If we're going to have pulloffs... May 10, 2017 04:40AM
This mostly pertains to NTPA Super National pulls (and Ft. Recovery), since those are the events thar run pulloffs.

A good pulloff can add excitement. Last year's unlimited pulloff at the Fort or a pulloff to decide a Bowling Green ring are as good as it gets.

However, in many cases nowdays, it seems nothing is done to the sled. IMO, if a pulloff is needed, add a block or change a gear. Otherwise, what's the point?

Re: If we're going to have pulloffs... May 10, 2017 08:15AM
I completely agree. Seems pretty redundant to just re-hook and go without changing anything. I think the pulloff rules as a whole are getting pretty ridiculous. Some pulls its 300' others it's 320' Then we get just the top 3 at this pull, but it's everyone at that pull. And now we also get to throw in the "floating finish". There are a lot of posts on here about growing the sport, yet people never seem to address issues like this one. I've been a pulling fan for 40 years and I get confused by all this nonsense, how is someone new to the sport supposed to react? Maybe some promoters should actually listen to the fans every now and then instead of just the pullers.

Re: If we're going to have pulloffs... May 10, 2017 09:56AM
The NTPA changed the rules of the full pull for all competition at all levels (State, Regional, Grand and Super Nationals). There is no top 3 over 300' or everyone over 320'. Instead they are using the rules that they tried with Chapel Hill last year.

Here is what the rule states:
All classes at all levels will be conducted under a floating finish. Tracks will be a maximum of 330 feet with no exception boundary lines will extend to 330 feet. Vehicles get red flagged if they exceed the 330 feet and must come back for a pulloff.

I agree that they do need to add weight or change gears to stop them closer, especially if they are running out past 330 feet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2017 09:57AM by Brent Yaron.

Re: If we're going to have pulloffs... May 13, 2017 04:59AM
as a young guy (32) I still feel a sense of pride for putting a man on the moon. I think it was a great accomplishment and a moment in history that solidified our spot as the best country on earth. I also feel like younger people my age do not know how good they have it, if they were made to go through tough times like generations of past, their attitude may change from the sense of entitlement that they all seem to have. I do not believe we need to change to the metric system, what good would it really do us? don't give me all the bs because the rest of the world is doing it.

Perfect opportunity May 10, 2017 12:07PM
I believe it is a good idea to adopt international rules wherever possible at pullings highest levels. U.S.(NTPA since I do not see PPL or Outlaws being willing to lead the way) and Europe (ETPC) would have to be willing to compromise, but a no- brainer would be to go ahead and adopt the Euro 100 meter track.

100 meters = 328.084 feet. If they're making it 330, just bite the bullet and join the rest of the world.

Re: Perfect opportunity May 10, 2017 12:43PM
You would confuse too many people because they aren't used to using meters and the metric system. They wouldn't know how far you 67.23 meters if you were to tell them, but they know what 220.571 feet is because we are so familiar to using the English system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2017 12:44PM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Perfect opportunity May 10, 2017 10:58PM
You are exactly right on confusing poeple in the US with meters.........what was the rest of the world thinking when they all went to the metric system so many years ago!! Lol!

Maybe it's time to get with modern times? Not likely.....

Re: Perfect opportunity May 11, 2017 01:29AM
it would a tough transition, but man would it be so much better if we changed to the metric system.

Re: Perfect opportunity May 11, 2017 02:21AM
Multiples of 10 are your friend!! Once you make the switch, you wonder what imperial measurement ever was......

Re: Perfect opportunity May 11, 2017 12:43PM

Re: Perfect opportunity May 11, 2017 03:28PM
There is only 2 kinds of countries. Those that use the metric system... And those that have walked on the moon

Re: Perfect opportunity May 11, 2017 11:33PM
Wow! That sure was an accomplishment,and what exactly did it do for us that orbiting the earth (read: Satellites) had'nt already done? It's not like there was some earth shattering development that leapt technology or cured disease as a result of walking on the moon.

Being the only country on earth that hasn't adopted the metric system isn't exactly an accomplishment of any kind........

Re: Perfect opportunity May 12, 2017 01:20AM
Ask the scientists and engineers who put the man on the mood what system they used? You the tax payer probably just paid for it.

Re: Perfect opportunity May 12, 2017 05:05PM
whatever
Wow! That sure was an accomplishment,and what exactly did it do for us that orbiting the earth (read: Satellites) had'nt already done? It's not like there was some earth shattering development that leapt technology or cured disease as a result of walking on the moon

I wonder what Neil Armstrong would say about that comment if he was alive today.

Re: Perfect opportunity May 13, 2017 12:31AM
Supertiquer I agree. I'm old enough to remember watching that on black and white television. I can still remember the sense of pride everybody had at being an American at that point in history. We are sorely missing that now. You know the saying, (If it was easy, everybody would do it). To me that is one of the hallmarks of the America I grew up in, we did it because we could! Sorry for this on Pulloff, you can delete it if you feel you must.

Re: Perfect opportunity May 11, 2017 03:21AM
Also, it may confuse old guy who doesnt even own a computer, but your kids, who have ran track and field events in meters as schools have done for years, will do just fine. Maybe old guy could learn.

Re: Perfect opportunity May 13, 2017 12:52PM
I really don't care which system we use, I understand both of them. I just wish machinery was metric or SAE, and not mixed together on the same machine the way some are. I always manage to grab the wrong wrench. especially when I have to get my fat, old self into a tight place, only to come back out to get the 7/16 instead of the 10 mm.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro