Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 06, 2017 11:38PM
Looking at a new set of tires for my super farm what's everyone's opinion on which tire to get

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 07, 2017 12:47AM
Give me a call and I can help explain the pros and cons on both of the tires and give you some more information so you can better decide.

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 10, 2017 12:45PM
Are these pro pullers 10ply,just wondering.i have noticed that Firestone DBL cut bias seem to get alot of hop when pulling .were as DBL cut radials in 10 ply don't seem to hop.23degree

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 08, 2017 01:10AM
There are many differences between the two tires. The most notable being the amount of footprint in the dirt. Pro Pullers can give you almost 60 inches more footprint than other tires on the market. This allows you to hook into the dirt better and give you a great run without spinning excessively. Feel free to contact us with any questions, email aaron@propullertires.com, call at 402-840-0244, visit our website at ProPullerTires.com. Thanks for your interest!

Aaron Docter
Pro Puller Tires
ProPullerTires.com

Aaron Docter

Pro Puller Tires
402-840-0244
www.propullertires.com
www.facebook.com/propullertires

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 08, 2017 04:33PM
How are they legal? Anybody can make a tire that says the correct size on the side wall. What it actually measures is the next thing. rule book says 210" mounted on a 26" rim inflated to 10psi with air and no more than 25" wide. Your tire comes out 212"-214" and 26.5 wide. That is 1.5" wider than the rule allows. I guess we will see what happens when these tires are protested. If it's over on either one they have to consider them illegal and if the organizations don't hold up to there part of the rules they will have bigger issues. Didnt Goodyear have this issue with there tiresabout 10 years ago? They were over 210". It should be an interesting summer.

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 09, 2017 02:11PM
The tires are all going to be compliant with major associations, with a 210" circumference and within spec on width when a caliper is used to measure. There has been major discussion on tire rules the last few months and we are having active conversations with associations to ensure we stay compliant moving forward. Our goal is to put out a product that gives an advantage both with traction as well as price compared to other brands. If you have any further questions on developments with rules, feel free to give me a call at 402-840-0244 or email me at aaron@propullertires.com.

Aaron Docter
ProPullerTires.com

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 12, 2017 03:45PM
Let's hope they weren't molded with to much crown in the center. You will have a lot of tires to buy back if they are not legal on the 210" rule at 10psi on a 26" rim. Let's all remember we measure the biggest part of the tire. They won't pass. Just because the organizations have said okay doesn't mean they are built to that spec they agreed too. And it's total tread width, if the tire is built with crown you measure up and over to get your width ( I guess driving down the road we don't count mileage driving over hills, just air plane miles). because that is the foot print on the ground or check it with your caliper on the bottom with the tractors weight on it. If any part of that tire is over 25" it is illegal. No variance. The rule says 25 not 25 1/4". We will alll find out when the Tec guys start measuring.

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 13, 2017 01:04AM
Wow.......you people amaze me. The tires haven't even hit the market and your pushing the doomsday button.

All this talk about measuring and tech......ya, because it is done soooo often. Rememeber the old firestone puller? Bet you'd love to know how many of those were over 210" and you never knew, nobody asked, nobody was concerned. Probably a few sets of the 2000 HP's are that way also, ever think of that?

It's rubber folks. No matter how hard you try, no 2 tires will ever be the same. Let's quit whining on here publicly and let the tire speak for itself when they hit the track. For all we know they will be a giant flop and nobody will want them! Kinda hope not though, Firestone needs someone to straighten them out on pricing.

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 13, 2017 03:28AM
I would say the big deal is the fact that there are rules and they built a tire that was too big and they bragged about it. So now tech has to do more to police things. Jmo

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 13, 2017 04:05AM
"............rule book says 210" mounted on a 26" rim................"

Sooo, maybe I bought a 28" wide wheel.............or was it a 24" wide wheel....??? Hmmm, I think that might influence that circumference measurement pretty quickly.

Good luck enforcing that circumference spec when the tire is not mounted on a 26" wide wheel......

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 14, 2017 12:13AM
"better add a rim" had the best post on this thread. Ahh, if it is just a little bit over, what's the hurt? If that is everyone's impression, throw out the sanctioning bodies and their rule books and just go to the track. See how that works out.JW

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 13, 2017 05:30AM
And now they're fixing it. Not gonna be that many over 210. I bet the only way they even get checked is by protest.

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 13, 2017 06:28AM
With all the tire talk, I made several calls to the "reputable" cutters, and the general "feel" is, that nearly 25% of the Firestone tires that are out there, have been stretched, or used and abused to the point that they are over 210". Most every cutter was positive when I asked about the new tire, and the feel was that there were a few that were over spec., but were really pretty positive about the changes that have been made from the original Parks tire.

The cutters all pretty much agree that 1-2", (even 3-4") circumference difference on 90% of the tractors out there won't make a tractor win. The track, The number we draw, The skill of the driver, and most certainly the performance of the tractor are going to make way more difference than a tire that has a little more circumference.
A tire that measures 212" instead of the maximum 210" tire, is only 6/10" overall difference in height.

I think that it is great that someone is actually out there spending the time and energy to make a product that gives us a choice, and one that saves us some money.

By the sounds of the results in Lincoln Nebraska, The Pro Puller 20.8R38 was out of spec by having a tire that was 6" over spec., and although that tractor won his class, it was just marginal over the Firestone. In that same pull, the 24.5X32 Pro Puller won, and had legal specs.
Elmer Haug won his class with a legal set of Pro Pullers (Parks) and kicked everyone's ass. I think that if Elmer had Firestones on, he would have won as well, but he has a great tractor and knows how to drive.

I think us belly achers need to get out to the field, and quit complaining about something that sounds more like an excuse than a real concern.

Hate to spoil the whining.

Caliper Measurements April 13, 2017 07:08AM
To address the 25 inch shoulder to shoulder questions, we have made a caliper measuring exactly 25" wide and put it on a couple tires and they have all fit within spec. The included pictures may give you a better idea of what to look for moving forward. The tire width is in the mold and shouldn't vary from tire to tire. We have designed these to get the most traction possible and still remain legal. Thank you for the interest in the tires!

Aaron Docter
ProPullerTires.com

Re: Caliper Measurements April 13, 2017 12:07PM
I don't get that you say your tires are legal when in the outlaw and ppl rule book
For light limited,super farm , limited pro it says 24.5 x 32 and we know pro puller are a lot wider than that
So how is that legal

Re: Caliper Measurements April 13, 2017 12:28PM
Legal, here is some information to help you understand the tire rules a little better.

The rules in most associations state explicitly that 24.5x32 tires must be 25" wide or less.

Go to the NTPA official website and check out this page where Larry Richwine clarifies the ruling. Below is an excerpt of the tire question from the page.
Question:
"Richwine, How big can of a tire can I use in the Super farm class? These new tires that are out are pretty big.
What if I buy a pair and they measure 212-214 inches?
The guy selling them that they are ok but, I don’t wanta get throw out if I show up with them.

Answer:
The rule reads:
24.5 x 32 with a maximum of 210-inch circumference, when inflated to 10 psi. Tread width not to exceed 25 inches.
I realize that after hardening, over inflation and use they will stretch some but, if we measure your tires when they are relatively new and they’re to big, you would be allowed to run that day but told not to come back till you have tires that fit the rule…….
Bottom line is make sure you get tires that are legal."

I hope this can help clear things up a little bit.

Aaron Docter
ProPullerTires.com

Re: Caliper Measurements April 13, 2017 01:54PM
I think you need to mount them on a 26-27 inch wide rim and see if it passes the 25" rule. I think you will have an issue. The rule is set so they can measure at the pull and if it is wider than 25" it is illegal. It's no different than a sf running a larger inlet than 3" with a legal 3" wheel. If the tire is built wider in the mold then you can't stretch it out wider. Sorry I didn't design the tire and it may have to be run on a 24" rim to be legal. Sorry if they don't work on a narrow rim. Back to the drawing board. You can put a 2000 puller on any width rim you want and it will pass the width rule. I do agree if the tire is only a small percentage over no one should worry. If that's the case let's not worry if the 4.1s run a 4.2 turbo. It's only .1 over. What's the big deal ha ha ha ha

Re: Caliper Measurements April 13, 2017 03:38PM
what a bunch of whiners. firestone finally has some competition and a few guys have their pannies on a bunch over it. if your club allows 25" then you'll be fine. have your cutter mount it on the rim you plan on running and see what it measures at 10 psi. if your club is set in stone at 24.5 then simple have your tire cutter trim 1/4" of an inch off of the shoulders. there are some pretty easy solutions to this. if your tires are too big then I'm sure your cutter ad pro pulling tires will work with you to get a set that are legal. stop bitching about the tires until you find an illegal set. then bitch about the guy runnig them not the tires. last but not least if you think there arent illegal firestones out there then your crazy!

thanks pro puller guys for giving us another tire option.

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 09, 2017 05:36AM
What is the wieght differance of the tires ?

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 12, 2017 12:40PM
Our tires have been coming in around 430-440 lbs per tire.

The 26.5 inches in width mentioned above is somewhat of a skewed measurement because it accounts for the curve of the tire in the face, not the actual width. When measuring strictly from edge of tread to edge of tread, they come out at 25" wide, which is within the legal spec for tires. Other factors such as varied rim widths could skew the number slightly, but it will fall within the legal measurements. These tires have been approved by the associations in the past and have only been improved over time with better rubber compounding, consistency on bead width and taking out the "dip" in the center, nothing has changed on the width of the tire.

We are always looking for ways to improve the product even more and would love to hear more feedback. If there are any more questions on the tires, please give me a call at 402-840-0244 so I can walk through the features and benefits of the Pro Puller Tire against the competition.

Aaron Docter
www.ProPullerTires.com
aaron@propullertires.com

Aaron Docter

Pro Puller Tires
402-840-0244
www.propullertires.com
www.facebook.com/propullertires

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 08, 2017 03:29AM
Too much traction can hurt you.

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 08, 2017 01:52PM
YES to much traction can hurt you if you aint got enough weight to move or enough power to keep them turning it would depend on your setup if your spinning the tires 40mph and only going down the track 20 wouldn't you be better of with a gear and the traction that lets you spin the tire 30mph and takes you down the track 25 mph.; It seems to me like we all try to se who can pull the fastest gear and spin the tire the fastest instead of pulling anything

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 09, 2017 05:49AM
Easy Lewis, all I said was that too much traction can hurt you. We both know that.

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 10, 2017 01:00PM
What is the recommend rim width for Pro Pullers
Or Firestone HP?

Re: Pro pullers or puller 2000 April 11, 2017 12:47AM
Right now we are mounting the 24.5-32 Pro Pullers on 26"-27" wide wheels and the 24.5-32 Firestone Puller 2000 on 25"-26" wide wheels and the 20.8-38 Pro Pullers on 22" wide wheels as well the Firestone Deep Tread.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM