Robert's Pulling Team June 28, 2009 03:48AM
One big surprise this weekend at Tomah is the know show of the Robert's pulling team. Are they taking a break from pulling or are they having some type of disagreement with the NTPA. If they leave the NTPA will loose not only good tractors but also alot of sponsorship.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 28, 2009 04:30AM
they were certainly missed by this fan and a couple other guys around me. All i heard are rumors as to why they wern't there and I don't know if any of them are true. They could have used three more mods!

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 28, 2009 08:57AM
Two of the toys were in Eldora last night at the PPL show. Ryans toys and big toy two. Both had very unusual runs less than 290 feet for either of them. Bob Campbell almost got um with his super farm. Heard rumors that the NTPA upset them so they didnt go to Tomah. Dont know any of the truth behind it just telling ya what I saw and heard

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 29, 2009 03:41AM
If you noticed there were no R & L Carriers banners on the track. From what I heard they offered LARGE money to the points fund if V8's were banned in super stock open. Sounds like good competition to me.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 29, 2009 04:26AM
So you mean to say that V8's are banned from PPL?...

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 29, 2009 04:28AM
I heard Roberts whent to PPL cuz of the issuses with the NTPA

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 03:23AM
Wow, that's real insightful. If I had a juicy scoop like that I'd be worried about sharing it on a message board.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 03:35AM
larry has found out again as with the turbines that he just can't buy his way in and out of everything like he thinks he can

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 04:19AM
Roberts mods fit better in PPL and PPL has made the 650 alky class one of premire classes. NTPA has a bad mod class and they promoted the Light Super and Diesel Supers over the big alkies. PPL is better for all roberts tractros.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 01:44PM
Why ban the V-8s when you can beat them??? When was the last V-8 championship won?? Maybe NTPA should wake up before they loose all there pullers!!!!

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 01:57PM
NTPA has a bad mod class? I dont think so -- were you at Tomah for instance?

Dont know much about PPL, but that comment about NTPA mods is not accurate.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 01:59PM
NTPA had 12 mods at Tomah. Not to bad of a class but less than any PPL hook this year. There were about 20 mods at the PPL hook in Knoxville.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 02:09PM
This may be just rumor but I heard that roberts wanted to put $50,000 in each point fund over and above his other his other sponsorship. The NTPA wanted there percentage out of that and Roberts said no, long story short he pulled his sponsorship and went to the PPL. At least thats what I heard at Tomah this weekend.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 07:59PM
.I can't imagine Larry having a problem with the NTPA getting their percentage, it cost money to run a good organization, and as far as the V-8 thing goes, can't see it either. A 6 on alky will run competitively with a V-8 and they have had no problems in the past. I can't see dropping the V-8s because then you basicly lose the Massey Furgusons, Allis Chalmers, Agcos, Whites, you get the picture. Nobody really knows except Larry and the NTPA staff, that's why a rumor is just that, a rumor! I have heard several and have yet to hear one that really seems like it fits. One thing is for sure though IF they don't get it worked out the Roberts' will be missed, not only for sponsorship, but by fans as well. PPL is a great program, but the Roberts' teambelongs in the NTPA and instaed of spreading rumors and this and that lets just hope it gets worked out. Granted Larry is loaded and throws tons of money into his machines, he also throws tons of money into the sport. Not to mention the discount R & L gives to pullers and all of the young pullers that he has helped out. I just hope they get it worked out guys!

Re: Robert's Pulling Team June 30, 2009 10:53PM
The true story is larry called dave and said money is alittle tight i cant give ntpa as much and Dave said all or none so he said i will go to ppl thats why no R+l signs at Tomah.ppl said thank you very much.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team July 01, 2009 02:13AM
What is their percentage of 0?That story is true.The only thing is that he wanted it to go to the pullers.He's spending it why can't he say where it goes?Now instead of helping the pullers out they lost out totaly.Looks like they took care of the pullers at Tomah to!When is everyone going to realize that the pullers are the ones with the big $ in their tractors.Without them there is no show.Why not take care of them if someone wanted to give that kind of money to them?

Re: Robert's Pulling Team July 01, 2009 02:21AM
Why? That's simple...because it's Dave! No different than the Catapiller deal falling thu, as a matter a fact, the exact same come to think of it. Dave gets his cut first or the pullers get nothing. It's only history repeating itself.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team July 01, 2009 02:46AM
I like NTPA, I support NTPA, and I probably will continue to do so in some capacity in the future. However, I am truly liking a lot of things that I am seeing from PPL and am seriously considering throwing some support their way. NTPA/WPI seems to be viewing pullers as their employees and almost ignoring the fact that that pullers are their company. With no pullers, there is no NTPA/WPI. I don't know the story of why Roberts pulled his sponsorship from NTPA. It's a shame, no matter what the reason. I will say this, if one of the previous posts is true and he offered big money specifically for class sponsorship and NTPA wanted to use some of that money for administrative costs, all pullers, not only Roberts, should be outraged. And, NTPA should be highly embarrassed. This is a lot like some of the big charities out there. A person makes a donation to that charity and a big bunch of the money goes to pay someone sitting at a desk rather than helping the people that it was intended for. I realize NTPA needs money to function. Sanctioning fees, membership fees, Chevy Trucks, etc. go toward this. To tell a person willing to sponsor a big points fund that some of that money is going to be used administratively is absurd. That is a slap in the face of the pullers.

With that said, I don't know what NTPA's side of this issue is. They might have a good argument for the reasons things happened the way they did. I would love to hear their side as would a lot of others. If it turns out that there was unreasonable stipulations to the money on Roberts part, maybe NTPA was doing pullers a favor and looking out for their best interest??!! I'm trying very hard not to takes sides in this issue because I don't have the facts. However, as I mentioned previously, it does seem like a couple of higher up's in NTPA/WPI are viewing pullers as pawns to advance themselves and that needs to stop.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team July 01, 2009 03:35AM
It is the same as when Dave told an Ohio club meeting that was voteing on whether or not to leave the NTPA " if we gave you more money you would just spend it" I was there and I heard him say it, so this isn't a I heard it from a friend story, needless to say after that the club voted 100% to leave, the sad thing is this is that this is the thinking of the WPI management and it is not going to change until there is a major management change at the NTPA/WPI and the way the stock is controlled now the change can't happen unless Dave wants it to.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team July 01, 2009 05:48AM
Not that I belive NTPA is looking out for the puller first, but he did have a valid point. I read in a racing magazine once that racers have to be saved from themselves; I'd say pullers are no different. Personal spending rises to meet income & it's no different in motorsports.

Once I was considering buying a Mod. I asked a mod puller how much it cost to maintain one (thinking how long between rebuilds & etc). He responded 'not trying to be a smart (alec) but all you have & then some'.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team July 04, 2009 06:00PM
sounds like the france family at nascar, hell with the drivers/fans

Re: Robert's Pulling Team July 05, 2009 07:16AM
Its sad that Eldora had essentially the same quality of a pull as Tomah. The NTPA is going to be completely gone in just a few short years. They just don't get it, money is everything, and that comes through sponsors and sometimes individuals like the Roberts and R & L. In the real world sometimes its necessary to give alittle to gain alittle.

The 3 big classes in pulling are still the Mods, Supers, and Pro's...all 3 of which are dominated by the PPL. Heck, after this year the NTPA isn't even going to have Pro's. It's just another sign of how poorly run the NTPA is, I thought the NTPA was the most invincible pulling body ever. I thought it was the ATPA/PPL that would fold up after a few years.

Thankfully some others here in Ohio with the OSTPA could see the future better than me. Switching over to the PPL has been the best thing to ever happen to the OSTPA, our numbers, money, and pull quality is better than ever. And now we are going to have the Roberts pull in some of the better state events instead of going on the NTPA circuit which will just further raise the quality of the OSTPA/PPL sanctioning body.

It really boils down to the simple fact that nowdays the NTPA needs the pullers more than the pullers need the NTPA. The NTPA just can't seem to get that through their head. The PPL is paying out the money because of their bigtime sponor Lucas Oil, that puts up a better show, which brings in more fans, which leads to more money, more sponors.

The PPL is simply a better run business than the NTPA.

Re: Robert's Pulling Team July 05, 2009 10:37AM
Eldora as good as Tomah NOT , eldora 1 slanted track Tomah 2 flat and downhill sloped tracks
Try Again ostpa dude

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason