Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 03, 2017 12:10PM
I am looking for advice from someone who has ever been in a similar situation. I recently sold a model 100 pump and injectors. The buyer asked to have these items checked at the pump shop before final payment. I didn't have a problem with this because I had nothing to hide. Pump and injectors worked great. I even was running the tractor the day we took everything off to be shipped even took it up the road in high gear and it never missed a beat. Now the pump guy is telling me it flows nowhere near what it should. Said he found a couple simple internal problems too. He told me my pump head looks fine and cant see anything wrong with it but when he puts a new head on it flows what it should then puts my head back on and it only flows 280cc. This is a 13mm head. 280cc..WTF.. I am an honest person and would never try selling something with an issue that's why I didn't refuse to send it to be checked. Any advice on this situation would be appreciated.

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 03, 2017 01:15PM
is this a reputable shop? what did you think it was flowing when you sold it?

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 03, 2017 01:48PM
Yes reputable pump shop. he built it about 5 years ago said it flowed 420cc. I believe it flowed every bit of that. Had it on a completely stock 436 and it ran 3rd high everywhere from 10500 to 12500

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 03, 2017 01:25PM
Well about all I can say is do you trust your pump man? What did you expect it too flow? Putting the tractor in road gear wouldn't tell you anything. It really boils down to what were you expecting it to flow (and why) and do you trust the pump man.

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 05, 2017 01:49AM
send it to me, I will flow it for you with results from a yearly calibrated test bench

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 05, 2017 02:07AM
I would consider sending it to you to be checked. What bothers me is I know what I sent but don't know what I will be getting back. Im thinking either my pump got switched with another or he did something and damaged my head. There are way too many people who know how well that pump ran for him to be telling me it only flows 280cc. My one friend even has videos of every pull from last season right up to the last one.

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 05, 2017 02:20AM
As more time goes on I continue to lose faith in pump shops in general.they need to learn the phrase "we were wrong" and or "made a mistake" rather than the typical there is nothing wrong with your pump but Here is the bill and when you get it back it is night and day different in performance. They all must think it is our first day every day.

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 05, 2017 02:43AM
Mike, could I give you a call about this sometime today. I Believe I have your number

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 05, 2017 10:29AM
Been there also. Had a pump shop tell me mine only got 30cc vs.300. If it only had 30cc I sure as heck wouldn't have got off the line.

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 06, 2017 01:44AM
If that pump was truly putting out 420cc and you were running it on a completely stock 436, I don't think you would have made it many hooks before taking out the head gasket. A 420cc pump with the right setup should get you up in road gear. So maybe it wasn't what you thought it was originally. Maybe 320 then, 280 now. Just a thought

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 06, 2017 08:21AM
Yes pumper it was fireringed. And around here we don't pull a pedal tractor sled. 3rd high is a good accomplishment on a good bitting track with a real sled at 420cc. By the way it would run road gear but id rather spin out than power out

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 06, 2017 09:41AM
So your 436 was not completely stock. Didn't think so if you could run the big hole. Sounds like you flip flop as much as your pump shop

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 06, 2017 10:15AM
Hey pumper,are you as dumb as your keyboard? Any tractor running this setup is fire ringed! And since when do fire rings equate to a built engine? I assure you nothing else was done to his 436.

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 06, 2017 10:07AM
Dang "need advice",is your flesh light malfunctioning. Guess I better start dressing up my pedal tractor tires with a new Bic razor! I'll catch up to all those trophies you have someday! Need advice's tractor is by no means a last place tractor. It was running as good the day we removed the pump as it was the first day it was installed. This set up had many first place finishes in our area! Problem is that a lot of shops assume they are dealing with people that don't know any better and will feed you a line of s**t and send you a nice fat bill.

Re: Fuel pump situation with pump shop March 07, 2017 12:51AM
Who built it and said it was 420cc, and who is checking it saying it's 280cc? Test equipment plays a very big part. If someone were trying to test a pulling pump with the same test injectors and lines that are for stock pumps, then the readings could be very different. I'd also wonder about stroke count on the test stand. The M100 confuses a lot of guys with it being driven at engine speed, but the head runs half. So to bring an M100 into the common world of cc readings for comparision, you would run it different than stock pumps. PM me if you don't want to tell the world who these are

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009