NYTPA Super stock class May 15, 2017 11:52AM
Has anyone received information on the changes that was made for the super stock class?

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 17, 2017 10:58AM
diesel and alky will run together and any singal charger tractor must have a turbo blanket per PPL rules

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 18, 2017 12:16AM
Isn't combining the classes against the bylaws? This change was made after the general meeting in November?

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 18, 2017 06:52AM
the voting members voted to keep it the same as per the last 3 years and then it was change back and not sure if the other members even know yet.

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 26, 2017 01:20AM
Had to do something......NY SS is the biggest SH*T show I have seen in along time.

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 26, 2017 03:25AM
WELL ITS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER. THEY WILL BE VERY LIGHT ON ENTRIES I HEAR BUT[/u] TALK IS CHEAP.

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 26, 2017 04:52AM
NY Fan, what do you dislike about the show? Some specific examples would provide the club feedback on what to work on improving. Your comment does not encourage others to attend our pulls or help tractor pulling in NY in any way.

In my opinion as a puller and a fan, NYTPA has some of the strongest running tractors as any state club in the country, not all, but some. The shows start on time and run efficiently. Those are 2 big factors of a show that I believe most paying fans are looking for.

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 26, 2017 06:58AM
I probably should have worded it differently. I apologize. I agree the club does have some excellent iron. They are very punctual about their shows and well organized. The issue I see is the numbers in the SS class. Yes there are a couple of events with good numbers but for the most part they are very low. The numbers have gone down since the split started 3 years ago.

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 26, 2017 07:31AM
I would think the numbers in the super stock class has more to do with breakage, personal finances, geography, and pullers' other commitments in life than it does the diesel/alcohol split. Last year I believe the split came into play at 5 events, the split affects both placing at the event and also points, however, when you look at the season total in points, of the top 14 tractors, 5 tractors gained a few points, 9 tractors lost a few points. The top 4 tractors in season points would have finished in the same places without the split. 3 tractors in places 6 through 14 would have bumped the tractor one place in front of them without the split. There were 20 hooks for the super class last year, a diesel won 11 of them, I'd say that is pretty even.

NYTPA has a board of directors that lead the organization. Those people are nominated and voted in by the membership of the club. There is a photo of the board of directors on the NYTPA web page under contacts, when I look at that I see a group of people with hundreds of combined years of pulling experience both within and outside the NYTPA club. I have to believe that their decision to get rid of the diesel/alcohol split in our super class was made in the best interest of the club, nothing more, nothing less.

Tim Davis, Rebel Red Massey

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2017 07:33AM by Rebel Red.

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 26, 2017 08:02AM
I lived in eastern NY for many years before moving a few years ago to western NY and watched many NYTPA pulls. The classes are well run and at some venues lots of tractors but now I only get to see a couple NYTPA events a year. After I moved west began the Alcohol/ Diesel split in points and standings. I think when there are 5 or more of each type of tractor present they split the class. But if less than 5 of either Alcohol or Diesel tractors show up they run together. However the points all run together in one class standing and honestly I don't get it?

When it was started I thought it was to even out the alleged advantage of alcohol tractors. However watching the standings and seeing just a couple of these shows a year, it seems to me to have ended up being a way to boost the standings of the poorer alcohol tractors at the expense of the diesel tractors. For example last year from the standings when they split the class in Schaghticoke the 6th place Alcohol tractor pulled 125 ft. but brought home more points (and purse?) than 3 Diesels that pulled farther- 268,253,224 ft. respectively. In Greenwich the 5th place Alcohol tractor bumped the sled for less than a foot but took home more points (and purse?) than 6 Diesel tractors that pulled 257, 233, 232, 209, 178, and 34 ft. At that same pull the 4th place Alcohol tractor pulled 198 ft. and took home more points (and purse?) than 5 Diesels that pulled 261,257,233, 232, and 209 ft. I assume the more this happens the more it affects the final point standings as well. I can see how diesel pullers would get disillusioned that they put the money, time, and effort into their tractor and pull a respectable 250 ft and get less points (and purse?) than an Alcohol tractor that just bumps the sled for less than a foot. I can understand them dropping out.

This seems unfair to me against the Diesel tractors. Is the goal to cut down on the Diesels? I can see trying to even up a class with weight, draw bar height, etc... But to award more points for significantly less performance- that does not make me desire to travel a long distance to see this. I now frequent the ESP and Full Pull Productions which both run a Heavy Super Stock/ Pro Stock/ Alcohol Super Stock mixed class. There it is simple- you pull the furthest and you get the most points and purse. The fan in the stands can figure it out, no calculator needed. It is a shame that what once was perhaps one of the best state Super Stock classes run 10 years ago, now is just an average state run Super Stock class and if the numbers drop any further maybe not even up to average.

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 26, 2017 01:57PM
1) I don't live in NY but last saw the NYTPA SS class a couple years ago.

2) I'm having a hard time comprehending why split the class according to fuel.

3) With the concern of not presenting a good show and the facts "westernNYfan" presented, my question is 'why is the sled set so heavy?' Why not let the tractors get up and run? That improves the quality of the show immensely. In fact that was my overall concern in literally all the classes I saw a couple years ago.

4) I believe there is enough quality NY pulling vehicles. They just need a lighter sled. And that will help reduce vehicle breakage and thus have more vehicles at the next event.

5) I got the impression that 300' is the standard NY track length. What's wrong with making it 310 or 320 or 330? A lighter sled and greater distance picks up the vehicular speed, reduces vehiclular breakage and greatly improves the quality appearance of the pull. The paying spectators love it. Usually so do the pullers.

Re: NYTPA Super stock class May 27, 2017 12:32PM
If we had a dollar for every time we hear this is my sand box

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM