What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 07, 2017 02:03PM
I really wanted to see the LSS Diesel class but we had to leave. It was already 5:30 and they still had 2 1/2 classes to go.

Out of curiosity, what time did the Saturday night session begin (and end).

Re: What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 08, 2017 12:51AM
That was the worst gordyville show ever, definitely going to take some fixing before going back!

Re: What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 08, 2017 09:35AM
Show has got to get over sooner. Lots of smoke tube repairs. Maybe less tractors next year?

Re: What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 08, 2017 10:55AM
ihfan
Show has got to get over sooner. Lots of smoke tube repairs. Maybe less tractors next year?

No no no,......they need to do a Le Mans type of event ,.....3 days straight Grinning

Hager can do it no problem,....I followed him up to Quebec a few times in that same time spanEye Popping

Re: What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 09, 2017 11:37AM
ihfan

They're adding a Thursday afternoon session for next year. Problem solved.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 10, 2017 04:25PM
Doesnt it make more sense to get another roller and roll the starting line as soon as sled leaves so that when sled comes back to start line they can go ahead and hook next tractor to sled and be ready to go. Instead they were having one roller and two scraper tractors working track and that one roller have to do it all. I think another rolled speed up getting next tractor hooked to sled and ready to go. Wasteing 2-4 mins every tractor makes be difference over a session

Re: What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 10, 2017 04:34PM
Track crew
Doesnt it make more sense to get another roller and roll the starting line as soon as sled leaves so that when sled comes back to start line they can go ahead and hook next tractor to sled and be ready to go. Instead they were having one roller and two scraper tractors working track and that one roller have to do it all. I think another rolled speed up getting next tractor hooked to sled and ready to go. Wasteing 2-4 mins every tractor makes be difference over a session

Yes that might make more sense and since that is your idea. I am sure that you would help pay for that additional roller and volunteer to run it.

Re: What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 10, 2017 05:27AM
The number of entries per year is inconsistent so it is hard to tell what you have to work with time wise especially when sled or tube repairs need to be done. It was late but without knowing the exact number of entries a year in advance You cant plan for it. a Thursday noon sessin will help but what if numbers are down again then everyone will complain about a short show!

Re: What time did Sat afternoon session get done @ Gordyville? January 10, 2017 11:11AM
The Original Michael
I really wanted to see the LSS Diesel class but we had to leave. It was already 5:30 and they still had 2 1/2 classes to go.

Out of curiosity, what time did the Saturday night session begin (and end).

Saturday afternoon session ended around 7:15. Several tractors wouldn't lite. Only 3 tractors made it past 200', and they found the box was loaded mighty heavy for their light tractors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520