Aftermarket intakes December 29, 2016 02:37PM
Which builder makes the best intake for 466 Limited pro,hot farm,Super Farm. Ive looked in the builders section and only found one example.

Re: Aftermarket intakes December 30, 2016 01:16PM
A lot can go into an intake without much gain when talking about limited classes. We offer one that I'd be glad to send you pictures of if interested. We built ours because durability of the stock intakes was starting to become an issue. It all comes down to personal preference on style and look. You can call or text with any questions. Thanks Josh miley 812-779-6385

Re: Aftermarket intakes December 31, 2016 01:19AM
from what we've been told, on the dyno there is not enuff difference to really merit an aftermarket intake. this is true especially of an IH on the exhaust side. the stock exhaust manifold is as good as almost all fabricated manifolds. On the intake side, the dual feed dozer intake is best, but they are hard to find. if I was building another one, I would run the dozer intake with a good sized spacer. this setup would be loads cheaper and probably just as good as a high dollar intake header.

Re: Aftermarket intakes December 31, 2016 02:00AM
If only it was that simple.... Only the engine builder will know what the best intake is for a particular setup. There is no such thing as a blanket best intake.

Re: Aftermarket intakes December 31, 2016 03:12AM
I'm just telling you what some respected dyno guys have told me over the years. Most of this comes from a guy who has dynoed thousands of tractors. He's seen more set-ups than most of us can imagine, he sees the numbers. i'm just lucky enough to be able to pick his brain from time to time. big money does not always equal big power

Re: Aftermarket intakes December 31, 2016 03:20AM
Not so new is correct the dozer intake is ur best money spent on a IH.
The 307 truck intake works good as well just as long as ur boost isnt to high.

Re: Aftermarket intakes December 31, 2016 06:58AM
Dozer manifolds work, no question about it and if you are unsure what your engine needs then no sense in spending a bunch on an aftermarket

Re: Aftermarket intakes December 31, 2016 11:22AM
Thanks so much for the advice and input.

Re: Aftermarket intakes October 30, 2017 03:25PM
Does anyone have a photo of plumbing a dozer intake dual fed

Re: Aftermarket intakes October 31, 2017 02:39PM
What's the part ih number for the dozer intake?

Re: Aftermarket intakes October 31, 2017 02:58PM
If you will give some thought on something like a header or stock manifold on a turbo charged engine theres very little difference if your making say 60 pounds of boost that means there is at least 60 pounds of backpressure on your exhuast so nothing is free flowing like it would be on a naturally aspirated engine on the intake.Llike not so new says is the same difference on a dyno but sometimes a larger plenttum helps when the load goes and comes as the load hits a little larger is a reserve that a Dyno wont show just like a 5 gallon air compressor and a 7

Re: Aftermarket intakes November 20, 2017 06:03AM
Guys running the dual feed dozer intakes do you open both holes up to 3in or leave them like they are from factory?

Re: Aftermarket intakes November 21, 2017 02:03PM
Atlas tractor has a recast of the 307 intake. It's o-ringed, flanged on the inlet, and thicker to take the pressure. Really reasonable price too.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,794, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,948.

Our newest member CBeard