SF Oil other than cenpeco June 25, 2009 11:55AM
What is a good oil for bearing life in a SF. I have been running cenpeco super racing 40. I have had good luck with it. I ordered 3 casses of it and did not ask the price. I think when I started I was paying $8 something a gallon.I know times have changed and last year it was like $13 something. I opened the invoice today and wow $15.98 a gallon. What the hell? So I am looking for a good alternative. I am not a cheapskate, but I think they are taking advantage of pullers big time. The price of oil is not what it was and that is what they blamed the $13 something last year on. We are getting ready to leave for Tomah and in the morning I will see those guys giving the big time pullers free stuff while the rest of us have to pay the bills. I never even got one of those can coolers. I understand if you want to play you have to pay, but I think they are getting to be jerks.

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 25, 2009 05:16PM
For the performance level of a SF, you can use used oil out of a push mower.
Check in the pits, there are barrells that other pullers dump their used oil into, just tip that barrell into your old CenPeCo jugs and your hay rake puller will run just fine!
Do you sell pillows with your tractor's picture on them?

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 12:05AM
I just woke up at the hotel and read this. Boy that realy hurts. I think the performance is pretty high when you get well over 1000 hp out of that little charger.

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 02:58PM
Yeah, I'm not a huge SF fan (I think they need a 3x4), but that was a cheap shot...

I'm a STRONG believer in Lucas Oil, I really am. I use it in my trucks and in my personal vehicles. You won't save money over what you were paying for Cen-Pe-Co, but it's great oil - whether you pull with them or not.

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 12:41AM
I would agree with you about paying big money only to see cenpeco shower the big guys with trinkets and gifts! it would make me feel like I was a lower caste puller also. Now I run either kendal or right now esso because thats whats in the barrel in my shop at the moment. I have been adding IXL additives right from the start with great success,just replaced the rod bearings after running em for the last 5 years+ have had a few fellas look at them and comment that they were still more then usable so I set them aside for whatever? BTW ignore the peanut gallery comments-jealousy will do that to people, so I have been told! good luck! Jim.

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 01:01AM
1st, for po'ed,,,, define "well over" when you quote 1000 HP.
For Jim, if you can run your bearings for 5 years on any old oil you have in the barrell at the shop, you just proved my point! You guys can run Wal-Mart brand oil and be fine.
Pass me a pillow, I'll go take a shower and take a nap while the SF's are running.

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 01:19AM
Correct any oil with the same API,ASTM ratings as the next best thing? take a vallium life's too short to be in a pissing match over something so trivial, have a great day!

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 02:00AM
chevron delo 30# works well for me.never any problems

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 02:13AM
wtf is SF lovers beef.that was pretty harsh

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 03:06AM
hitran caseih oil

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 04:10AM
VALVOLINE SYNTHETIC BLUE EXTREME 5W40

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 04:16AM
Don't laugh, but I've used the Traveler brand that is sold at Tractor Supply and it's been a really good oil. I was told by some drag racers that their builders and suppliers reccomended that oil. It's been good to me.

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 01:32PM
I was told by a engine builder to use Rotella T (spell check) at tractor supply or napa or anywhere in the U.S.

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 26, 2009 04:31PM
sounds like a bunch of cheapskate tractorpullers. i dont see any of those other oil brands with the exception of lucas putting up any money for sponsorships or points funds. cenpeco has long supported tractorpulling on both the state and local level. can you say that about these cheaper oils. sure it may cost more to use cenpeco but at least they are giving some of it back to the sport. and as far as only the big guys getting perks i can tell you that isnt the case with the cenpeco reps in illinois

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 27, 2009 12:59AM
I have not asked or received any preferential treatment from any oil company rep so I will run whatever oil I can get at the best price dropped on my shop floor, maybe a certain oil company sponsors pulling elsewhere but I doubt that is very wide spread? just my .02 now fire away!

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 27, 2009 03:23AM
Brad-Penn Racing Oil

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco June 27, 2009 06:41AM
After many miles of highway use, Shell Rotella T is my oil of choice.

Motor Kote goes in the engine, tranny and diffs to reduce friction and temperatures.

Re: SF Oil other than cenpeco July 07, 2009 10:13AM
I don't know why they are charging that price? I sell Cenpeco oil also and the price goes down the bigger size you buy. My highest price is $15.38 per gallon if you buy 20 gallons or less, $14.95 a gallon if you buy a 35 gallon drum, or $14.74 if you buy a 55 gallon drum. I know the oil is high but it is by far the best oil out there I am a strong believer in the oil that's why I became a dealer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009