When Pulling Was Fun December 19, 2016 12:08PM
On this cold December night as I sit here reading PULLOFF.and wondering what has happened to the sport I grew up loving. There are rumors of people going broke, the whole light limited super stock thing I quit reading,3000 rpm issues of all kinds, cut tires, no cut tires and on and on. I have to ask myself is anyone having fun? My 2 cents that there is way to many classes anymore, and can the fan really tell the difference anymore? It seems that a lot of pullers want to go faster and bigger, but instead of jumping up a class" let's just change the rules for our class"or make a new one attitude. I look at different groups I would "hire" to put a pull on then look at the classes offered and tractors or trucks in each and just sit back and think WTF. Well they have 4 tractor classes, a "farm class" that is no pace stock core pump 2.4 turbo all safety equipment with maybe 5 tractors, a 2 hot 2 farm which is p pump ? turbo ? cut or un-cut tires depending what side of the river you're from 18mph pace not so much on safety equipment 8 to 18 tractors and both 3000 rpm. A 3000 pro farm class and a light pro farm open farm class. With maybe 4 to 6 tractors each.

So what do we have? A punch of classes with small numbers that all pretty much look a like running against 3 dedicated pullers for points. Maybe we should just give out participation trophies to everyone so we all feel good.

People stop making classes!!!! Pull where you belong!!!! This sport is getting out of hand!!!!!!! And one of my biggest gripes who has done the research to prove that 3000rpm is the magical rpm number for safety equipment????? I'm tired of hearing my 2 hot 2 farm tractor with a p pump and 3x4 turbo is safe because I only run 3000 rpm." That's what the insurance says." Could someone PLEASE post a copy of the insurance policy that says that.

Some some thoughts on a cold winters night!!!!

Re: When Pulling Was Fun December 19, 2016 12:34PM
It seems Pulling has become a very expensive sport.There is NO entry level classes anymore. Technology and the people that are willing to pay for it has driven the price of pulling up. Many years ago a person could visit a auto wrecking yard and buy 2 or 3 used engine and put them in front of an older ag chassis and go pulling and win !!! Those days are long gone, welcome to TECHNOLOGY and MONEY. Pulling is still fun, but it just costs a whole lot more than it use to.

Re: When Pulling Was Fun December 19, 2016 01:22PM
You guys couldn't have made it any clearer just about all classes get started with good intentions and always gets ruined by just a few people .When a rule gets changed it always starts a chain reaction whether its a recast head or diesels needs a bigger turbo it never stops and then one thing leads to another until every ones gone that's why we have so many classes

Re: When Pulling Was Fun December 19, 2016 01:35PM
When have you ever seen a 2.4 class with only maybe 5 tractors? And yes we do have fun

Re: When Pulling Was Fun December 20, 2016 04:09AM
Right on to the top 3 posters !!! Way too many classes for a novice or a seasoned fan to keep track of. Here in the East a Pro-farm class was put together as a new beginner class. Wow has that become a high dollar class too. I think here if you can buy/build a Super Farm without a cage that 's what you have do to run in the stock class to be competitive. Too bad.

Re: When Pulling Was Fun December 20, 2016 09:27AM
Now Dougie Gr lets get a grip.

Re: When Pulling Was Fun December 20, 2016 01:19PM
Janie,
You have no idea how little of the 'big money' in pulling is from farming or even ag. Most of the farmers that pull are also supplementing their income with other business ventures making them entrepreneurs not 'fat bellies pos farmers'

Now for the topic at hand; pulling isn't what it was (not growing) because of cost....period...

Merry Christmas
Wade kessenich
Kessenich Farms LLC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2016 01:25PM by Dairy blend.

Re: When Pulling Was Fun December 20, 2016 03:28PM
janie, We all have a right to our opinion, but consider this.I bet you would be amazed at how many pulling contestants there are that drive competition pulling vehicles that do not farm at all. I would bet that there are more non-farming contestants than those who do farm. Those who do not farm might have business's that invest money in this sport and are agriculture related , may it be trucking firms, seed companies, implement dealerships, etc. I know of dentist's, insurance agents, people owning retail business that sell fertilizer and chemical equipment and the list goes on. These non-farming contestants compete at every level from entry level to the highest level of competition there is. These people are honest, hardworking individuals that provide pulling fans with many hours of entertainment at a huge expense and sacrifice. Yes, there are farmers in this mix too, but not as many as you might think. Do you go to tractor pulls? If you do , the next time you go, walk through the pits and visit with these folks and ask them what they do for a living, you might be amazed. Oh and in case you were wondering, I'm not a puller but still love the sport! My two cents

Re: When Pulling Was Fun December 21, 2016 01:42AM
My question is if its not fun then why are you doing it? Sure it cost a lot more then it used to, but what doesn't? I believe pulling is fun no matter what level it is done at. I understand that it may have been more fun back in the day for some folks, but for those of us that weren't around back then have fun doing it now. Otherwise why have a page like pull-off to discuss how good it was back then. I guess its all in the eyes of the beer holder.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,929, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM