Outlaws June 10, 2017 03:02AM
This is just to inform everyone that I am no longer the CEO of Outlaw Truck & Tractor Pulling Association. I resigned my position on Tuesday and now Kurt Van Beek is the full owner. When I sold half of Outlaws to Kurt 2 years ago I told him I would try to do this maybe 5 more years at the most, depending on the work load. The work load has been better, but a lot of different things brought me to this point. Mainly I just want to spend more time with family. With a young family and school starting during the Missouri State Fair, this was the first year that Carrie and the kids didn’t make it to the Iowa State Fair and first day of Wisner as Hope is in school. Now Jordan starts kindergarten this year and Ethan will be starting t-ball and things are just going to get busier in the summer. We would like to do different things as a family. After 22 years of spending 4 months a year on the road as president or owner I am looking forward to doing other things. We might be at a few events this summer to watch, we’ll just have to see how our schedule works out.

I am trying to make this a smooth transition and we are finishing up a few loose ends including the souvenir program, etc. Carrie designed the 35th Anniversary logo, t-shirt, and program cover. This year it will feature 3 active competitors with a combined 22 championships. She has always wanted to represent our brand with great merchandise. I want to thank Dave Bennett for all he has done for me over the years. His advice and knowledge has been invaluable in helping me make Outlaw decisions over the years. I would also like to thank Lori Bauer as she has been helping in some form or another for 20 years in such capacity as merchandise trailer, entry clerk, secretary and book keeping, etc. Thanks!

I like what the Outlaw members have accomplished over the last 20 years. We have such great members and promoters and that is what makes Outlaws go. You are our number one asset! Our competitors and promotors chose Outlaws and we know full well they can take their business elsewhere any time they want. Because of all of you it sure made my job easier getting Outlaws to where we are today. Thanks!

In the end sometimes a partnership doesn’t work out as well as you would have liked. Kurt and I have very different visions for what Outlaws should and could be and how to get there. So I think I could best help Outlaws at this time by resigning my position as CEO. Outlaws will always be our second family and we wish nothing but the best for the future. So Happy 35th Anniversary to the organization that is most near and dear to my heart. I have worked tirelessly the last 26 years to get it to this point, to make it fair, entertaining, and innovative. So we’ll see you down the road. EASY.
Thanks, Doug

Re: Outlaws June 10, 2017 07:04AM
Well thanks for your years of service, and willingness to try new things.

The new limits on some of tractor classes may be complained about by some outsiders, but do keep tractors coming back.
Far better than blowing a motor all over the track and being done for awhile.
The limits do work well for prostock, maybe they'll figure out limits for super stock and keep it from going away completely.

Re: Outlaws June 10, 2017 10:22AM
Thanks for your years of service Doug. In the 8 years of our Outlaw pull you have always treated us fair. There were times we didn't always agree but you were willing to work things out in the end. Thanks again Doug and I hope to see you on down the road,

Re: Outlaws June 10, 2017 10:37AM
Just a pulling fan, but I can speak from experience that sometimes people in leadership get put in bad spots. No matter what you decide, one group or the other will be angry. Some will hold grudges. One way to hurt an organization is to just try to please everyone, tell them what they want to hear, and worry about your own popularity. Congress does that and look at how little they get done. From my view on the sidelines, Doug made some major decisions that he thought were best for the future of his organization and from an unbiased point of view, one can see that it's worked out quite well.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,746, Posts: 229,888, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM