John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue March 23, 2017 01:48PM
Hey guys,
I am running a JD 4440 with a quad range trans setup for our local hot farm classes. I installed a ruts house billet 5 disc clutch, Slama clutch valve and piston setup. After battling some other issues now I seem to have a clutch pressure issue. The clutch feels like it's slipping a lot, should I have to adjust my pressures or could something be wrong in my valve? Any help would be awesome as I'm new as to building a quad range wet clutch setup..

Re: John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue March 24, 2017 12:30AM
Tell us a little bit more about your motor setup and how much power your putting through it, .....honestly gonna shoot ya straight as will many others on here but if your making decent power like 600 plus.......save yourself tons or heartache and money and go to a dry clutch.......everyone of us wet clutch guys on here been there.....and now are currently running a dry clutch

Re: John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue March 24, 2017 11:40AM
Dry clutch is ONLY way to go.

Re: John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue March 24, 2017 12:37PM
Did the clutch slip from the very first time out or did it slowly start slipping. I would also check clutch pressures.

Re: John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue March 24, 2017 02:04PM
Check pressure at valve body 180 psi or little more

Re: John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue March 26, 2017 02:08AM
When I put my wet clutch in new with modified valve body the valve leaked right away and the clutch was slipping...But it was bad enough it would barely get on the trailer

Re: John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue March 28, 2017 01:38PM
I was at a ktpa pull last summer and over heard some fellas discussing this same issue about the deere wet clutches. this guy was from somewhere near lagrange Kentucky and was pulling his john deer in the 10k hot farm class and claimed to be making over 1300 hp. he was saying that he and his machinist friend developed their own version of a wet clutch ( he referred to it as the slipmaster 2016, not sure why he called it that?? but anyways ) that was composed of 12 clutch discs, and was capable of holding up to 1500 hp or more with a quad range and center section out of a 8640?? ( not sure on size, my apologies) he did go on to say that this set up took years of special planning and designing to be perfected. he also said that the major down fall of having this set up is that it was not SFI certified, which is a major rule in most of your major sanctioning pulling organizations. I wish I had the fellas name so you could contact him for help. I did get to see it run that particular nite and it seemed to me that the clutch didn't fully engage? ( his wheels stopped spinning but the engine stayed revved at the end of the trac?) but then again he was running a monstor tall gear so maybe that was part of his strategy? not sure, but that tractor was stout that nite!

Re: John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue April 01, 2017 07:19AM
I am running a 3x3 cds charger, Cds built a pump flowing 500ccs, o ringed head , stock internals, and sorry for the misspelling, I installed a rursch specialties 5 disc billet clutch wth a Slama built clutch valve. It seems to be a pressure issue as he clutch was set by Darren. I'm testing the pressure tomorrow and will see how it turns out. I know I should have just went with a dry set up but with what I have invested now , I'm going to try it this season. Does anyone have a diagram on what stems on the clutch valve should be plugged? Maybe mine has the wrong stems plugged? Thanks for the help

Re: John Deere 4440 hot farm clutch issue April 02, 2017 01:31PM
You could have a piston packing leaking. Or you could have a 2 speed issue. Does it seem better if it's in the low side or high. And what did the pressures read

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM