Region 2 Light Pro January 26, 2017 01:51PM
Just curious for this season - any new hooks? New tractors? Any good gossip? Just kidding not trying to start drama!

Re: Region 2 Light Pro January 30, 2017 01:41AM
Hoping to see a MF with the 8.4L Sisu in it and a classic 1150 with the V8 Perkins. More blue, orange and silver would be nice too.Thumbs Up

Re: Region 2 Light Pro January 30, 2017 11:18AM
It appears that region 3 light pros will have only 2 hooks again to qualify for Enderle..... June 10 Ellsworth Wi and Sept 2 Marshfield Wi

Re: Region 2 Light Pro January 31, 2017 01:40AM
If the Light Pro class grows in WI it has a shot at becoming a national class sooner, rather than later. I know of at least one prominent puller from the state of WI that wants to build a Light Pro, but is waiting to see if Light Pro becomes a national class.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro January 31, 2017 06:59AM
In order for the class to become a national class there has to be willingness to travel and has yet to be demonstrated. Region 2 guys had this opportunity last year and no one took the bait so I feel it's one of two things-the desire to travel is not there or the desire to grow the class beyond region is not there.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro January 31, 2017 08:23AM
I think the class is still too young in it's existence to draw the conclusion that people won't travel if it was to become a grand national class. Guys from Wisconsin will travel and already have in the previous years.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro February 01, 2017 04:51AM
Just because someone from region 2 didn't attend your events doesn't prove non " willingness to travel". Sorry you feel that way, but maybe with all the events, that class has in it's own region, the puller's have enough "willingness to travel" supporting the events they chose to attend.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro February 01, 2017 01:00PM
My point is the opportunity is there....... Region 3 had 2 hooks to qualify for Enderle. Making the class GN would put it on a "bigger stage" and to me the biggest stage would be Enderle (it happened in region 3 minis..... Had tractors from California see an opportunity to qualify not chasing a full schedule with only some travel required). Take it however you want to interpret it....... I know both events would welcome anyone who would choose to participate but neither of these events are going to die if no one shows. It's just like starting a new class with any organization the first couple years live and die by the support-everybody says there are 12+ for a class then only 2-4 show up....... You need numbers and support to back up what you are asking to be done. I don't see the willingness to travel from that area-is it because they have 30 hooks and are traveling all the time? Probably is but the fact is someone needs to take the lead as I know several from wi have traveled that direction looking for different competition.........

Re: Region 2 Light Pro! Doug Borth February 02, 2017 12:50AM
Doug Borth
In order for the class to become a national class there has to be willingness to travel and has yet to be demonstrated. Region 2 guys had this opportunity last year and no one took the bait so I feel it's one of two things-the desire to travel is not there or the desire to grow the class beyond region is not there.

Willingness to travel? Surely you aren't serious. For the R2 guys alone a GN schedule would be less time consuming, less money in fuel, and less hooks on your machine. Ahhhhhh, but here comes the if........ IF NTPA doesn't allow it to be overbooked as they have on R2. Seems to me that the guys carrying the financial burden of WPI should get a lil bigger slice of the pie. That's a lot of entry fee money going back to Columbus and in to help pay year end points for GN guys. Just sayin!

Re: Region 2 Light Pro! Doug Borth February 02, 2017 12:07PM
Ahahaha. You guys are sooo full of yourselves. With that attitude you will NEVER be a GN class. Seems to me that you don't need a bigger slice of the pie, your already too big for your britches.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro! Doug Borth February 02, 2017 01:51PM
OP
Doug Borth

Willingness to travel? Surely you aren't serious. For the R2 guys alone a GN schedule would be less time consuming, less money in fuel, and less hooks on your machine. Ahhhhhh, but here comes the if........ IF NTPA doesn't allow it to be overbooked as they have on R2. Seems to me that the guys carrying the financial burden of WPI should get a lil bigger slice of the pie. That's a lot of entry fee money going back to Columbus and in to help pay year end points for GN guys. Just sayin!

You just proved my point! IF you wanna run for points as I assume you would 2016 region 3 had 2 hooks to win a region title and a trip to Enderle....... 2 trips to Wisconsin are only 10% of the trips required to chase points in region 2, 90% less hooks required on your machine and way less time and money required to accomplish this goal and with only 2 weekends required to fulfill this desire it leaves approx 14 open weekends to pick and choose where you wanna go pull........ Wouldn't be any different than GN so your "poor me" statement doesn't hold water! My point is until there are people willing to travel to other places than your comfort zone the poses that be are not going to stick there neck out period. PS grow some balls and put your name to your statement!

Re: Region 2 Light Pro! Doug Borth February 02, 2017 02:47PM
So instead of supporting your local pulls for the same amount of money you want people to travel to Wisconsin?...doesn't make sense to me. R2 out travels basically every GN class. 2 region hooks in your area doesn't mean that R2 guys wouldn't travel for a GN light pro class. I bet you could get a full precommit list of 12 in the first season...and for OP. He pulls Light Supers not light pros...he just has a reasonable way of thinking.

Thanks Chip, and Doug paint the complete picture February 03, 2017 01:14AM
Thanks for the kind words Chip. Doug you are not painting the entire picture. Your two hooks up in Wisconsin last year were scheduled right on top of R2 hooks. Boswell and Canton. Boswell was early and we still had a lot of guys in the fields down here finishing up. The other was Canton, Ohio. So maybe given the first one spring planting was going on and making a living was important. The second, guys were already locked in a points battle down here. Again, just because they didn't travel all the way to Wisconsin to make 2 hooks does not show an unwillingness to travel, what it does show; there were conflicting dates and interests. Let's be honest, you like the class and you wish you had the numbers up there as we do down here. Since you don't have the numbers, you were kinda hoping R2 would help out, but they didn't; so now you're all chapped in the arse. You failed to paint the picture in its entirety.

Re: Thanks Chip, and Doug paint the complete picture February 03, 2017 01:40AM
You can twist what I said any way you do choose too..... It's no hair off my ass if you come to Wi or not simply stating a fact that until people from the class are physically moving to different areas of the country to compete NTPA is not going to make this class GN! If they do I will admit I was wrong but I don't see it happening...... Wi has 10 plus tractors in the class and are all very even- we went out on a limb and got two events booked so region 3 had a representative at Enderle. Tomah booked 1 session for 2017 and it's not even a region event thus saying they don't have much faith in people traveling as well? I think AdeeRe hit it on the head....... you guys are so full of yourself it's unreal! By the way.....

Actually they do travel February 03, 2017 02:26AM
A couple for sure, maybe several have gone to R4 and UPOC to compete. Dang facts just keep getting in your way.

Re: Actually they do travel February 03, 2017 01:59PM
5 Ohio tractors were at the NC state fair this past October(Bare Necessities won) like you said OP they do travel...plus I've seen High Gear Harvester and Farmall Fever up in my area in Ohio multiple times(one of the pulls being non sanctioned). The only draw that I could see is if people would only want to have a 2 hook points race for the Enderle...but there are many other factors that go into this. As for you saying that we are full of ourselves...that is so far off it is funny. All I am doing is stating facts and giving my opinions on some things.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro February 12, 2017 02:30AM
Doug Borth
It appears that region 3 light pros will have only 2 hooks again to qualify for Enderle..... June 10 Ellsworth Wi and Sept 2 Marshfield Wi

There will be more.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro January 31, 2017 05:44AM
Birkholtz tractor from Wisconsin runs very good. Some other guys are getting close to him, still fine tuning. Class is starting to grow and is fun to watch

Re: Region 2 Light Pro January 31, 2017 06:10AM
All the tractors in the WTPA light pro class are competitive, there certainly isn't just one standout in the bunch. Anyone can win on any given night.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro January 31, 2017 07:28AM
Completely agree, we had our fair share of luck but there was a lot of different winners this year and with more tractors coming out this year I don't see that trend changing.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro February 01, 2017 01:55PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. The only Wisconsin Light Pro I recall seeing in Region 2 during the past two years has been one puller, Duane Bauer "Beaver Hunter Reloaded". I do appreciate his efforts and he taking time last year to visit with me at LaPorte, Indiana.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro February 01, 2017 02:10PM
We went to Fort Recovery last year, only got to pull once with the rain on friday, had a great experience and getting 4th out of 29 made up for the rain out, planning on going there again this year.
-Collin Birkholz

Re: Region 2 Light Pro February 01, 2017 02:13PM
Collin you beat me to it!

Re: Region 2 Light Pro February 02, 2017 04:59AM
Thanks Collin. I missed that, even in the "results" as that weekend I covered Brandenburg for "the PULLER".
Studying the Fort results, you certainly did yourself well against such a super strong field of R2 Light PS's.
Perhaps we will have the opportunity to cross paths and meet somewhere this year.

Re: Region 2 Light Pro February 02, 2017 07:00AM
Sounds good Dave! Make sure to stop by if we end up at the same place.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009