"The King is back" ?? June 21, 2009 06:15AM
Well "The king is back with a smoke a attack" so the Tshirts said at Wilmington last night , however the Red LIne Fever experienced a little green and orange spankin.

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 21, 2009 06:24AM
I don't know if he got spanked. If he would have dropped six and hooked after Shramek he would have go into the pulloff, but I don't know if he could have caught Young Blood. That tractor is running really strong and started the season off with a big win on a good track.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 21, 2009 08:09AM
jesse i see the judge was there and apache hope to see more of him this year on ntpa but i doubt it he is ppl,ostpa

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 21, 2009 09:44AM
I filmed the mods and the ssd. Probably make the videos tomorrow and Tuesday. They are going to a few more NTPA RN 2 hooks this year when th schedule allows it.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 21, 2009 09:59AM
I suspect Boxler will be the one beat if they can keep the drive train together. Young blood is tough. He's three for three starting at Louisville. Does anyone know how big that motor is and what keeps it together.

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 21, 2009 02:52PM
Yeah a big steal girdle and a nice thick head with several bolts clamping the block between them. If I remeber Brian right its somewhere in the low 500ci range. Still has a 426 Allis in their!!

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 21, 2009 11:52PM
Orange,
Do you know who built that head?. Just caught a glimpse of it the other night at Wilmington. Quite a piece of iron. He made two nice passes the other night. Do you know what happen to Lock and Load?

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 22, 2009 01:19PM
I believe the head was built by Max Simpson, about ten years ago or so. I think that he only made a limited number of them for the ol 426 Allis.

I will take this from one of the Morgan's "it runs like a scalled dog".

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 22, 2009 02:08PM
Alcoholic,

How are they holding the block together . Are they bolting it vertically from top to bottom on the outside of the block or do the bolts run on the inside some how . Its making a bunch of power and not breaking.

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 23, 2009 04:48AM
I couldn't tell you on how they are holding it together, but they are doing a hell of job at it.

Two or three seasons ago, they had problems with the crank. I remember at Troy, they broke a crank on the second pass in the pull-off. I remember Dennis telling me that was there biggest problem they had was getting it to run for two passes. They could get her going on the first one, but the second pass was their problem (mainly the crank).

My guess is that they don't turn it near as hard on the first pass, and untwist the screw a little more on the pull-off pass. Trying not to run on kill everytime, that is what has gotten them back to back championships. They have done their homework and it is paying off for them.

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 23, 2009 10:26AM
I thought the head was built by REI but they might be just doing the freshining on it. Its a cast block of steel thats machined out. If you've seen it. Its massive! Hold about 220lbs of boost if I remeber right. Yes the bolts run on the outside of the block. Girdle and Head are the bread and the block is the peanut butter.

Didn't think they broke the crank at Troy that year just spun the mains. remeber them working all night polishing the journals all night to get it back together for Ohio the next day. Brian and his dad and crew put alot of effort in that tractor. Plues they a good group to set and talk to. Unfortuanatly I will not be able to help them out at the Jeff City pull. Here's a knock on wood to the rain gods to stay away!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 10:39AM by Orangelss.

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 21, 2009 10:12AM
Well if he came out and spanked everybody you know where that would go, illegal block-unfair advantage-ect.-ect. Guess all the hoopala was no big deal after all. Just glad hes back, lets go Pulling!

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 22, 2009 01:07PM
You complain about how he doesn't run a year and say he is a whiney boycotting IH cheater, but then say how the class will flourish without him when he is gone. You contradict yourself and no matter what Esdon does, you will just bad mouth him some more. Another thing, there are a lot more people wanting to see him run at NTPA events this year than there are that don't.

PS: For complaining about whining so much, you do a lot yourself.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 22, 2009 02:15PM
Jesse,
Who has the new Superstock deere that did all the bouncing at wilmington. Is that a big block. Looks awesome under the hood. Should be tough once they get er lined out.

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 22, 2009 02:23PM
Your probably thinking of John Raymonds Smoke and Mirrors tractor. Is a nice looking ride, but I don't know anything about it.. What ever happened to the SSD deere lusticks were building with a big block? Is this the one

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 22, 2009 02:42PM
No. They were involved some with Stan Auen's tractor called Froggy.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 23, 2009 12:22AM
No, this one is like Boxlers with Ernie Conner helping to build the powerplant, When it was winding up at the start it was just like Boxlers the way it sounded

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 23, 2009 02:40AM
SB or BB?

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 23, 2009 10:41AM
It is a big block. I believe some of the parts were bought from Dick Bonner, like the cylinder head I believe, which is a Staab billet. Then I believe John has put a lot of work into the engine. Yes it has a lot of potential. Hopefuly he can get the bounce out it. It should be awesome to watch.

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 24, 2009 12:39PM
john told me last year he needed higher gears (it's a mean one)

Re: "The King is back" ?? June 25, 2009 12:46AM
It is good to see Esdon back pulling with ntpa. Cant wait to see the show this weekend.Should be one heck of a class.
good luck to all pullers

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009