Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 18, 2016 12:05PM
I've heard thru the grapevine that Nebraska Bush made some changes to the rules for their 3000 RPM tractor class, but I haven't heard exact details. Sounds like cut tires & a bump to the RPM's?

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 18, 2016 12:49PM
Yes. Allowing 3200 RPM and Cut tires. Any idea if NE Neb group or Western Iowa group will follow suit???

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 18, 2016 01:06PM
The Northeast group, from what I've been told, at the last rules meeting, created basically a whole new class for these tractors. Used to be there were quite a few that would cross over & support both the Northeast pulls & the Nebraska Bush pulls. Those numbers have dropped over the year, and with these changes, I don't think they wanted to see any more tractors lost to Bush.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 18, 2016 02:56PM
So what are the differences between the Ne Bush 3200 class and the NE Neb 3000 class?

P pump instead of A
Safety equip
3200 instead of 3000
Cut tires instead of non
What else?
Box 3LM for both?

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 18, 2016 04:26PM
Why keep delaying the inevitable and just vote in a gt42 and water injection a be done with it already.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 18, 2016 04:48PM
Because that will mean cages.... "insurance mandated"

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 19, 2016 12:42AM
We all wanna go fast but you gotta have an entry level somewhere. Not everyone can afford to start on a light limited pro. The 3000 and farm classes get young people into the sport and grow it. Where did you start b Clark?

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 19, 2016 01:14AM
From what I have been told this is what ppl wants from Nebraska bush anyway. The western series has the Pro Farm class, but the numbers seem like they are down in that class and They need more tractors. I started pulling farm stock then 3000rpm, but a lot has change from 10 years ago. P-pumps are now allowed. Most of the guys in the class I know have been on the dyno at least once. And now cut tires are in. So it is a valid question the the Bush guys why not just bolt on the gt42 and be done with it, from the looks of it in 2-3 years that's what it's going to be. And the cost aspect is not a real valid argument, 1500 turbo and 500-1500 to put on water. I believe a new set of double cut 20.8s on aluminums is in that 8-9k ballpark.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 20, 2016 11:26PM
A puller in the stands (different class) told me a couple years ago that if you already owned the right tractor, you could spend less than $10,000 on it and be competitive. Is that true? Talking old 3000 RPM rules they were using.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 21, 2016 12:57AM
Yeah but people are gonna go spend money on new factory double cuts and brand new deep treads that are machine cut. Neither option is cheap.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 19, 2016 01:17AM
Well, speaking from experience,Brandon makes a lot of sense. He's not saying you have to start as a light limited Pro. Spend money in the right areas and make it to where everyone can run everywhere...We used to pull with a 2.4, and 2.8 inlet. Spending all kinds of money on chargers, trying to get them to run. With all the money on chargers, updates, wheels, etc...we could have gotten a box GT42 and been done with it....But, let's not kid ourselves. There are a lot of 3000 rpm tractors with a whole lot of money tied up in them. It's pulling...money will be spend regardless of the class.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 19, 2016 02:44AM
Or maybe those that keep pushing the limits of an "entry level" class should just bite the bullet and move on up to a 466 Limited Pro Stock class like the Nebraska Pullers and the old Power Pullers run or Light Limited Pro like Outlaws and Bush run rather then keep raising the bar for their class. Then the 3000 North East class can be left alone and there is a progression path.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 19, 2016 03:25AM
3000 RPM class - This class is a popular class, it is that class that has allowed the puller that wanted to get into pulling and have lots of hooks in nearby communities that opportunity to pull. The class is set up to be a little faster then a farm stock tractor and yet not a pocket book breaker. I am torn on the direction of the class as its a good group right now. I think their intention is to help add to the show by providing a little better product that fits with the rest of the Nebraska Bush. They have really stepped up and stepped in to help the Nebraska Bush over the past few years. The issue is becoming cost and what the class is and has been meant to be. I don't mind going up to the 3200 RPM's. What I do mind is the allowing of the cut tires into the class. Now, you are taking a relatively stock looking tractor and making it look more like a 466 or super farm appearing unit. The cost for cut tires are going to be more then most would like. For a few years most may not change due to cost. However, over time for those that don't, will find the need for them to stay competitive in the class. Thus creating a decision that each will have to make. Invest to stay running with this class, jump up to the next class, or find another organization to pull with that's rules meet their preferences better. This rule will eventually lead to a diminished count down the road. The next thing the cut tires are going to lead to will be the bigger charger and or pump at some point. I don't believe the direction of PPL is to make them like the Pro-Farm class. I believe the direction is to keep them safe, and keep people interested in building these tractors, so that people that are wanting to pull with an organization like the Nebreaska Bush can have that affordable opportunity. I think we are walking a fine line on what exactly the class is about and what direction it needs to go. I think there are a few pullers in this class that really need to take a hard look at what their intentions and goals are over the next few years. They may be the ones that need to begin looking into taking the step up to a another class, rather then trying to make the entire class step up their game to keep up with their desires to go faster. From a promoter stand point, the class is on the verge of pricing themselves out of the market as they are starting to compete with the more expensive super farms, 466 limited pros and other more expensive classes for payout. In my opinion the class needs to stay safe and eliminate the cut tire rule. Keep the tractors as close to a stock appearing tractor as possible. Keep them looking just like they are right now. They average double digits night in and night out. By doing this it will keep people interested in the class as well a building these units which will keep the class growing. The ones that want to go faster, need to simply put a plan together to take the next step up. That is what this class is intended for. Give people the opportunity to get into pulling with the goal to progress in the sport over the years. Don't price your product out of the market,by trying to make it look to much like everyone else. It's a good class that has it's place in pulling. Keep it there!

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 19, 2016 04:05AM
You make are very valid point "Puller Watch Dog", some of those pullers need to just make the jump up to a different class instead of trying to change the rules of the 3000 rpm class. Another thing that the Nebraska Bush 3000 rpm class needs to be careful of is that they are very very proud of the fact that they have 10-14 tractors on a consistent basis, and this is their main bargaining chip. The thing they need to realize is that 4-5 of those tractors are cross over tractors from Northeast or WCIP. If they continue to change the rules they will lose those tractors and all of a sudden you are down to 5-8 tractors. And like you said before some of the consistent Nebraska Bush pullers will get fed up with all the rule changes and not what to spend the money and will leave as well. Walking a very fine line!!!!!

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 19, 2016 05:06AM
Watch Dog, I couldn't have said it any better myself. The line, as you described, is very fine, and the class can easily find itself past the point of no return if it's not quickly held in check. There have always been other classes that individuals can jump up to, the need & desire to continue to change & modify an already established class is unnecessary

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 19, 2016 07:27AM
Same problem we just had on the eastern side of Iowa in our 11500 too hot to farm.They thought it would be easier to police cut tires instead of non cuts. Several of us are heading to Wisconsin to pull, it will be a relief not having to chase points this summer.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 20, 2016 03:51AM
From what I've been told, it was talked about and as a group the Bush 3000 guys agreed that going to 3200rpm and cut tires will help split that group from the Northeast/WCIP guys for promotor value. I do not know the exact cost to a promoter to have the Bush 3000 class vs a northeast or wcip 3000 class, but I am willing to bet that it costs a fair amount more. So by having a few more rpm and cut tires it wont appear like that same class (that a fan can go to any brush pull and see) for a lot less money. I am not sure that there is 4-5 cross over tractors from Northeast anymore, because Northeast was not allowing P pumps, the few guys that still tried to pull with both groups were being placed in the hot farm class when they would go hook with Northeast, so it was my understanding that this wasn't happening very much anymore. Northeast and WCIP want to blame the P pumps for the gap in bush vs their tractors (top tractors vs top tractors) when in reality the difference comes from $ spent, from parts to dyno time. It was/is a fear that with the changes they could be down a tractor or two, but time will tell. The rule for tires also states that they are "Optional" no one is saying that you have to go out and buy cut tires, the argument has been made that the tractors don't have enough HP to spin a cut tire, in that case, don't buy them wait and see how it works..... Few things in life stays true not matter what things change, you can be for it or against it, and you can't please everyone. The Bush guys want to be a step above the other 3000 tractors in the area, have at it I say

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 20, 2016 05:58AM
At the end of the day, if a WCIA or Ne Neb tractor has the safety equipment, turn the RPMs up and go pull. The cut tires are not a requirement. The rest of the rules are the same other than the P Pumps for the Bush boys. The amount of money spent or hours of dyno time logged do not completely determine how far that tractor is going to go. Sure it helps, no doubt and MOST of the Bush tractors are tough. Makes it that much sweeter when one of the lowly Ne Wc or GP guys comes in and wins. Smiling

The whole problem is the continued skewing of Tractor pulling. In my opinion if these organizations had similar rules you would get more tractors, more places to hook, more opportunity and exposure for the sport.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 20, 2016 10:02AM
The recent changes to the bush 3000rpm are:
3200 rpm limit
8200lb weight
20.8x38 cut tires OPTIONAL
We are still keeping the class entry level..this way every one will have access to the same quality of tires. No one is saying you need to spend 9k on new wheels and tires...Hawthorne will cut any tires for 1500 or less...Also with the northeast adding a class with the same rules both groups will benefit from more hooks.

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 23, 2016 01:49PM
say when is the northeast Nebraska pullers rules meeting or banquit usualy in jan

Re: Nebraska Bush 3000 RPM class rules changes December 23, 2016 05:17PM
We had our rules meeting back on December 4th. The banquet is on Feb 11

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,992, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009