Recast heads May 06, 2017 12:28AM
Did interstate pullers change there rule on recast heads for the IH brand tractors? Can you run one? I see they have a few guys that had them at the last pull.

Re: Recast heads May 06, 2017 09:51AM
I checked the interstate website and the rules say " O.E.M. cylinder head must be for series engine used - no re-cast, no aluminum, no over head cams allowed." this doesn't mean that people aren't using recast heads, but the rules say they shouldn't be. I personally don't have much of a problem with recast heads and we run some interstate mod Turbo so if the rules did change I would not be offended

Re: Recast heads May 06, 2017 11:28AM
Im all for it too sense one of the red tractors had one on in the last pull off. Lol. Pretty easy to tell when the side shields are off. It would be nice to have a even playing field for all color tractors.

Re: Recast heads May 06, 2017 01:02PM
So if the rules in essence say 'illegal', then why did the tech people at that pull not say 'illegal'. And send the offender & tractor home, saying, 'don't come back until it is legal'. Or are the techies pacifiscts? Likewise with the club's management (officers)? If they are, why have rules?

Re: Recast heads May 06, 2017 03:13PM
Did said tractor win
? We're you guys in the group when said tractor had his illegal head?

Re: Recast heads May 07, 2017 03:02PM
Get over it more people then you think run them a lot of sbjd guys run them
It's getting harder and costly to find oem heads

Re: Recast heads May 07, 2017 11:14PM
".......It's getting harder and costly to find oem heads...."

You have to be kidding me. It is anything but difficult to find oem heads for sbjd, or ih for that matter. The only brand head that might be difficult to find is AC, and it was poor to start with.

Re: Recast heads May 07, 2017 12:09AM
Interstate has never had Tech Officials. They have had people pretend to check things but it is a dog and pony show as far as safety or rules. Don't expect that to change. Interstate is whatever Danny Forrester deems it to be.

Re: Recast heads May 12, 2017 12:45PM
Hey mod turbo if your in the class why not contest said.wrong parts ????? If you think he has the wrong parts and why beat around the bush and not say named puller who your accusing of cheating also If your going to accuse someone of cheating why not use your real name ???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 12:53PM by cbaker.

Re: Recast heads May 12, 2017 03:13PM
When theres a pulling organization with Tech officials it shouldn't be the pullers place to police the class if recast heads or a after market turbo is not allowed in the class the tractor should not be hooked to the sled because the tech man should have done sent it to the trailer a protest for a recast head shoulnt be needed

Re: Recast heads May 13, 2017 12:24PM
Why shouldn't it be a protesable item?? Sounds like you have been tokin on the cry baby pipe one to many hits. It's a pretty neat concept put your money where your mouth is and the worst that will happen is; you'll be wrong,loose your protest fee and look like a dumb ass. No big deal if your sure your right sounds like a no brainer. Geddy up

Re: Recast heads May 13, 2017 12:46PM
I don't think he said you couldn't protest it, but that the tech men should take care of it so he doesn't have to protest it.

Re: Recast heads May 13, 2017 02:06PM
Dirt farmer said what I ment ,If your pulling in my case KTPA Battle of the Bluegrass or NTPA any organization that has tech oficials there should be no need for a protest of any kind .Unless you saw somebody adding weight after crossing the scales or raising the drawbar IF you pull with say NTPA its theyre job to make sure everyone meets the rules befor they hook to the sled I'm not disagreeing that most organizations Tech department is nothing but a joke .Ive been pulling 30 years its not my job to make sure no ones cheating If your a tech man reading this do your job and that would stop the cheating accusations If you aint got the balls or knowledge to do your job quit and let somebody who can your cheating every puller in the class if someone gets by with say that recast head that's not suppose to be there they are a cheater and the organization is just as big a cheater for letting it slip by robing the rest of the class of money/ points placement prestige or whatever.IS THAT BETTER SO LAME

Re: Recast heads May 14, 2017 06:03PM
I agree techs should take care of a illegal problem when they see one, but I was at a event where a protest happened an the officials looked other way on a item that wasn't protested when they saw it , well since I was helping on tear down and was a friend and fellow fellow puller I asked afterward why they didn't do something about it I was told it wasn't what was protested

Re: Recast heads May 15, 2017 10:52AM
I had an official call today and the question was brought up how do you tell the recast heads what needs to be looked for I dont no so whats the answer hes willing to inforce the rule when he learns what to look for

How to tell and check for a: Recast head May 15, 2017 01:14PM
Come on guys we need some information if the head looks identical from the outside whats next . it would be neat to here of a tech man busting some bodys bubble and expose them to everybody lets don't get all quiet= now Cummins IH and JDS are the most popular engines so they would be a good place to start

Re: How to tell and check for a: Recast head May 16, 2017 08:57AM
This Topic really turned south when a tech man jumps on board wanting to do the right thing in his area he could be a interstate man so heres your chance guys I forgot were he said he was from but agreed with most of the post he just wants to no what hes doing so he don't look like that dumb ass so lame was talking about take a big hit on that pipe so lame and tell us about it

Re: How to tell and check for a: Recast head May 16, 2017 11:14AM
There is not one single recast head that looks identical to the original that I know of. ( I haven't seen them all, but I have seen quite a few of them.) Some of them are taller. Some have the ports moved up higher. The head looks different period. So If I were a tech official, I would find away to get a picture of them. I would get some dimensions of the stock heads and work from there. Maybe if you have a rule that requires OEM only, maybe the protest for the head is $50.00 or nothing. Start by looking at it, and if it looks questionable move forward to pull the head off, and dig deeper into it. If pullers are saying someone is running one. Ask the pullers that are concerned if they can bring you a stock head of that kind so you can make notes, and then check said puller after you have learned what you are looking for. If start just enforcing it people are way more reluctant to cheat.

Or maybe make the rule so you can run the aftermarket head, and the head must be stock width, length, and height. Then it doesn't matter if it is aftermarket, and how it is made. Makes tech a lot easier. If you keep the dimensions to stock then the hp is not going to increase much over a filled stock head, even if it was "billet". As far as price then it would not matter. The puller would have to choose between a stock head that is less durable, for less money or a head that is more durable for more money (maybe cost less over time). Performance wouldn't be the driving factor. The pullers will choose the best value for them. Do not use the term OEM replica, or visually looks OEM ect. That doesn't work, and that will leave too much up for interpretation. Just use stock dimensions like measuring a box, and it will be the easiest to enforce with a tape measure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2017 11:17AM by No Limit MFG.

Re: How to tell and check for a: Recast head May 16, 2017 02:20PM
Dave from wipe out don't make heads have you been to his shop I have didn't see a machine that could port them ether

Re: How to tell and check for a: Recast head May 16, 2017 02:16PM
Fix interstate are you kidding me how many other pulling orginaztions in the mid Atlantic or northeast are getting the numbers of new pulling vehicles every year that Interstate does and also getting more hooks as well if anything they are putting too many hooks out their for a guy to run in the season

Re: How to tell and check for a: Recast head May 16, 2017 10:56AM
Call wipeout they make them and they should be able to tell you. But you have up hill climb if you think you can fix interstate. I wish you the best!

Re: Recast heads May 16, 2017 01:12PM
If that's the case the tech man just screwed the hole class and should had been bared and never allowed to tech again illegal is illegal theft by deception on both parts puller and tech the next question how many time had the pullers been screwed I'm glad I pull with a good group of pullers and don't have to worry about that crap

Re: Recast heads May 16, 2017 01:52PM
Sorry that should have been under Pulse 14s post

Re: Recast heads May 16, 2017 03:29PM
We claim to have a man that has visually inspected this "illegal" head so it should be a slam dunk, right? What is the purpose of him coming on here and spreading this information instead of protesting this "illegal" head? I think that there are at least two possible scenarios here, first This person is really not sure if its illegal and is hoping to gather support or find allies with the hopes that one of them have the balls to do what this person is apparently not willing to do. Or he just likes to stir up @#$%&.

Re: Recast heads May 17, 2017 02:15AM
well said curt

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM