bfg powersavers vrs firestone sat July 06, 2017 12:10AM
looking at getting some 20.8/38 or 42,watching yt most seem to use the sat or bfg,the sat has much more leading edge it appears,and a steeper bar angle too.why do the bfg tires seem so popular ??,is it just their more readily available ??,or is there a mechanical reason ??,I'm assuming both are radial type also,and comparable in weight....

Re: bfg powersavers vrs firestone sat July 06, 2017 01:48AM
BFG's are superior on dry hard tracks, Firestone's do great on softer tracks with a little more moisture, at least form my experience. Obviously every tire is different, and every track is different, but my class (Extremely competitive 2.3 turbo, factory style pump, 12mph, 12,000 lbs) in Missouri seems to be split. BFG's do better on dryer hard tracks, Firestone's do better on wet tracks, which we have had a lot of this year. BFG's are less available than Firestone's because most of the BFG's have been used by pullers. Either way, I'd use either brand as long as you can find a sharp barred tire with less than 50% tread.

Re: bfg powersavers vrs firestone sat July 07, 2017 02:47AM
Firestone SAT are Super All Traction bias tires. Many people are running RAT- Radial All traction. They look very similar. They function differently of course.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro