Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 17, 2017 03:39AM
What is happening with the Dunlap pull? It was on the Outlaw schedule and now is on the Nebraska Bush schedule, anyone know what's going on?

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 17, 2017 05:36AM
Not on the new Ottpa schedule

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 18, 2017 06:50AM
From what I've been told the big hang up in Dunlap was the lack of choices for classes this year due to the pull down in Texas. I'm sure they will still have a great pull and a good turnout of pullers and spectators as always!

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 18, 2017 11:37AM
I'm willing to bet you won't see hoffmanns pulling much with the outlaws this summer.

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 18, 2017 08:29PM
Guessin they'll run similar to what they did last year and go where they feel like going.
Looked up Outlaw attendance for last year, they made 9 out of 23 hooks or so and they finished very well each time too!

Pulls can switch up which organization comes to town each year, nice we have a lot of choices out in this neck of the woods.

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 20, 2017 02:17AM
Let's get real....Outlaw raised the purse money for the pullers....also Outlaw fee....basically Hoffman doesn't want to pay the pullers more for putting on a show....Hoffman wants to keep the money for his cause.....the western series will bring a show......and so be it.......but it won't be a Outlaw show.....and Tucker has assured them that it will be awesome....

the lI

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 20, 2017 10:38AM
You can't be serious.....drink some more of the outlaw Kool aid.....

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 21, 2017 02:57PM
Tucker never spoke to them. It's a Nebraska Bush Show. It might have 1 western series class, but that will be it. So, quite saying stuff that it's not.

Thanks

Outlaws for hire

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 19, 2017 12:03AM
This is really getting interesting now. Now they are off Nebraska Bush Schedule. Heard they were scrapping Bush and going with Western Series. Western Series had a signed contract with Bloomington, IA and now in mid May they tell them they not coming so they can go to Dunlap. That will go over good at the Iowa Fair Convention when this gets out.

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 19, 2017 12:34AM
Outlaws started this pull 5 years ago and it has improved every year with last year one of the best pulls I have been too. Shame to see it go!

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 19, 2017 06:58AM
No contract with Bloomington, Iowa and I never talked to anyone from Bloomington, Iowa. I didn't even know there was a Bloomington, Iowa. So I have no clue where you got your information, but unless you have talked with myself or my good friend Brandon Holcomb the co director of the Western Series, I can't help you.

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 23, 2017 05:10AM
I heard a rumor that they were going to pay the winner of the unlimited light super stock class $5,000 to win?

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 23, 2017 08:04AM
Let's see! Hoffman Pulls in that class. Let's don't have Outlaws because of higher purse that could go to Jason's cause, but instead pay $5000 to winner of Hoffman's class. Well I guess it still goes to a Hoffman.

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? May 24, 2017 02:45PM
This thread is the exact reason that tractor pulling can't be the sport that it should be!!

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? June 04, 2017 12:05AM
I see Dunlap back on Ne Bush schedule again. Do not see it on PPL western or champions tour. Is that all they are having?

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? June 04, 2017 03:26AM
There may be a couple Bush pulls that would like to one day add Western Series or better down the road if the dates work out. Dunlap may be one of them. That said, history has shown that if you have a good date and location, Nebraska Bush Pullers can put on a great show. I think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise.

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? June 05, 2017 05:17AM
The only way it will be half the show that Outlaws brought there, and that is only if an open date for Outlaws or they add some Western Series stuff. Will they have a big screen like Outlaws had?

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? June 05, 2017 07:18AM
Nobody cares about your big screen. #facts

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? June 05, 2017 01:25PM
Well yeah it is kinda nice, went to a ppl show without one, had no idea who was leading or where anyone finished, announcers never gave much info ...

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? June 06, 2017 03:46AM
It's time to let this go. I meant to post something on this before I went on vacation a couple weeks ago and forgot till this thread came up again. Yes, Outlaws and I are disappointed and surprised we are not going back to the Jason Hoffman Memorial Pull in Dunlap. IA. They decided to go a different direction and now so has Outlaws. I wish them the best of luck. Time to move on!
Attachments:
open | download - Outlaw Notice Letter 5.16.17.pdf (201 KB)
open | download - 2017 Dunlap Comittee letter.pdf (184.8 KB)
open | download - 2017 Dunlap Competitor letter.pdf (183.2 KB)
open | download - 2013 Jason Memorial book ad.pdf (251.8 KB)

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? June 06, 2017 08:45AM
I would like to start out by saying how hurt I feel about some of the comments about the Jason Hoffmann Memorial Pull and the lack of knowledge before making some of the comments. I would like to clarify a few things. First of all 2012 was the first time Dunlap had the Outlaws, as most of you know Jason also pulled following in his dads footsteps. After Jason passed the tractor pull committee came to us (John & Karen) and told us in honor of Jason they would like to name the tractor pull after Jason. We were so honored and we are so proud of our pull, the turn out that we have from year to year from pullers and spectators. Second of all I would like to say that the proceeds from Jason's pull does NOT go back to Hoffmann, it goes back to our community with donating to non profit organizations around town and it awards scholarships in Jason's memory. This year 4 scholarships were given to four different communities- so NO this money is not going to the Hoffmann's. It takes a lot to make a pull like this happen, organizing, fundraising, phone calls, and other details. I would like to give all the credit to the Outlaw organization, but its us that do all the leg work and get people here, and a lot has to do with the fact who we are and that it's in memory of Jason, not just the following of the Outlaws.

To address the comment about how many pulls we showed up to last year has nothing to do with us not wanting to pull or pulling with other orgainzations. John's dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had a lot of in and out of the hospital. We also had another family member diagnosed with cancer in June. We didn't make all the pulls because believe it or not our FAMILY is more IMPORTANT to us and we needed to be close to home to help take care of him. We don't and will never regret that time we had with him, because at the beginning of May he passed away. Which also brings up another hurtful thing, we have pulled for the last 25 years, and John's dad was almost always with us, and he also fed all the pullers in Dunlap for the last 5 years and when he passed nothing about his passing was posted on the Outlaw page, but everyone else that passed was put on the webpage.

This year we wanted nothing more than to have the Outlaws back but due to conflict with scheduling we had to do what was best for our pull to put on a good show. People in this neck of the woods like the noise, pickups and Mods. This year they were scheduled elsewhere and because of a conflict with the light limited mods class, they wouldn't be here either. We tried to still have an Outlaw pull but asking if we could co sanction with the Bush pullers so that we could still get some pickups and Mods here. At first we were told we could then we were told it was not an option. In the letter Doug posted it stated about we wanted a different announcer-False they wouldn't let an Outlaw announcer announce for the Bush pullers, nor would they let the big screen on during them pulling, John said the Bush announcer said he would announce for their classes and not charge us a thing, all John was saying is that we had that covered. We appreciate everything any of the techs, announcers of the Outlaws have done for us in years past. I wish the Outlaws organization could have worked with us on this but they couldn't or wouldn't so that is why it will be a Bush pull this year.

I don't like drama and choose not to have it in my life and I hate that the drama is connected to our son. The only reason why I'm posting this is to clarify a few of the comments. I'm not bashing the Outlaws nor do I have any intention of doing that and we do plan on pulling with them as much as possible this year. Matter of fact I will be pulling in Arlington, NE with my tractor this weekend. Again this year we won't be making all the pulls, John's dad Jim's passing is still fresh and we need to be available to help his mom when it's needed. Also we own a business and we can't neglect that to be gone so much. We love pulling it's something we have always done as a family but when you're gone every weekend and it becomes a second job it takes some of the fun away. We want to go have fun, enjoy ourselves, meet our fans and not have the pressure that we have to do good to win the points. Points is not everything-having fun and enjoying life is.

Also to the pullers, if any of you would like to hear the whole story from our perspective of how it came about that we are having a Bush pull, feel free to call John or Justin. There were things that were said to us that you would be very interested in hearing. Another clarification is that the pull committee was not drunk when they were having the phone conversation. They were having the conversation on speaker in a empty machine shed and some of the board members are older and feel the need to holler to talk on speaker. We are not offering this information freely because again don't feel the need to create drama but if any of you want the full story we have it. It's not because we didn't want the Outlaws in Dunlap.

I look forward to the pull this year and I know it will be a good pull no matter what organization comes to town. We have a lot of hard workers, and volunteers that will do everything in their power to not disappoint the crowd. So come on down to Dunlap August 12th and help us celebrate the 5th Jason Hoffmann Memorial Pull.

MOM

Re: Dunlap, IA now a Nebraska Bush pull? June 06, 2017 11:55AM
Way to go Karen, Awesome post!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009