Louisville February 17, 2017 08:12AM
Was not able to make it to Louisville this year just curious how it has been so far?

Re: Louisville February 17, 2017 08:46AM
Very impressive!!! And don't let anyone tell you it's not! I've been here since Tuesday and the atmosphere is just so much better than usual! Pulls have been great! And from what I hear there will be more changes in the following years to keep improving and bring the excitement level even higher!

Re: Louisville February 17, 2017 10:22AM
Yes very impressive I'm watching the live stream and they're running at a outdoor pull pace no messing around

Re: Louisville February 17, 2017 11:38AM
Yep livestream is great

Re: Louisville February 17, 2017 12:28PM
Best pulls the last two days and tonight gave us another surprise with the big screen. Big picture of the puller and wheee they are from, plus lots of info. Great job NFMS

Re: Louisville February 17, 2017 12:55PM
Now they just need fix the seats!!!!

Re: Louisville February 18, 2017 12:22AM
nothing wrong with the seats. its just like every other stadium. they sure beat bleachers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louisville seats February 18, 2017 01:53AM
Have to agree with stoneking

Re: Louisville February 19, 2017 10:08AM
The seats are in terrible shape with lots of them having no cushion left. But as long as you aren't over 5'7 or 150 pounds they sit nice after all they just installed the seats 60 years ago so they haven't got their money's worth yet!!!!

Re: Louisville February 19, 2017 10:46AM
I wouldn't go back life and the pull will go on without you.

Re: Louisville February 17, 2017 03:02PM
That's good to hear. Hopefully can make it next year.

Re: Louisville February 17, 2017 04:33PM
Well, all three classes were great tonight, so we've got three sessions in the books for 2017 and all three have been good (and each session has been better than the last). Vaughn Bauer had perfect sled settings tonight, and you had some really great runs.

Brandon Hunt made a monster pass to make the pulloff in the DSS class, Colin Ross hooked last in the class continued to be dominant. I don't know if Hunt's moved a weight back for the pulloff or if the track just changed but they didn't have as smooth of a second pass. Personally I thought Ross might not run back to back to save it for the finals but they hooked up and powered their way to the win shutting down just shy of the sand in an impressive display of dominance and reliability.

The Twd Truck class had women in three of the top five places. But no matter how hard the rest of the class tried, nobody could touch the number one hook of Jimmy Mattingly. The Thor truck just laid down a beautiful run for the win. The track has been much nore consistent this year, and pull order has been much, much less of a factor that it has been in previous years.

The night was capped with an excellent Prostock class. There were two CIH and one Deere in the pulloff (Tim Cain got a DQ for hitting the left hand chalk line but we was going to make it into the sand and Lance Little broke the crank but he still had a few more feet in his run and he would have made the pulloff as well). Hunt's had some damage (maybe a piston or two, hopefully nothing worse than that) so they weren't able to return for the pulloff. The pulloff didn't have the two greatest passes but the Work Horse took home the win much to the delight of Red fans.

So far this show has been really good, fingers crossed, it just keeps getting better and better.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Louisville February 17, 2017 04:58PM
The best three days of pulling at Louisville in a long time. They made lots of good changes this year and like jake said every night has been better. I really liked the changes to the big screen on starting end tonight. Why can't they make all the screens and TV's like that screen. Liked the list of results for top 10 and you always knew who was leading the class and who was pulling. No offense but that solid red and yellow crap on the other screen hurts your eyes and blocks the view. Great job this year by the NFMS for the changes!

Re: Louisville February 18, 2017 05:49AM
Well they finally hit a bump in the road. Diesel pickups really slowing the flow of the week. Even the gas pickup class was smoother. These vehicles are too big to maneuver in the small indoor space and the whole track crew just looks lost on how to handle them. Reset the sled for no reason which didn't help. Give us another class of 4.1s or the light pros!!

Re: Louisville February 18, 2017 06:10AM
I agree with the 4x4 diesels. I'm not a fan of them inside...

That being said, the rest of the show has been fantastic!!
No joke, I think Thursday Night was the best night of pulling I've seen in Louisville in a while! The fair board and pull committee really made some great changes and I hope more are to come!

Re: Louisville February 18, 2017 08:35AM
I think the crowd enjoys the diesel trucks but agree just way too difficult to maneuver them around, slows the show way down. It's time for 2 classes of light supers and add them to the finals! But other than that the show has been top notch this year. Very impressed

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,677, Posts: 229,779, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason