ESP Dansville Results June 14, 2009 01:58PM
ESP results from the pull held in Dansville, NY are on the website.

http://www.empirestatepullers.com

ESP Dansville Pit Photo's June 14, 2009 02:10PM
I have put up some pit photo's from Dansville, go to my page, contents on the left side, then click on pictures.

Policy Peddler Site

Re: ESP Dansville Announcing June 14, 2009 02:37PM
Dan, Great job announcing at Dansville!

Re: ESP Dansville Announcing June 15, 2009 12:11AM
Hey Rich great run in Dansville. Looked like she was just right. Any pics of the gambler wild run?

Re: ESP Dansville Gambler June 15, 2009 12:19AM
To follow!
Not really a wild run, they have just a little glitch and technical issue. I am sure they will get it corrected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 12:21AM by Policy Peddler.

Re: ESP Dansville Gambler June 15, 2009 12:38AM
yeah i suppose not wild but it looked a little nuts. was it gear oil from the cross box? that beautiful shiney tractor was not as good looking after that run. Thats the first time i ever got misted with oil at a pull. Great day, great weather and a great pull!!

Re: ESP Dansville Gambler June 15, 2009 12:41AM
they need a little different design for the puke tank for the engines. New tractors always have a few little issues.

Re: ESP Dansville Gambler June 15, 2009 12:59AM
i see not a big deal then, mod class is shaping up to be real interesting this year

ESP Dansville Pull Photo's June 15, 2009 02:20PM
Posted the photo's I took at the Dansville pull, go to my site, Policy Peddler Site

content on the left, click on pictures, that will take you to my gallery.

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 05:35AM
How about a video of the two LSS full pulls???
Anybody?

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 05:44AM
I shot video there Crutch and I will have a Event winners clip put together soon. We are trying to get in the Hayfields today but I should be editing the event tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned......

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 09:53AM
Thanks man, and the auto/attenutated mic seem to work on the gl2. tks.

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 10:26AM
Jake and I went to the pull in Dansville and watched the 5 classes that ESP sanctions. Richard Love provided the sled and the settings and sled performance were top notch.

In the TWD class Al VanOstrand on “Cowboy Cadillac” took the win with Don Ramey being just a foot off the pace. A real nice win for Al.

The SF class saw the Zorn Brothers make two really strong passes and take the win over Henry Everman’s “Mr. Determination”. The Zorns seem to have found the right combination for “Snoopy ll”.

In the LSS class Mark Hays and Mark Hootman both had full pulls and decided to split first place. This was the maiden hook on the new Hootman built chassis and the tractor hooked right out of the hole and had a near perfect pass. The Hayes’ had a real nice pass and get a lot out of their LSS “Supernatural”.

In the Mod class Tom Durfee had his twin Allison mod running strong and edged out Rich Rockefeller on the “Policy Peddler”. Mark Cole’s mod “The Gambler” didn’t have the pass that has already given Mark two wins on the ESP circuit, however the workmanship and paint job on the tractor are second to none, just outstanding. Mark is going to be a force on the state circuit and head to head battles with the Ferry Brothers is worth the piece of admission alone.

The HSS class was all Boxlers, with the “Special” putting on a show that had the crowd roaring. Hans Jr. won the class with a monster pass of 342’, John Weidman was second at 308.1. It looks like the Boxlers are walking the fine line between tremendous power and livability , a most impressive win. I am even more convinced that the weight difference of 1000lb between the diesel Supers and alcohol Supers is too much. There is a 500 lb break between the single charger tractors in the class and the multi chargers and I think the same should hold true between the alcohol Supers and the diesel Supers, 500lbs.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 10:32AM
are you saying 500ibs will give the 40 i dont think so and that was a esp set up not a gn for the special

smoker fan June 15, 2009 10:46AM
Smoker fan you are right.

There should be a set of rules for state and national even if it means some of the state pullers have to take a step back.

dansville results June 15, 2009 10:54AM
you never hear much talk when they win the lss only when they are 40+ feet behind in the bigdog class

Re: dansville results June 15, 2009 01:32PM
Who are you talking about?

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 10:35AM
I would think that all the diesel's should take off 500 pounds in the heavy class would be a good idea.

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 03:29PM
find half the tractors that run the heavy class specific that can lose another 500 should go to smoker series weights fot the heavy class. it would make things alot more interesting giving them pros the 10000 they need

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 11:21PM
IT is a SUPER STOCK class weight what a SS does or pull in you own class.

I think the SS class should be 7800 pounds

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 11:31AM
Dick, I agree about Al Vanostrand, a nice win and in the post class interview he seemed like a real good guy. Zorns flexed their muscle and the battle between them and Henry will be good again this year. That new mod of Mark Cole is just outstanding and beautiful, looking forward to that class this coming year. LtSS was fun too. Both winning tractors were hard on the wheelie bars but still took it right out there. The Supernatural never ceases to amaze me what it does with the "little" 360 cube motor. Heavy SS was dominated. My theory about Boxlers is either it "goes or blows" but they are always exciting. Phenomenal show yesterday and the weather was perfect.

Matt

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 11:44AM
why do people say that how many times has that happened that is motor sports

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 01:00PM
i agree that is motorsports. but with boxlers that is always the way. all or nothing. but always spectacular

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 01:28PM
I would say that Boxler’s have gotten The Special to be very reliable the past few seasons. Yes, it blew up in Bowling Green last year, but it managed to make it down the track almost every other run in 2008 (as well as 2007).

I would also agree that The Special was not set on kill yesterday. Hans had a great pass, but it was not the screaming motor that ran the second half of last season. I’m willing to guess that the tractor has been detuned a little to make sure the combination is right.

So even with a slightly detuned tractor, the top diesel still managed to put about 34’ on the top alcohol tractor. I honestly can’t understand how people can’t see that a 1000 lb. differential just isn’t a fair class in ESP and NYTPA.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 01:31PM
I'm not sure if the weight difference is the same this year in NYTPA and ESP.

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 01:43PM
different subject boxler's top 5 horsepower diesel's in nation ,scooter and other lite supers no top 5 nation. like them all just my thoughts

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 03:10PM
I'd definitely say that Boxler's are one of the stronger DSS in the country. I can’t remember when they won a GN hook last, but I think they had a second or a third last summer. There’s no doubt they can be competitive.

Don Head running one of Mark's motors got a third at BG last summer. Bowling Green was probably one of the best LSS classes next to maybe Tomah so one of Marks motors definitely can run with the best of the best.

As for ESP, the Jessie tractor is no slouch, if it had a light chassis to jump in the LSS I think John could give the GN boys a real good run for their money as well. As far as HP is concerned, at 7500 lbs. I'd put Jessie up agaist any 504 pushrods in the country and I wouldn't be too suprised to see Jessie consistently in the top 5, and I'm guessing Cory Forrester (another one of Mark's motors) would be right there with John and the Jessie tractor.

I honestly think Mark will be in the mix on the GN circuit when he has a good pass. I'm not saying he'll dominate the GN class, or even win, but I don't think he will lack for power once he gets the new chassis and new motor dialed in. Hopefully Mark and Jason will make more GN hooks this summer and lay down some nice passes and we’ll see where they truly stack up against the GN regulars.

OK let’s take the best of the best… personally I think if you took The Bomb/Insanity/Rocket/Blue Blazes/Farmboy Fantasy/etc… and ran against Renegade Deere/RLF/Youngblood/Lock n Load/Up N Atom/All Business/Radical Red/Boxler/etc… at a 1000 lb. advantage for the diesels, (ala ESP and NYTPA) the diesels would just dominate.

At 500 lbs. with the top diesel vs. the top 504 pushrod alcohols... now that could be a very, very interesting show! At 1000 lbs. it's not a huge suprise that ESP and NYTPA have lost almost all their alcohol heavy SS.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ESP Dansville Results June 15, 2009 10:55PM
anybody know where John Raymond was, and if he's running the full ESP or NYTPA schedules this year?

lets ask Hans June 15, 2009 11:15PM
why don't someone ask Hans if he needs 1000 pounds or if they would like some other weight between the diesel and alkys. They don't seem to mind pulling against the big alkys at the same weight. I bet they would pull against the smaller alkys at th same weight.

BOXLER TEAM June 15, 2009 11:53PM
ok back when the weight changed from 500 to 1000 he voted no leave it 500 . But he dont pull around here that much .Like i said before what about mark in the lss how many feet did he put on the guys . I think boxler has one of the best sounding dss in the country and they have sure payed ther dues to get where they are. 2 years ago the tractor was a 1 pass wonder they pulled the head of after every run how many pullers would do that for the sport. GREAT JOB SPECIAL TEAM

Re: BOXLER TEAM June 16, 2009 12:19AM
I love the special and always am excited when he is at a pull I attend. I am also glad to hear he is getting it better and more reliable. His experimentation and hard work are paying off for sure. As far as Alky vs diesel, I think that the weight difference may be ok. Weidman beat the rest of the class that was full of diesels and he had 1000 pound difference. 2 Alkys dominated the LSS class. I think as the season progresses you will see the diesels closing the gap some. I don't think you can adjust the class rules for just 1 tractor because he does not pull ESP full circuit. I guess the results as the season continues will tell the story and if the weight difference will need revisiting.

Re: BOXLER TEAM June 16, 2009 01:36AM
The real question is why are Boxlers 40 feet ahead of all the diesels in NY. When they go to the NTPA GN pulls they are not 40 feet in front. They are in the middle of the pack. What is wrong with the state diesels?

Re: BOXLER TEAM June 16, 2009 03:42AM
Icant say there is something wrong with the other guys .some pullers dont like to wrench like the boxler crew does they are never happy with the way it runs and always looking to find more power . When people are out haveing fun drive by the boxler stable any most nights you will see them burning the mid nightoil . Not much work gets done on the tractor durning the because of all the farm work to be done. All i can say is they gotta love pulling.

Re: BOXLER TEAM June 16, 2009 05:09AM
Hard work and time invested is only one part of the equation that Boxler's operate by, running the tractor on the edge of "total failure" every pass is simply not possilble for those with less money to invest (aka throw away) in their operation. Boxler's can destroy a motor one week and be back on the track (after spending a bunch of money) just a short time later, that is not possible for many of the other pullers who are necessary to make it a show instead of a 5 tractor demonstration. I thought Boxler's run alone at Dansville was worth the price of admission, but I can't see myself intentionally putting that much money that close to the edge. So, to Hans, thank you for an amazing pass, to the rest of the class thank you for putting on a great show.

Re: BOXLER TEAM June 16, 2009 09:41AM
Hans loves the sport and loves the crowd it was a great pull

Re: BOXLER TEAM June 16, 2009 11:38AM
If the other gn supers went to normal state hooks, theyd blow'em away. Dont need gn competition on the state circuit, if that was the case, theyd pull gn. States need limitations...3charger diesel and 2charger alky.

Unified Rules... not useless rules June 16, 2009 12:33PM
First, separate state limitations will hurt both the National circuits and the State circuits. The state and national limits need to be the same to grow a healthy class. The sport is too small and the pullers need options where they hook on any given night. Unified rules is the most effective way to grow a class into a healthy class, not fractured rules. The biggest reason the SF class grew to such a huge class is because the limits were the same everywhere, anyone could build a SF and pull anywhere in the country.

Second, the limits you mentioned won’t do a single thing. Infact the limits you mentioned would be a complete waste unless your goal is to limit pullers options, limit fans excitement, and ulitmately hurt the class.
On the alcohol side, as I previously mentioned, Don Head got a third in Bowling Green last year with a twin turbo setup. Marcus Wettleson won Tomah with a twin turbo tractor last summer, and I believe he was in the pulloff with a few other tractors in BG (I can’t quite remember where he finished but it was very impressive to say the least). Those tow pulls were the best of the best and the twin charger setups ran just as strong as the triples. The right twin turbo setup is extremely competitive with the best threee turbo alcohol light supers.
On the diesel side, I believe Boxlers are running a three charger setup, not a quad setup. There are some other top notch diesels running three as well and you can’t even really tell by performance who’s running three or four unless you take some time to look under their hoods. Infact, the King of Deere’s of Brian Shramek ran all last summer in the GN DSS class and did quite well with only a single charger!

The problem is the 1000 lb. difference between the Alcohol and Diesel tractors. You act as if it’s a problem when pullers want to step up and better their performance and technology. you want to limit those who upgrade... I don't see that as fair. It’s the responsibility of the rest of the diesels to catch the top diesel, and the rest of the alcohols to catch the top alcohol. It’s the responsibility of the organization to write rules so the top diesel and top alcohol are competitive… that’s where ESP and NYTPA have failed. Maybe 500 lbs. would be a little more inline instead of 1000 lbs.

From a fans standpoint, it's not a fair show. As a fan, it's pretty boring when Jessie and The Special both show and I already know the winner, the only real question is will it be 20' or 40'. Two of the most exciting tractors in New York and somehow ESP and NYTA have made it unexciting... that's quite and acomplishment!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 16, 2009 01:06PM
As I have stated before I do not believe the difference in weight is the same for both organizations this year. I could be wrong but I think over the winter the NYTPA changed the difference in weight between the alcohol and deisel tractors.

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 16, 2009 01:31PM
Scott,

You might be right, I know there was talk of changing the weight in NYTPA, but I also heard they discussed changing the drawbar heights as well. For some reason everyone wants to make things over complicated. Obviously the weight difference makes a huge difference, right now it makes too much of a difference, the simple solution would be to back that difference down a little and leave the drawbars alone.

If anyone knows exactly what NYTPA finally decided please post here or drop me an email and let me know/correct me.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 16, 2009 02:06PM
STATE IS STATE
NATIONAL IS NATIONAL
they need 2 differant set of rules or the sport will stall.
People pull state because the can not afford the big $$$$ or the time
If the rules or not differant most of the pullers would just park them in the sheds.
I also know that most all state pullers to to do some thing in there limit to inprove.

All states need to be the same Even if some pullers need to step back.

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 17, 2009 03:26AM
I could not disagree more! Unified rules are the only way. Otherwise all you get are small groups of vehicals going in different directions with their rule and not being competitive with each other. Look at the twd and fwd classed no matter state level of gn level they have the same rules, both classes have no problems with numbers of capable vehicals regardless if it is a state or national hook.

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 17, 2009 04:21AM
YOU NEED UNIFIED RULES FOR STATE RULES ONLY STOCK CASTED 6 CYLINDER P PUMPS NOT OVER 540 CUIN...........

AND FOR NATIONAL LETS OPEN IT UP AND STOP PU S FOOTING AROUND ANT RUN NITRO METHAIN

SAME SET OF RULES FOR STATE AND NATIONAL IS DUMB LETS GET THE NASCAR GUYS ON THE STATE TRACKS.

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 17, 2009 05:16AM
Now you just being stupid, NASCAR is a multi-billion dollar business, pulling pulls for $500 for first place! Uniform rules is the only way to go, like others have stated look at FWD, TWD, and SF they all have good numbers and are very competitive, most anyone can win. Besides I want to see Boxlers run in my backyard, not just see 6 cylinder, p pumps. I can go watch my neighbor plow his field if I wanted to see that.

ENOUGH SAID June 17, 2009 06:50AM
BOY, MOST ALL OF YOU PEOPLE JUST DONT HAVE A CLUE......

THAT IS WHY THERE IS A STATE EVENTS AND NATIONAL EVENT

BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT RULES--- AND PULLERS ON A LIMITED INCOME HELLO

Re: ENOUGH SAID June 17, 2009 07:29AM
NO... The main reason for state level competition is because most people can not travel all over the country to pull their vehical!

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 17, 2009 06:56AM
I completely agree, the TWD class is an excellent example, you can take the same truck and you’re legal anywhere in the country (yes I know a T-bucket has to run 200 lbs light and can’t run for points in PPL, but it’s still a legal truck).

Same with SF, with no intercooler (or a bypass), and a few different turbos you could take your tractor anywhere. You can run the Podunk County Fair one night and Bowling Green Ohio the next.

How about the LSS… the rules are almost the same everywhere in the nation. The same tractors can hook a state event one night and then hook at a national pull the next. It also happens to be the fastest growing Super Stock class… hmmm does anyone see a trend?

Now lets look at the other end of the spectrum, lets look at Unlimited Super Stock… they are only legal on the national circuits, (and a very select few states). The class is pretty stagnant and the number of tractors at any given event can be very questionable. The class has some great tractors and some really nice people in it, but it’s not the SS class everyone is building for.

The technology and cost between a Light SS and an Open/Unlimited SS aren’t very different, yet one class is growing like wildfire and one is not. I know I’d much rather have a tractor that was legal everywhere, and obviously I’m not the only one.

Maybe if people could get past their personal agendas they could see what’s good for a class, unified rules from national to regional to state… all the same.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 17, 2009 07:28AM
So what are we saying lets band the Special?

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 17, 2009 08:16AM
Just Because Boxler's have the biggest pocket book in NY,they shouln't be put down or banned from State level. Comparrsion I belive it was last year the River Rat had simular action against him. He spent the money to better his tracor with in the rules. They tried forcing him out so he came to NY, and saw what stiff compition NY had. All because he bettered his tractor. What is the light class going to say with the pass Mark put on everybody last weekend? -NOTHING Yet--He made his tractor to run at State and the National level. What is the Smuggler and the Apparatus doing they built new tractors this year. Will ESP push them out?? They are both legal to run at the state level- (I believe). If you make the playing field fair and equal you may get some different tractor in here and have a very exciting show.
My complaint is Make the tractor for what you plan on running -HHS, LSS- SF- Pro Stock. If you make a Pro Stock tractor don't expect the club to give you weight because you can't be competive in the HHS class. Set one wieght for the class- straight across the board. Run that weight for a year or so them make the changes if need for the alky vs diesel- IF NEEDED. I don't like going to the pulls and in the HHS class there is 9 tractors total and 4-5 are SF and 2 are prostocks. Or in the LLS class there is a total of 9 tractors and 3-4 are LLSS. (WTF)

The issue is the weight! June 17, 2009 11:24AM
I definitely don’t want to ban The Special, or any other top diesel tractor in ESP or NYTPA. A couple of people think a turbo limit would help state pulling, I totally disagree, and think I given some examples that disprove their ideas. One person wants to set different state limits, but he can’t seem to explain why the biggest classes overall are the ones that have unified rules from state to national. Again, I think the numbers in the successful classes clearly disprove his ideas.

The truth is there are people who just want to make as many different arguments as they can to confuse the issue. The issue is the weight difference between the diesel and the alcohols. The issue is not Boxler, it's not Sigma pumps, and it's not 4 turbos. It's about the weight differential! Right now in ESP the diesels have too big an advantage. It has nothing to do with Boxler per say, he just happens to be the strongest diesel. The rules allow for any GN diesel to run in ESP (as they should), the rules also allow for any 504 pushrod alky to run as well (as they should). Some how ESP thinks a GN diesel is so far behind a GN 504 alky that the diesel need a 1000 lb. advantage… that’s just crazy.

1000 lbs is too much!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: The issue is the weight! June 17, 2009 11:28AM
That ai'nt no poopie

Re: The issue is the weight! June 17, 2009 12:07PM
i like how when Weidman had his PS at a 500# advantage and that was fair yet he bellyached after buying a scooter that he had a 1000# disadvantage...he knew about the alky disadvantage when he had his PS!!!

Re: The issue is the weight! June 17, 2009 12:35PM
I’m sorry but my name is Jake Morgan, not John Weidman. No offense to John, but honestly I don’t really care what he wants or doesn’t want.

It’s not about what John or anybody else wants, it’s about what’s fair! At 1000 lbs. it’s not fair! Plain and simple, it’s not fair. It’s not fair to the pullers, and it’s especially not fair to the fans.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 16, 2009 02:32PM
we gave the alcohol tractors 200 pounds they will now weigh 7700 no change for the diesel weight or drawbar for anybody

Re: Unified Rules... not useless rules June 17, 2009 12:39PM
Thanks for the info Harold, I’m glad to see that NYTPA is starting to move in the right direction.

Looking forward to standing trackside with you sometime this summer.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: BOXLER TEAM June 18, 2009 12:37PM
If you guys think that 40 feet by them is bad, just imagine if that tractor was turned up to were it is when they do gn hooks the tractor you see around here aint close to what it runs like on gn. and that tractor has good potential on the gn i think and hope this year will be a good year for them.

Re: BOXLER TEAM June 18, 2009 01:14PM
will the special be around this week?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009