hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 07:47AM
Hootman puts it in the sand and yet it measures short of chizek??????? Maybe he needs a bulldozer next year so he can move the sand pile out of the way!!!!! The measurements was BULLSH!T!!!!!

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 07:58AM
I agree it was obvious on livestream that he went farther no doubt about it

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 08:42AM
It could have been a deal where the sled starting point was different enough to make it seem that way. Either way, oh well, no different than Brent Payne driving out of bounds on thursday and not getting dq'd.

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 01:03PM
FYI... Brent didn't go out of bounds. Had a perfect seat & watched the run. Sled was out, but the tractor was not!

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 09:20AM
Wrong, rear tractor tire thru lime !

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 09:42AM
I had a perfect view of Brent's run from about 25 feet away and I can tell that he did not go over the white line. What happened was the tires where still spinning so fast that they ripped up the dirt from about 2 inches away and that action resulted in the chalk line being disrupted. Not only that but Scott Doty had a perfect view, and I consider Scott one of the very best officials in the sport.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 10:30AM
From my view I could plainly see him slinging chalk in the air. Whether that was caused by dirt next to the chalk line pushing it around or not I don't know. But when he got close I started watching the left tire and chalk was flying.

Re: hootman got screwed February 20, 2017 03:42AM

Hi,
So, you mean to tell me that in the modern era of pulling, with all the technology we have today, that no one bothers to find a "zero" mark for the sled?Confused
It does make it confusing for the fans.
Throw in a few too many beers and some fans will start talking about rigged pulls and cheating track officials and your event gets a bad reputation.Moody
In a related issue, that I see far too often, is when a class is using a floating finish and the flag man starts waving the red flag before the forward movement of the vehicle/sled has stopped. WTF? Angry
And I've seen this at all levels, from the local fundraiser pull all the way up to the NTPA/PPL/Outlaws.
Maybe I don't fully understand the English language, but I thought a floating finish meant you pull it as far as you can and the person who goes the farthest, wins... Winking
I guess it actually means that the point at which the flag man tells you to stop is what "floats" and he gets to decide who wins! Grinning

Later .......

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 08:49AM
Oh wow like this hasn't happened before, they make it read whatever they want

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 11:06AM
So did trailblazer, he clearly backed out of the throttle when the flag man told him to, and no full mark was ever set, Couch had a legitimate pull but was allowed to spin in and "won" by less than 6 in......#robbed

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 11:34AM
Typical Louisville they should set a full pull mark before each class
You can't have a floating finish that's in a pile of sand each front end is different

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 12:57PM
I agree they need to set a full pull before you get to the sand pile, seen many examples over the years of them stoping the tractors and it not being a pull off distance

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 03:22PM
Agreed on Trailblazer. He backed out before the sand pile due to being red flagged. At that point, his distance should have been the full pull mark. Have seen this a number of times before over the past few years.

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 03:28PM
I got a snap chat video of the trailblazers run and he clearly backed out of it. Have no video of anyone else

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 03:38PM
bad laser job
Hootman puts it in the sand and yet it measures short of chizek??????? Maybe he needs a bulldozer next year so he can move the sand pile out of the way!!!!! The measurements was BULLSH!T!!!!!

Yeah and I felt like I got screwed there in 2001 when I drew 2nd and the guy that drew number 1 blew his oil pan at the line. I had to drive through his oil that was not cleaned off the track and when I did that, I went out of bounds. I was told that I had to take the hook even though the number 1 puller broke at the line but yet he was still the "test" puller. I did not complain because I knew it is what it is.

Now if anyone wants to complain about a laser, I would suggest that someone gets out there with a tape measure and string and measure the distance from the back of the sled at the same spot on the sled. And we all know how THAT one would go over.

Re: hootman got screwed February 18, 2017 09:52PM
We have this discussion in some of are Badger State meetings. Did the sled back up in the same spot ? Lazer reset with the sled up or back of spot will make it look at the end of track different distances

Re: hootman got screwed February 20, 2017 04:54AM
As a huge Hootman fan, I am happy to see a Ford get up there and stir the pot with those hard to beat IH's, and that he kept the front wheels under it this year too! lol

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 01:17AM
That happened to me in North Carolina where the sled didn't stop in the same spot when he went back and I fell into someone else holes and was still 5ft short of him. The sled needs to have a 6x6 block to back up against to make it fair for everyone.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 04:22AM
I see what you are saying , but isn't the laser typically shot twice ? Once before the sled moves and once where the sled stops to find the difference? It shouldn't matter where the sled starts.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 04:29AM
The sled not being in the exact same spot on the starting line isn't a big issue when they're shooting it with a lazer IF there's plenty of track. But when you have to sacrifice your equipment by buying it into a sand pile for the extra distance, the position of the sled becomes a major issue. I just can't understand why they don't back the FP line up a couple feet. That just makes too much sense I reckon.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 06:06AM
Agree

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 04:31AM
It matters a lot on a indoor track when you have to let out of it when u hit the pile or when your front tires go up the pile and you loose all your drawbar height.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 04:45AM
Yes in an indoor event it may make a difference, but we are still talking only a few inches of starting difference, I don't feel like a few more inches in the sand is gona matter, hootman didnt go up the pile anyway.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 07:59AM
Yes, he wasn't up the pile. But he was in it and definitely let out of it. He probably didn't have 10 ft left in the pass but there might have been enough to win.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 12:23PM
It does matter where the sled starts, if the sled starts two feet ahead of the line and the puller falls in the last persons holes then he is technically two feet short of the last person but ended in the same spot at the finish line/sand pile

Re: hootman got screwed February 20, 2017 12:53AM
For BBCAT3208:

"It does matter where the sled starts, if the sled starts two feet ahead of the line and the puller falls in the last persons holes then he is technically two feet short of the last person but ended in the same spot at the finish line/sand pile"

I agree completely.

If the sled does not start from the same spot, it matters alot. I have witnessed this a couple times. If the sled starts closer to the finish line, you are at a disadvantage right away. You are launching on dirt that has been chewed up a bunch, and is loose.

If the sled starts further away from the start line, this a major advantage because you are starting on dirt that has not been disturbed, and has been packed in constantly by the sled. You are now launching on stiff dirt, big advantage.

Also of note, it's a problem both ways for spectators because those sitting at the finish line area will see a difference in where they stop, and when they hear the distance are left wondering wtf?

Both Hootman and Black bourn had great runs, and when you are deciding first and second by that little, it's pretty awesome.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 06:47AM
If Hootman got screwed, shouldn't he protest this ?

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 10:22AM
Maybe if the board told the commander to stay home all of u whiners would too. Good lord. He lost by very very little. I get it it hurts but all of this is crap. He lost to the best in the sport it's not like some no name whipped him.

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 11:34AM
I wasn't there but any were on the sand pile should be a full pull at Murfreesboro a diesel truck took a lot of damage because the sled rear ended it in the sand pile and at Rup Arena a couple of years ago I had my tractor up in the sand pile and couldn't have went any further because the wheelie bars caught and had the rear wheals of the ground . It is a croud pleaser but not fair

Re: hootman got screwed February 19, 2017 01:40PM
NFMS weather
Maybe if the board told the commander to stay home all of u whiners would too. Good lord. He lost by very very little. I get it it hurts but all of this is crap. He lost to the best in the sport it's not like some no name whipped him.

I'll agree with your post. Though Hootman is not a no name either. Hypothetically asking, what would happen if a no name beat both of them by .4 inches? Would that be considered a bad laser job also?

Re: hootman got screwed February 21, 2017 01:00AM
The first thing I want to say is a big congratulations to Terry Blackbourn on his win. Any time anybody can run with one of the best LSS in the country then I think that's called a good day. It was also great to be part of one of the best classes of the weekend, everybody in the class in my opinion put on a heck of a show. I am very proud of being a part of the LSS class.. I went home and watched my run a couple times and from what I saw it's way to close to say that I got screwed. With the laser being reset every time the sled is back at the starting line I feel that every measurement at the NFMS is an honest reading. Once again congrats to Terry.

Re: hootman got screwed February 21, 2017 02:15AM
Jason,

In your opinion should you have to plow into the sand a little further to win or should there have been a pulloff? I personally think the fullpull mark should be set a foot or two before reaching the sand pile before the class ever starts. Just curious of your opinion, as you were the one affected.

But congrats on the great run, was obvious you had distance left in it!

Re: hootman got screwed February 21, 2017 02:16AM
Jason, thanks for giving your input. I think you had a good run and made it close enough to cause this thread to start. I was hoping you could get out front too, by the way. If you look at Terry's run, it was perfect! Straight down the track, no brakes, front end up just a little bit, and smooth. There is not much chance anyone could beat that pull. Now if that was your pull and Terry ended up a couple tenths of a foot behind you, would anyone say Terry got screwed? Unlikely. I think it shows you have a pretty big fan base. I know your win in 2013 at NFMS has turned me into a Commander fan! Good luck this season and be proud of a 2nd place finish at a tough show to win!!

Re: hootman got screwed February 21, 2017 03:49PM
Jason,
I appreciate your honesty and integrity in dealing with this. It is a pleasure watching you run your home grown parts with the best in the country and competing very well. It's cool to see a different tractor running at the top. Good luck and keep up the good work.

S'no Farmer

Re: hootman got screwed February 21, 2017 04:24PM
I have watched the live stream replays more times than I can count and BTW great job NFMS for the live stream and allowing a year to watch it on demand. After watching it Blackbourne leaves his tractor wide open til flagged while in sand pile and watching Jason's run he puts The Commander deep in sand but clearly lets off thottle before being flagged then in his post pull interview says he may have let off the stick a little early now he got 2nd by less than a 1/2inch if he would have kept it wide open would it have gained a 1/2inch probably but nobody will ever know i'm just glad he responded to all these post. Congrats to a great class and showing to all involved.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520