Iowa City Pull July 29, 2017 03:49PM
I have a question for the fair board of the IOWA CITY, IA Fair or the club that was there the night of the truck and tractor pull. Not sure but some one in the crowd said it was Twin States. The club that was there with the trucks some of the drivers were not very polite. They all parked their trucks right in front of us so none of the spectators could even see the track. They were asked to move the trucks so we all could see the track, but they refused to move. When the tractors came up they only had 2 or 3 tractors come up at a time so they didn't block the view of the people watching. The truck pullers also were very rude to the spectators. There was a spectator that asked to have him move the truck and the driver started yelling at the spectator. Poor sportsmen ship on the behalf of the truck puller. If they want people to come and watch their show then they should be more considerate to the people that are paying to see them. With attitudes like the truck drivers we all dealt with that night, it will be a long time before my group of pals come to see them. If they would only send up a few at a time so not to block the view of the spectators. Hope they will do some changes for next year. The pull was a good one otherwise.

Re: Iowa City Pull August 01, 2017 02:02PM
If we was taking about the same spectator, If not, the spectator that we seen was yelling at the driver to move his blank blank truck, his language he used would have made me as a driver very upset as they are told to be staged and ready, I believe that spectator was a puller himself and he showed GREAT professionalism........ and with the little spat that had started we simply moved our son from the situation, and went across the track where the issue was then resolved. And enjoy the rest of the show!

Now don't get me wrong, one class of trucks in particular could have moved along little faster and been hooked up little fast. but when its a free pull to watch by a fairgrounds like Johnson County, we could be patience. How many pulls do we go to and its free?
Maybe staging of equipment could be worked upon next year, or sit on the other side of the track?

Thank you Johnson County Fairgrounds for providing a free entrance to the grounds every year and the wonderful selection of food and pulling out all those pullers after the show that got stuck.

Re: Iowa City Pull August 01, 2017 04:04PM
And I must add the spectator that used the bad language to a driver infront of our son wasn't a twin state member, and to clarify both Twin States and East Central Iowa was represented at that pull.

Re: Iowa City Pull August 11, 2017 07:06AM
I know the language was not very appropriate, but from what I am hearing it was a Twin States puller and all he would have had to do was just move the truck for the spectators on that side of the track. The puller should not have argued with the spectator and it would not of gone as far as it did. I am not sure how it got so out of hand, but at least someone on our side of the track stood up to the truck puller to have him move so everyone could see, but then all the other trucks came and no one could see. How rude is it when pullers park right in front of the stands and no one can see the track. I am not saying anything bad about either club, they both have some good pulling equipment. Just thought I would bring up that the truck pullers could have some respect for the spectators that more that likely are followers of the clubs.

Re: Iowa City Pull August 11, 2017 07:39AM
I used to pull there several years ago when they had the full ECI show and we used to scale in front of the spectators. Glad some changes were made I'm sure next year they will have the problem solved.

Re: Iowa City Pull August 02, 2017 02:39AM
ECITPA did NOT pull any pickups at Iowa City, according to results on ECITPA web site.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009