NFMS Hotels January 10, 2017 10:23AM
Looking at hotels for the National Farm Machinery show. The stuff downtown is relatively cheaper than the expo area. What is the traffic usually like to get to the show in the mornings? This is my first time down so looking for some advice. Thanks!!

Re: NFMS Hotels January 10, 2017 12:35PM
I've always stayed on the east side of town 15 - 20 minute drive. Never really had any problems with traffic. Louisville really isn't to bad of a traffic town to get around in

Re: NFMS Hotels January 10, 2017 01:43PM
Thanks!!

Like in the Hurstbourne area??

Re: NFMS Hotels January 11, 2017 03:16AM
Traffic going into the expo center is always bad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 03:16AM by farmallh.

Re: NFMS Hotels January 11, 2017 08:37AM
We've stayed in downtown Louisville for 10 years now and usually get to the show around 9am. There is always traffic going into the show although it usually takes about 15 min to get in the gate and parked at the most. It's not bad at all and traffic is constantly moving.

Re: NFMS Hotels January 12, 2017 01:12AM
When we go to Louisville for the Street Rod Nationals we stay at the Galt House downtown. Wanting to say a cab ride is around $17. For NFMS we camp at the fairgrounds.

Re: NFMS Hotels January 12, 2017 02:18AM
We used to do the hotels across the stree (executive, Spring Hill, etc.) but they got too expensive. Checkout VRBO, can rent a nice house very close for cheaper!

Re: NFMS Hotels January 12, 2017 06:43AM
While we are on the topic of hotels, I noticed one interesting person on the for sale page has a hotel room for sale. Now I may not be in the knowing of alot of things but how in the world does a person sell a hotel room if they don't own the hotel? Just curious how that works?

Re: NFMS Hotels January 12, 2017 06:56AM
I also saw the post of the hotel room for sale. Interesting to say the least. Why not just cancel the room because then it wouldn't look like they were looking to make some extra money scamming someone. Weird

Re: NFMS Hotels January 12, 2017 07:00AM
Prolly too late to cancel without paying or paying some fee.

Re: NFMS Hotels January 12, 2017 07:01AM
If you cancel the room you cant save it for next year. Get your heads outta your a$$es

Re: NFMS Hotels January 12, 2017 03:06PM
Not true
I have a room there for the whole show this year. They said I could cancel up to week of. And as for booking room there they don't hold rooms

Re: NFMS Hotels January 13, 2017 02:53AM
Some hotels and most of the travel sites like Expedia use rates that are pre-paid; non-cancelable and non-refundable. These rates are typically a few bucks cheaper than the reservations that you can change. I can't vouch for these exact people but it is entirely possible that they pre-paid for a block of rooms and somebody backed out on them. Therefore they have a room that they have already paid for that they are trying to 'sell' to somebody else. It is really no different if you had a couple of tickets to the pulls that that you are trying to sell in Broadbent during the day.

Re: NFMS Hotels January 13, 2017 09:49AM
I went to the NFMS for the first time in 2015.
I stayed at the Econo Lodge on South 2nd Street and the only "problem" I had was coming in traffic at exit 131B if I remember correctly.
After the show I did not have any problems to get quick to my hotel, because I stayed a bit longer to do some talking.

I thought it was very do-able.

Re: NFMS Hotels January 13, 2017 12:21PM
To avoid a lot of traffic getting into the expo center, come in Gate 6 off of Preston Highway. Usually no traffic. But this will require you to park in the back lot, North side of Freedom Hall. Or you can complete the loop to get back out front.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,999, Members: 3,341.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,073.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009