a tear down, that is almost promoting cheating until you get protested. A large % of those guys aren't really worried about points anyway. All you have to do is refuse it, go to the house and make it legal so that when you come back and are protested again, you pocket the protest money.

Or maybe, you refuse tear down on cubic inches to make everyone automatically think you are trying to hide the fact that you are over on cubes when, in reality, your cubes are fine but you are doing something else illegal such as running nitrous. That way, when you come back no one is thinking about anything other than those big cubes they are convinced that you have. By the way...I am, in no way, suggesting this guy is running nitrous or anything else. As far as I know he is totally legal. I'm just throwing out some thoughts to ponder since he refused tear down.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 08:12AM
If I was the protester the next pull he is at he would be protested again.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 08:14AM
you would have to pull as well on the next pull as you did on the illegal pull before you would be protested,
if you could do that why take the chance.
Chances of doing that are pretty slim, but possible with some luck. The person protesting would just be willing to take that chance right or wrong.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 09:21AM
WHEN I READ THE RULE BOOK I READ THAT RULE NUMBER #6 WOULD BE THE ONE THAT APPLYS TO THIS MATTER NOT NUMBER #14 BECAUSE HE DENIED THE ENTIRE PROTEST SO THEREFORE HE IS GUILTY AS FAR AS I CAN TELL.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 10:12AM
I see what you are saying on this matter, I was thinking that rule 6 concerned truck class, I don't gess I read the top part to good, it reads
" engine protest in any class " I don't know if it's a misprint or what the case may be.

The way I see it there is a BIG conflict between rule #6 and #14.

KTPA board has to clear this up,

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 01:11PM
Ya Im with curious on this subject! I believe that theres more to him rejecting the tear down than just a cubic inch limit! Ive seen this happen before!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 02:26PM
Rule #6 is stating what happens if you "refuse" protest. Rule #14 is stating what will happen if you are "found" illegal during teardown. So therefore there should be no controversy in the two rules.They are written very plainly.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 10:15AM
I agree, rule 14 would not apply. Considering the inspection was turned down, who knows what was to be found on the tractor. If the tractor was legal there would be no reason to deny inspection.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 01:23PM
1 john deere against 9 IH HAS TO BE CHEATING

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 01:41PM
yup!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 02:30PM
I have heard this tractor had been kicked out for running nitrous in anouther orgination.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 06:19PM
I've not heard anything like this before. Would you care to elaborate on this?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 15, 2009 06:29PM
I think this is something that Doug Cox and the Tech officials need to clear up in the drivers meeting at the next pull where the 8500 LBS class is supposed to pull at which on the schedule it is for sure the 8500 class will be at Columbia, Ky on July, 9th 2009.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 03:55AM
Just my thoughts, the deere had a picture perfect run and didn't win by no great amount and i'm not taking up for deeres because i'm an I H man, but give the guy the benefit of doubt he had a great pull. If he had half tracket them it would have been different, you know every dog has his day. As for not letting them tear him down I wouldnt have either if it had been me, not in those conditions out there in the pits. If you want to tear a tractor down at least take it to a clean shop where the inspection can be done in a clean enviorment, after all guys have alot tied up in their tractors. My thoughts only.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 05:38AM
I agree 100 percent with you, i know these boys that pull the deer an they wouldnt cheat in anyway, they just put the work an effort into it this winter an some people cant take it. keep up the good work "we dig it"

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 06:06AM
So who protested him?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 06:35AM
There is no decision to be made by Doug Cox he just sells the pulls and trys to keep all pullers a place to pull.
Futher more when you read the rule book the question at hand is a no brainer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 08:10AM
This rue has been the same in KTPA forever. If you refuse tear down you are out for two hooks then you can come back.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 08:41AM
Sorry Tad you are wrong if you get caught cheating your out 2 pulls but if you will read the rule it states #6 IF PROTESTED REFUSES TO LET PROTEST CONTINUE HE/SHE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PULL THAT VEHICLE 12 MONTHS FROM DATE. THIS RULE IS THE ONE IN QUESTION, IF HE HAD LET THE PROTEST CONTINUE AND WAS FOUND WRONG THAT WOULD THEN LET HIM FIX INFRACTION AND RETURN AFTER MISSING 2 PULLS. Therefore he was stoping the protest from being completed.!!!!!!!!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 09:36AM
My bad it used to not have if refused kicked out for a year. It says it in the rule so there is nothing to ask anyone about he is out.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 11:07AM
If he was legal there is no doubt that he would let them tear his deere down! He would want to prove to everyone and all the pullers around that he is not running a big engine! Maybe theres more to it then everyone is letting on. Was he inspected his first pull? Maybe theres something under the hood he is not wanting to show! If I pulled and got protested they would have to prove to me that im running a big engine! Not give up!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 12:08PM
THANKS FOR SUPPORT THIS IS JUST HOW I SEE IT ALSO,IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE THEN WHY NOT LET THE PROTEST GO ON.. THIS IS JUST PART OF THE PULLING GAME THAT SOME LIKE TO PLAY, BUT THIS TIME HIS GAME IS OVER ACCORDING TO THE RULE BOOK.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 02:30PM
I dont know if you have been to Campbellsville in a little while or not but they have to big buildings with lights in them that couldve been a good clean place to tare him down.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 16, 2009 10:56PM
In this sport there are cheaters, and there are ones who have not got caught yet!

You all know its true!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 17, 2009 05:43AM
Yeah they are still some cheaters in tractor pulling and any other sport but eventually they will get caught and obviously this cheater got caught! So as the old saying goes another one bites the dust!

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 17, 2009 06:13AM
Is this the same deere with the marine intake manifold? Maybe lincomatic knows?

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 17, 2009 06:23AM
He also has a big turbo last year he was running a 3 1/2 exhaust pipe and this year he's running a 5 inch pipe just like the rest of the class

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 17, 2009 08:56AM
I thought it might have been the same tractor. I will give them this much, they put forth a good effort to block the view of the motor if the side shields are opened. I'm not a ship captain but there are things on that motor that belongs on tug boats! Some things are just too obvious (and big) to stand in the way of.

Re: KTPA pull at Campbellsville June 22, 2009 01:06PM
Another perspective of the intrepretation of Rule 6, and Rule 14, what if a puller didn't tear down, but admitted the violation of the challenge? Wouldn't an admission avoid the tear down, avoid the Rule 6 penalty, if applicable, and just miss two pulls. Looks like a puller could avoid the first tear down. No one, legal or not, wants to pull a head, outside a shop facility, void of tool access, benches, lighting, lifting equipment and space to work around the tractor, besides on a trailer floor or on grass/gravel/dirt. Brad Powell is beginning to be able to pull the 301 head on Fired Up in his sleep, but it's an hours work just to clean up the shop, to Kenny's standards, when the jobs done!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,782, Posts: 229,966, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,047.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009