Just wondering June 06, 2017 10:34AM
Is it getting harder to put a pull.Is it money or the volunteers .to me don't the pull benfit the town or not or is it the big associations like ntpa ,outlaws ,ppl benfit it more than the town what's people's​ inputs I my self travel to few pulls such pulls like Hutchinson mn rockvalley la wisner neb.

Re: Just wondering June 06, 2017 11:03AM
My opinion is the cost to get the bigger associations in like ntpa, ppl, outlaws etc.. is hard to justify for most towns. As for brush pulls Its hard anymore to find people willing to donate there time and equipment to build and maintain and pulling facility. It Takes a lot of good people to put on a pull and get it to run smooth and a lot of people don't like putting up with the headache. I myself feel rewarded when a pull I help with goes well and is complimented. The cost of the bigger associations at a cheaper level will easily exceed $10,000. Plus to put on a show of that caliber and try to get the fans in the stands to pay for it is very hard in some community's were racing or other sports are more well liked or watched.

OLY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 11:04AM by Oly.

Re: Just wondering June 06, 2017 12:17PM
I have offered to 3 people to help out, pull, drive, wrench and start a DSS and no takers. They don't need go spend a dime just time. 35 years ago I jumped at the opportunity to do that. Can't do it alone and my 10 year old boys and 66 year old mother I can not have them start it to take to a pull. Too many morals are in the way. Lord knows I have tried.
I do not have the time to dedicate to a tractor with 5 kids and a wife. Home is more important. It took years to figure that out. I do love the sport and would like for my kids to do the same. One boy has tried to get to run the antique tractor and can not push in the clutch. The rest is mastered. I will not let him do it until then.

Re: Just wondering June 06, 2017 01:28PM
Promoting a successful pull is a job to do it right. And by right I mean, promotion, preparation, execution. You have to give your pullers a warm welcome & run a fair show for them. A lot of places are forgetting how important it is to a serious competitior to have a fair shake in a class not just expecting them to put on a show. Track preparation is a dying art. It is getting harder to find competent people to stick to the gates & concessions. It takes ALL of this to insure a good event & 9 out of 10 times, the person(s) calling the shots at an event have never fielded a puller so they have no idea what needs to be done, as they are only looking to fill out a bank deposit on Monday morning.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro