Water meth vs strait water June 14, 2017 05:43AM
Anyone care to share their pros and cons? I run strait water currently but could run a water meth mix. On a hot farm with a cooler

Re: Water meth vs strait water June 14, 2017 05:07PM
To the best of my knowledge its CHEATING

Re: Water meth vs strait water June 14, 2017 05:43PM
There is quite a bit more power in windshield washer fluid (about 20% methanol) than straight water.. HOWEVER as far as I know methanol is illegal in all pulling associations

Re: Water meth vs strait water June 15, 2017 02:19AM
Thank you. Was just curious as to how it reacts. I have no intent of running it anywhere that it is illegal.

Re: Water meth vs strait water June 16, 2017 12:34AM
I have been using the cheep Walmart -20 degree windshield washer fluid. What I consistantly see is substantial power increase over just H2O.. The way it works is that the meth in the water vaporizes faster than just water and cools the charge air much better. And the alcohol also has some fuel. Alcohol also seems to help the diesel burn You have to be careful to not go any more than 50% alky with the water or you run the risk of melting pistons. (dont ask how I know this)

Re: Water meth vs strait water June 16, 2017 12:39AM
Do you use the same size pills in your nozzles, or do you change them?

Re: Water meth vs strait water June 17, 2017 03:01PM
I sized my nozzles specifically for the -20 washer fluid.. I have 6 port nozzles and one in the face of the wheel.. 220psi 12v pump that come on full at 35psi manifold.

Re: Water meth vs strait water June 16, 2017 02:06AM
I used to pull years ago in a farm class where basically anything went.. We ran a 40 percent mix of straight methanol and water all year with no problems. For one hook we bumped it to 50 percent and lifted the head...on a 3K RPM 600 with a 2.75" charger. It was pretty spectacular for a brush pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms