Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 07:44AM
Saturday morning when I got to gordyville, I went and bought a shirt right away before they sold out. I went to the bathroom and walked around for around 10 minutes later that afternoon and when I came back to my blanket that was taped down, the shirt in its bag had been taken from my seats and no one around me knew what happened. I am just beside myself that someone wouldnt do the right thing and leave other peoples belongings alone. Its not really the money that bothers me, usually people who are involved in pulling are very respectable. This just disappoints me that someone would actually do this, not to mention that I am now missing a gordyville shirt in my collection. Just a thought I had that needed to be aired.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 08:27AM
I think that putting your blanket down to hold your seat is a bunch of bs and should not be allowed. Move your feet lose your seat.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 08:53AM
Theres nothing wrong with keeping your spot....How long has it worked at Bowling green?? And furthermore, even if its not respected, the blanket and shirt were gone, not just pushed aside...The karma train does run 24/7/365...........And it rarely misses its stops

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 09:02AM
I didn't say taking the shirt was ok but how many times at gordyville have you seen where there is a blanket down at the best spots and nobody sitting there it's general admission so you should not get to save the best spots

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 11:10AM
In my opinion what happened to gordyville ? What a joke this year, feel bad for the fans and competition,

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 09:31PM
It's sad to say but its 2017 and just a statement of the times PEOPLE steal stuff. As for putting blankets down to save your seats so you can walk the pits this needs to be addressed by the Winternationals crew. If you want a good seat in GA seating stay in your seat as for your shirt getting taken you got what you deserved for being to lazy to carry it with you.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 09:35AM
Let me clarify, the shirt was gone and the blanket was still there. We did not tape the blanket down ahead of time, just did it when we got there so that it would stay put with all of the people walking around. The only part we left for Saturday is when they cleared the building out plus there was plenty of seats for everyone where I was sitting

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 12:13PM
THERE ARE NO RESERVED SEATS-IT IS GENERAL ADMISSION PERIOD.......Clint clears the place between sessions so all the blankets should be cleared also. If you want a reserve seat------buy a track side box or help drag the smoke tube.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 03:05PM
Its okay ds360, I understand what you are saying and I agree with you. People need to have respect and leave other people's stuff alone. You have to excuse some folks....they aren't that bright and certain things like this go over there head.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 09, 2017 04:18PM
I wouldn't of stole your shirts but I would of gracefully tossed your blanket.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 12:37AM
Maybe they should just charge everyone $40 at the door and let people stay in the building in between sessions. You want a good seat then get your butt out of bed and get there at 10:00 like a lot of those people did. I went to the show all day and night Friday. When we left I took my stuff with me. Got up and was back there at 10:00 Saturday morning to get a seat. So you guys think that just because you show up at 8:00 on Saturday night I'm supposed to give you my seat when I have already paid for the session and need to go outside and wait to get back in? You must think you deserve a trophy for last place to!

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 12:54AM
While I understand the theory behind those who disagree with "taping a blanket" to save the seat, think about it this way:

You get up to take a leak, come back and your seat is now occupied by someone else. How's that gonna make you feel?

Time for G-Ville to grow up and sell the seat so they are all assigned, like most well run events. Takes the argument away when you are the seat ticket holder.....

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 02:01AM
how many local and state fairs have reserved seating in the bleachers? unless you are a loner? usually would be at least a couple in your group? so when you go for beer and a piss? buddy can hold your seat? take your pick? watch the show or walk the pits! now flame away!

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 02:27AM
ridiculous
Time for G-Ville to grow up and sell the seat so they are all assigned, like most well run events.

Other than Louisville I've never been to a show that had "assigned" seats. At most there was a section that was reserved, but no seats within that section.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 05:26AM
Hmm.....Louisville, Bowling Green, Keystone nationals.............all assigned.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 05:29AM
ridiculous
Hmm.....Louisville, Bowling Green, Keystone nationals.............all assigned.

I've only sat on the North side at Bowling Green and they're not assigned there, and haven't been to Keystone.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 12:08PM
........."I've only sat on the North side at Bowling Green and they're not assigned there, and haven't been to Keystone."

Hey ParkerFly, when was the last time you went to BG.......North side has been purchase/assigned seating for beyond 10 years now.....I have 25 seats there, and damn glad they went that route.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 05:30AM
Without Klint physical owning the bleachers assigned seating is difficult. That venue was never set up for that. As far as saving seats, when I was there it was hard to find a seat without a blanket on and no one would sit there for hours Till the class they were in or wanting to watch came up. I don't think saving seats without a person being here should be aloud its first come first serve. and p.s. the shirt deal, carry it with you its common sense!

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 07:55AM
I go to pulls all summer long and find places where people put blankets down. So what! Go sit somewhere else or get to the pull a little earlier, simple fix! I bet 90% of the people complaining are ones that show up 15 minutes before a pull is to start and expect to get a premium seat, I see it all the time!!

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 05:52AM
Assigned seating = increased labor needs to assign spots by section, aisle, etc = increased ticket costs. Beyond that, who's going to police the seating when someone ends up in your seat and doesn't want to get up? More labor for security personnel to patrol such things.

I have gone to many pulls and gotten up from a general seating assignment knowing---knowing it may not be open when I get back. It's the nature of the beast.

So there's the rub on this situation: how much would you want to pay for an assigned spot at a pull like Gordyville? I'm thinking the minimum buy-in for an assigned spot is going to be an extra $5 per ticket and thats conservative. Having seen how busy that crew is, I'm not willing to assign them any more work than they already have without some sort of premium for the extra effort.

In the end you have to be responsible for your own stuff. We like to think that the pulling crowd is a good group through and through. There are however knuckleheads in this crowd too and it only takes one to do it.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 07:31AM
I've been to outdoor pulls where people leave blankets and all their stuff from day to night sessions without an issue. There was 3 hrs. in between sessions. Went to Keystone when it was general admission with no issues. Always told people next to us we would be back. I've not been back to Keystone since they went to reserved seats. If a blanket is on a seat I just go find another one what's the big deal. The ones that throw of the blanket and or steal the shirts are probably the same ones that jump ahead of you in the food line or re admittance line. You know the ones.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 10, 2017 07:23AM
As mentioned before, I got my ass up out of bed early to get those seats. It is no where stated that you can or cannot save seats. So just because it is not clarified I should not do it?It has been the norm at gordyville to put a blanket down since this pull began, and like I already mentioned, there were 3 rows of seats open ahead of me, THE BLANKET WAS PUT DOWN FOR COMFORT ONLY. To say that I should lose my seat simply for going to the bathroom is ridiculous. I saw you at the pull, your seats were saved as well when you went to the bathroom, so your guilty of the same thing! Have a nice day.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 11, 2017 12:54AM
I think next year I am going to get there early on Thursday and bring 100 blankets and 20 rolls of duct tape {the good stuff} and cover the bleachers on both sides at about 200 ft. maybe 4 rows up. Then I will get maybe 10 of the biggest, meanest and ugliest guys I know for bouncers and I will sell admission to these seats I have SAVED. Let's see--6 sessions next year---4 people per blanket = 2400 x $5 per seat = $12000-----BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just thought of something--If I only put 3 people on some of the blankets and call that first class and charge $10 a seat I can make even more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 11, 2017 04:06AM
See....look at the opportunity this discussion has afforded you! Good job!

Soon enough you will be independently wealthy.

You're making America great again!!

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 11, 2017 05:51AM
THANK-YOU----Just call me Donald T Jr.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 11, 2017 03:27PM
I really cant believe there hasnt been several knock down brawls over this blanket deal sounds pretty cut and dry tome. Somebody shows up two-3hrs before pull tapes a blanket down on Thursday night and has a 240ft seat all weekend good deal. Im guessing more than likely its probably the same ASS CLOWN that parks in the pits 20ft behind the haulers all summer long.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 11, 2017 11:54AM
Blankets are BS and although it is sad that people take @#$%&, its the way it is.. i buy parts there every year and I either take them to the truck or ask the vendor to let them sit there till i leave.. And every year when i need to get up just ask your neighbor to save urseat. people are very nice 99% of the time. i have made more friends talking in the stands then anywhere at a pull specily Gordyville..

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 11, 2017 01:11PM
My 2 cents:

1st time to Gordyville, absolutely unreal, never seen so many hooks per the cost I paid to get in, bang for the buck for sure. But here's my list

1. Saving your bleacher seat, ehh not sure but it does make seating difficult to say the least HOWEVER I also was able to sit down in the VIP Box for a session and I LOVED IT. If given the opportunity to buy a seat from the box owner next year I am definitely doing that. And bringing my own lawn chair.

2. Smoke tube: Obviously there was some issues but for the number of hooks for the weekend I think it was "acceptable"

3. The sessions themselves, somehow some way they MUST find a way to finish by midnight. It is absolutely ridiculous one of our pullers who WON 2 classes didn't get to finish his Finals class Saturday night to a crowed house because it was after 2am before they got to finish. And any other class that had to pull after midnight when more than 2/3rds of the attendance had left for the night. At 11:30-Midnight you see the crowd start heading for the doors. Just look at any of the video taken after midnight, bleachers are virtually empty. That's an injustice to the pullers who are there.

4. The track crew MAD HUGE BIG PROPS! Holy Crap they bust some ass to keep things moving, any group putting on a pull could do themselves a favor and watch this group kickass to keep the show moving. Hook Girl was a hoot, got to chit chat with her when I sat in the VIP box, that girl did virtually every hook all weekend I think and she brought cookies for the fans sitting along the VIP row.

5. I WILL go again, absolutely.

red712

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 12, 2017 02:40PM
In 2015 at the Keystone Nationals we had 2 fist fights while folks were standing in lines between the Saturday shows. We had some mechanical breakage that ran us late for the morning show and folks just got impatient, butting in line, etc. Beginning in 2016 we made all the stadium style seating reserved and the floor seating at track level remained General Admission. This pretty much solved all problems with folks getting a little warm about having to run in and get a stadium seat. Some have asked about the floor seating to be reserved as well but I/we are not going to go through and number over 2,100 metal chair and bleacher spots. The setup at Gordyville is the same as our General Admission bleacher seating and you would have extensive time numbering everything and then policing it. It can be done but I can assure you the cost of the tickets would probably rise substantially. We were fortunate that our stadium seating was already lettered and numbered. I don't care what time you get to the event, if we see a blanket, rope, etc in General Admission seating prior to the doors opening to the public it is removed. We try to keep an eye on this stuff but sometimes we miss a couple spots and believe me, the folks let us know we missed it lol. Its a tough spot to be in but spectators hopefully understand that we have a lot of other situations to worry about putting on a indoor event and co-operation on your part is greatly appreciated. I will say we have removed a lot of blankets, cushions, tape, etc.over the previous 9 years at the Keystone Nationals trying to be fair to everyone.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 14, 2017 08:52AM
There was a guy at keystone who looked like Ronald McDonald telling people they couldn't put blankets on the seats.

Re: Disapointed in pulling fans: Gordyville January 14, 2017 08:55AM
The cheeseburgler stole my blanket!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,725, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,912.

Our newest member JD_8520