How to rig up Neutral and Reverse Lights February 19, 2017 01:52PM
How has everyone set up their reverse light and neutral saftey switch? I have an IH 66 series transmission.

Whisker switches? Struggling to figure out what I need here looking for ideas. Thanks!!

Re: How to rig up Neutral and Reverse Lights February 19, 2017 02:21PM
I used two SPDT roller-whisker switches, mounted to make contact with the shift arms on top of the trans cover. Power the neutral switch off the normally closed terminal of the reverse switch, that way you don't have the neutral light on when you are in reverse.

Re: How to rig up Neutral and Reverse Lights February 19, 2017 02:46PM
I used the micro switches from a tower box on a zimmatic center pivot. I think they are around $15.00 each and I used 2 of them. one on the reverse arm and one on the high, neutral, low arm on the shiftier cover housing on the rear end. the micro switches have a common lead and a open and closed lead. if you set it up right you can run power to the reverse micro and when it's in reverse it will send the power to your light and when it's not in reverse is will send power over to the 2nd micro switch and if it's in neutral it will send power up to your push button starting switch. run them threw you key switch first so when key is off you have no power coming down to the micro switches. If you don't want to run 12 volt power to the micro's you can do it with ground going threw them and then the ground will go to rev. light or your H,N,L. micro and then to your push button switch and then on to a fan relay so when the ground is applied to the relay it will send 12 volt power to you starter solenoid switch.

Re: How to rig up Neutral and Reverse Lights February 19, 2017 03:09PM
Ok, I have been working on something similar all day. My transmission is a 560 and it has 1 gear shift lever. I put a pushbutton between my starter button and starter on my gearshift lever so that the starter could only activate while it was in neutral.

For the reverse light, I use a Jacobs jake brake switch mounted so that it will only activate the light when I put in reverse.

What I have been working on today is not as simple. One of the organizations that I pull with requires an amber neutral LIGHT. So what I used there was 2 micro switches off of a John Deere 653a beanhead. I wired them up so that when the gearshift pushes either up or down, the light goes out.
Hope this helps.

Re: How to rig up Neutral and Reverse Lights February 20, 2017 12:34PM
The easiest way is to use rotor switches off of Case IH 2388. They are limit switches. They are marked normally open and normally closed. You what to use normally closed. So when it is in neutral the light comes on. A pulling friend of mine showed me this because he is mechanic that pulls and works on red combines

Re: How to rig up Neutral and Reverse Lights February 20, 2017 02:02PM
Nathan Binder
The easiest way is to use rotor switches off of Case IH 2388. They are limit switches. They are marked normally open and normally closed. You what to use normally closed. So when it is in neutral the light comes on. A pulling friend of mine showed me this because he is mechanic that pulls and works on red combines

And that's what the micro switches are off a JD 653a beanhead are also. Limit switches.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520