6.6L Sisu January 26, 2017 03:04PM
Anyone know of any of these engines for sale? How hard are they to find? What is the weight of it compared to a DT466? Thanks!

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 27, 2017 10:46AM
mf 3670, 8140, 8240 had these motors in 12 valve configuration there are newer ones but they are 24 valve

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 27, 2017 02:06PM
Thanks! Any help on any for sale or the specs of the engine?

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 27, 2017 03:16PM
could try rudolph brothers in booneville indiana they keep some bigger salvage masseys

im not that up to speed on the 6.6 specs. Im more familiar with the 7.4 sisu

what is the cubic inch limit of the class you are running?
and what motor are you currently running?

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 28, 2017 04:23AM
Llss, it'll be a 370 alky or 410 with a cooler.

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 28, 2017 10:42AM
at that cubic inch why not use a 1006 perkins? unlike the 354 the 1006 head flows pretty good air

if you go the diesel route i would just bore out the perkins i think it already has a longer stroke than a 6.6 sisu
the crankshafts on both of these engines are not counterwieghted so the high rpm of the alkys may be a problem

if you go alky id go sisu though - wider bore + shorter stroke is better for alky

for diesel id go perkins - the 5 inch stroke plus you can bore it some and add bigger valves.
and the 1006 heads flow good anyway. also the connecting rods are stronger in the perkins
from what ive seen. and its no problem to get a P3000 bolted to the perkins it actually fits better than on the sisu

oh and one more thing.. any stock sisu parts you need are EXTREMELY expensive..think 1000$ for main and rod bearings ( no aftermarket available )

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 29, 2017 06:29AM
There's no comparison between the 6.6 and the 1006. The Sisu rods are way beefier, bigger rod journals, better head, ect. I don't have anything against the 1006, but it's not a comparison at all. I'm pretty sure AGCO painted a White 6125 red and put Massey decals on it, but I don't remember the model number. A 9240 used a 8.3, I believe it was a smaller version of that.

For alcohol, I'd shorten the stroke up in a 6.6 and go for it.

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 29, 2017 10:48AM
i know the sisu journals are larger. the sisu rod could be beefier but im just saying ive yet to have a perkins 6cyl rod break ( knock on wood )
but i have had a 7.4 sisu snap a rod right in the middle. maybe its in the material that the rods are made of
im not sure on that. but the 6 cyl perkins always seem to have good robust connecting rods im not saying they are bigger though

for alcohol i do agree go sisu

but for the 410 intercooler diesel ..give me a 12 port 1006

sfd823 i didnt mean that the perkins was better than the 6.6 sisu but those motors are hard to find used parts for and new
parts are pricey. im just pointing out that at this small of cubic inch a perkins can run with the best of them

and yes it was a 9240 mf that was a repainted white with an 8.3 .. but no massey ever had a 5.9 cummins from factory

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 28, 2017 04:33AM
You could try tipps inc. down in tennesee. They have a lot of Massey parts

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 28, 2017 11:44AM
Just go with the cummins its the chevy Rat engine of the tractors

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 28, 2017 11:48AM
Lewis that's what's I'm trying to get away from! Don't want a Cummins...anyone can make those things run.

Perkins guy: I'm leaning to the alky side. I'll have to look into the parts cost.

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 28, 2017 11:58AM
Under dog, I like that attitude. That is what keeps pulling interesting.

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 28, 2017 12:27PM
good deal underdog im glad you are not wanting to take the easy way out with the cummins

there never was any massey ferguson tractor ever offered with a 5.9 cummins
so i myself am not a fan of 5.9 massey pullers ( just personal opinion of course lol )

i would for sure call and check on parts cost for the sisu if you go that route

as far as a perkins 6cyl on alcohol the prewitts in shelbyville kentucky are bar none the best in the game
you should call them if you would be intrested in running the 354/1006 on alcohol
2016 llss point champs with thier massey i might add

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 29, 2017 01:24AM
Perkins Man just gave you some good advice even if you did decide to go with the sisu I would call them, The perkins would be the cheaper engine to go with and easy to find just don't get caught up in all this head flow stuff the turbo is the limiting factor when the air is getting blowed in with 60 pounds of pressure the heads going to take it whether it wants to or not every brand out there is already running in the class and theres not much difference in any of them ,I no of one top running IH tractor in the class that ive helped a little with that has a dt360 in it that had a head done by GMS that flowed 270 with about 5000.00 spent on it with larger Inconel valves poured with the works that head got full of cracks and had to be junked now the tractor has a lightly polished head with stock valves in it and runs as good if not better than it ever did

Re: 6.6L Sisu January 30, 2017 12:26PM
Why is it easy to make power with a cummins over the other motors? Last i checked lewis wasnt very succesful running a cummins? There is only 2 teams that have cummins motors that run all summer long

Re: 6.6L Sisu February 01, 2017 01:17PM
Well bens you mention it before I sold that tractor I built a completely new engine pulled it once sold it and it was winning pulls enough that a bunch wanted tubs in the olivers and before that it wasn't to bad 3rd place points 3 years in a row that don't sound to bad for a 14 thousand dollar tractor

Re: 6.6L Sisu February 01, 2017 01:22PM
O I forgot now smart A$$ come on

Re: 6.6L Sisu February 01, 2017 10:58PM
Do you ever get tired of preaching about building a low budget tractor? Geez....big deal, you made a piece of scrap go down the track, and it placed.....you think you're the only one that's ever done that? Just because others take pride in the appearance and design of their tractor doesn't mean it cost a damn fortune! And by the way, you're not the only one who is capable of doing their own work at home, so you can layoff that sh!t too!

Kudos to you for building however many different tractors, and being able to sell them. Maybe if you focused all that energy on just one, you would have the top notch runner that looks the part of a high dollar unit, but without the high dollar investment.

Keep on spouting Mr. Lewis, it is entertaining if nothing else!!

Re: 6.6L Sisu February 02, 2017 07:00AM
FUNNY BLA BLA I didn't start anything or even mention anything you must just no me to well and sound like someone I pull with so which name is it Funny or Blah Blah I was just trying to help the guy if you didn't notice just trying to be nice And by the way the tractor I was talking about befor your funny remark was Under the influence not mine if that's what ruffled your feathers does it run good with a stock head could you tell when the head was changed or not if he knew then when he wrote that 5000 dollar check for headwork what he knows now would he do it again ask him at Murfreesburo while your there

Re: 6.6L Sisu February 02, 2017 09:44AM
Lewis it sounds like your piece of scrap has offended some ones pride LoL don't you love it

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,924, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,020.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM