Checking gear ratio on a tractor April 21, 2017 12:47AM
I have a 6030 with a 7 5/8 gear with high speed finals, motor is out.
To double check the ratio can I jack the tractor up, select a gear, then turn the input shaft the amount of turns to one revolution of the rear tire to determine the final ratio?
First attempt by others came up with an incorrect number because each rear wheel was not turning together. My question is should we only raise one wheel or any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Re: Checking gear ratio on a tractor April 21, 2017 01:11AM
If u jack up one side u will have to divide ur input shaft revolutions by 2. If u jack up both tires make sure u mark each tire and make sure they both rotate back to there exact location. Hope this helps.

Re: Checking gear ratio on a tractor April 21, 2017 05:32AM
He jacked up both . One then the other turned , came up with 9 turns input to 1 tire
Will check on Sunday

Re: Checking gear ratio on a tractor April 21, 2017 06:42AM
Jack up one side, turn the tire around 2 times and count the input shaft turns. This is your ratio.

Re: Checking gear ratio on a tractor April 21, 2017 08:30AM
Maybe that makes sense that he got 9 turns x 2 =18:1, will double check it this weekend ,
Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,681, Posts: 229,783, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason