Component chassis. March 04, 2017 12:27PM
Who are some of the top builders for a component
chassis and sheet metal work.

Re: Component chassis. March 04, 2017 02:14PM
Ace chassis makes some impressive machines

Re: Component chassis. March 04, 2017 09:26PM
Engler chassis's had some pretty impressive results in the heavy classes at Louisville this year? Would be worth a look if you were serious?

Re: Component chassis. March 05, 2017 10:08AM
Who does the chassis work for lance little
He always has super slick tractors.

Re: Component chassis. March 05, 2017 11:22AM
Little's tractors are Engler. Most (probably 60% or more) of the Prostocks are Engler (as are most DSS). Cain's tractors are Joe Eder Chassis. Fullpull does some really nice work. Ace Chassis also makes a nice product. I'd also take a serious look at Karlen's Motorsports as well, they've made some really nice component tractors for some Prostocks as well as their Light Superstock. Last, but certainly not least would be Jason Hootman, his Light Supers hookup extremely well and he's built some heavier chassis that work extremely well.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Component chassis. March 05, 2017 12:08PM
Jake are you talking about super Dave's tractor for a heavy chassis. Lol. Come on now that's funny.

Re: Component chassis. March 05, 2017 01:52PM
That's funny, but yeah that's one of them. H. David wanted to be able to hook anything from 9500 lbs. down to 6000 lbs. Henry told him he had to run the Smoker Series or he wouldn't get his allowance.

To the Original Poster, Rich is another a guy running an Eder Chassis on a Prostock as well as their families DSS. They both seem to work really well and they go straight when his brother Rob's driving.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Component chassis. March 06, 2017 06:50AM
Who built Chizeks chassis on his tractors

Re: Component chassis. March 06, 2017 06:59AM
Chizek's are Ace chassis. Be hard to go with anyone else if were building a LSS

Re: Component chassis. March 06, 2017 12:38PM
git er done went from a midpack lite super to one of the best in the class with just a chassis change.same engine just a new chassis and it made all the difference. put 1 of terrys motors in that chassis and it would crush the chizek tractors.

Re: Component chassis. March 05, 2017 03:09PM
What can u buy a component chassis and sheet
metal for, less engine and transmission? 50k?

Re: Component chassis. March 06, 2017 01:54AM
You should be close with a chassis, rear plate, bell housing, drive line and shields, no tranny, no tires, no engine, with sheet metal of choice.

Some variables on what sheet metal, and how finished off it is will vary price some.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Component chassis. March 06, 2017 07:00AM
cost all depends on the components used to build it. the biggest cost swing of a chassis is the rear end. It can vary from aprox 10-30k on its own depending on how crazy you get. The rest of the chassis would be about the same most places15-20k. Sheet metal costs vary also on what body and if any stock hood is used. If you did an all aluminum 1066 body that is on the easier side of ones to do, and all the chassis skins, mounted to the frame, floor, all around the cage and fenders would be aprox 7-12k
That varies what you could do one from 32-62k on the same basic tractor and that is just a start of what is needed

Re: Component chassis. March 06, 2017 12:03PM
Thanks for the info above.
I have looked at some chassis (used) and there not really
what I want. So by the time I make changes I could buy what I want new.
I was going to put the engine together my self so I would take over the build once the chassis was back.
I looking at going either Deere 6030 sheet metal or latest 8000 series.

Re: Component chassis. March 07, 2017 02:00AM
Im not convinced that there is that much difference in chassis on a pro stock, partly because they still have plenty of front end weight, there are a lot of non engler chassis that still hook and run quite well, heck Shorter won PPL points in 2016 without a full componet chassis. The turbo still has more to do with who will win the pro stock class than the chassis does!

Re: Component chassis. March 07, 2017 03:04AM
shorter is an engler chassis. its a tractor rear with no transmission housing so it's build just like a component tractor.

Re: Component chassis. March 08, 2017 02:46AM
Does that mean that Shorter's tractor is illegal to pull with NTPA? I thought I remember reading once that no cast could be used in the construction of a component chassis?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,832, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,967.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro