Wisner Thunder by the River- No Prostocks, No Diesel Pickups February 06, 2017 06:39AM
I just heard that Thunder by the river will not have Prostocks or Diesel Pickups. I have attended every year since it started....was always great show, but may consider going elsewhere this year if that is true. I ponder what is going on that some of the venues in and around Nebraska are dropping off the schedule, cutting back classes. The VIP tent always seemed to thin out during the big Pro's and the Diesel 4X4's as the crowd moved to watch the show.....why would you trim those back.
-Western farm show - venue gone
-IA state fair - Venue reconfigured that will prevent event
-Hinton Gone
-Onawa Gone
-Council Bluffs-Westfair - lost to PPL
Makes me wonder who is next.....

Re: Wisner Thunder by the River- No Prostocks, No Diesel Pickups February 06, 2017 07:24AM
When did the outlaws add a pro-stock class? Or do you mean the component limited pro-stock class?

Re: Wisner Thunder by the River- No Prostocks, No Diesel Pickups February 06, 2017 09:05AM
Maybe you've never sat on the board that was promoting a pull and had to make tough decisions? Wisner is still having the 3.0 diesel pick up class just not adding the new 2.5 diesel pickups ,as far as the pro stocks and we will be working hard to try to find a sponsor to keep that class in Wisner, but after talking to members of the Wisner board it is just as much a time constraint thing ,they just get so many vehicles they can't get them done in a timely matter, classes will more than likely role next year and some that are gone this year will be back next year and other ones probably won't be there that is what they are telling me if you have any questions instead of bashing the outlaws or Wisner call A Wisner boardmember because like I said it's more of a time thing than anything and they plan on rotating the classes from year-to-year. As far as the Iowa State fair we are still pulling there this year they are changing the venue and after we take a year off in 2018 for them to rebuild it will be an outlaw Teo day pull starting in 2019 ,the Hinton community lost interest and no longer wanted to have a pull , again you're more than welcome to find a place to pull in the Hinton area and become the promoter and we will be more than happy to put on the pull if you have any other questions my number is on the website

Re: Wisner Thunder by the River- No Prostocks, No Diesel Pickups February 06, 2017 09:26AM
Kemper Arena got sold pretty hard to blame that one on the outlaws , wait until the 2017 schedule comes out and I'm sure you will find new places and all The old venues to go watch great pulling

Re: Wisner Thunder by the River- No Prostocks, No Diesel Pickups February 06, 2017 09:33AM
Wisner hasn't signed a contract yet and we plan on having both of these classes. They are not having the new 2.5 Diesel Truck class. As far as Western Farm Show goes the city was losing money on Kemper Arena and been trying to sell it for years or was going to just lock the doors and abandon it. They got it sold and the new company is putting a floor in between the two levels and having volleyball, tennis courts, etc. on both levels along with offices and weight rooms. The American Royal is trying to get a new building over by the race track and it will be a longer track than Kemper Arena. That is at least a couple years out and then look at it again. The Iowa State Fair is a go this year then they are building a new multi-purpose race track starting after this years fair. There is a chance we will miss a year in 2018 if not finished. Then they want us to have 2 days of pulling and finish by 6 each day as they will have concerts each night in front of the grandstands. Hinton and Onawa we left years ago and Onawa may have someone there now not sure. We had to cut about 10 smaller events last year and Hinton was one of them. Council Bluffs went back to the Thursday during the fair and with us being on a northern Iowa sweep Dubuque worked better for us. Another sweep of ours picked up Corydon, IA and another picked up Macon, MO. Hope to have the complete schedule out soon with the classes at each event.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,958, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,041.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009