Header wrap January 07, 2017 09:45AM
What is the benefit of wrapping your header pipe plus what is the best wrap to use. Sorry I put this on for sale page. Thanks

Re: Header wrap January 08, 2017 05:31AM
following

Re: Header wrap January 09, 2017 01:34AM
I doubt there is much performance improvement, if any. However, I can definitely feel a difference in the heat on the sheet metal without the header wrap. But I do not care for the looks or the fiberglass getting in my skin. No wrap for me. Personal opinion.

Re: Header wrap January 09, 2017 05:19AM
What about the difference between ceramic coating and wrap? Price would be higher on coating but is it worth it?

Re: Header wrap January 09, 2017 11:19AM
I used a wrap from Jegs. I noticed a small difference in turbo staying lit and held the heat in for longer after the run. Makes me think that it's helping keep the charger lit anyhow.

Re: Header wrap January 09, 2017 12:38PM
Heat is one of the things that turns a turbo that's why a cast ex manifold works good .I would like to hear results from someone who has dynode a engine with the big high dollar header and with the stock manifold because ive had the stock manifolds and switch to headers on a couple different engines and the only noticeable difference was the sound.My thoughts and theyre probably wrong is if your making say 60 pounds of boost on the intake your making close to that much or more on the exhaust so with the 60 pounds of back pressure how could a header help its not free flowing. I can se how it could help a naturally aspirated engine eliminating the back pressure someone explain there views

Re: Header wrap January 09, 2017 01:07PM
I have used the wrap from jegs and like it.

Re: Header wrap January 09, 2017 03:53PM
Use the titanium wrap. It isn't near as itchy and works better all around.

DEI Titanium Wrap

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009