Tire curious December 22, 2016 03:59PM
I'm just a little curious what some of the old timers think of the new tires we are running. And how did we progress through the days of big lugs to the single v to the double and triple cuts. I just really an curious how we got from where we are to now in the tire would. Would love to hear thoughts from tire cutters /builders and pullers?

Re: Tire curious December 23, 2016 02:11AM
My answer would be the endless pursuit of good traction combined with the least dirt disturbance.

Re: Tire curious December 23, 2016 03:22PM
I think that a vintage tractor show is a great place for original tractor tires.

At a tractor pull, people want to see modifications that make tractors perform better than the tractors that are on their own farm. Tires are part of that modification process.

Re: Tire curious December 24, 2016 02:04AM
Sled technology (drop pan) and more and more engine HP with higher tire speeds made old tall lug tires obsolete.

Re: Tire curious December 29, 2016 12:51PM
is anybody using the new pro puller tires yet

Re: Tire curious December 29, 2016 01:59PM
We have dozens of puller's names that we can give you.

There will be plenty of the Pro Pullers running at Gordyville next week and there will be tires on display as well.

Call these cutters; Taylor VanBeek, Todd Fluegal, Gary Behrends, Frank Broughten and Mark Hawthorne. They have all received tires within the last week and can give you a good cutter's opinion.

Let us know if we can help.

Thanks for your interest!

Bruce

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,811, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro