Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 04, 2017 05:03AM
As the self-proclaimed unofficial #1 fan of the Light Pro class, I have a question for the Light Pro pullers and those of you who may have interest in building one. If Light Pro were to allow the removal of the OEM bell-housing and the OEM transmission housing (if applicable) but still require a tractor rear-end, would that bridge the gap between pullers who want component chassis and those who do not? I realize many of you will say you might as well go full-on component then. However, we all know there are some who will never be in favor of component chassis in a class like Light Pro but might accept a compromise of giving pullers the option to remove these housings and go with a full length frame. This would ease maintenance and allow for a common spec on the placement of the block (an issue I know some pullers have raised) and help with the weight balance of the tractor at 8500 lbs. (another issue raised in Light Pro). If this keeps the "tractor rear-end" purists happy, balances out some “shortcomings” of certain brands and attracted component junkies to the class, then it seems like a good idea. It would offer virtually all the same benefits of a full-blown component chassis; keep a stock-based tractor a little more "stock" and possibly attract even more color and competitors to the class.

Your thoughts???

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 04, 2017 07:34AM
I have to agree,I think that it would help the green tractor guys. I really like the idea of a common block placement rule.

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 04, 2017 07:43AM
I love the idea of trying to find a happy medium. But basically that would be a component tractor but, instead of using a Rockwell rear end, using an IH, John Deere, or ect rear end. Is there any good reasons not to go to component chassis in this class?? or the limited pro class?? or any class using 24.5 tires or bigger?? And don't say, because it is not tractor anymore. Because a "tractor" didn't come with a 5 speed Profab, Aluminum Wheels, Firestone puller tires, Billet cylinder head, tube frame....

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 04, 2017 07:50AM
It would be another "lets help the John Deere tractor rule." Would this help any other color? Don't you think we have all spent enough money in this class? If they want that, there are 2 other classes that allow that. They are called Pro Stock and Super Stock. The class is competitive now with the red and green tractors. I don't know why we need to make a change.

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 04, 2017 09:50AM
I agree that the class is fine where it is at now.
-Collin Birkholz

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 04, 2017 09:57PM
I aggree,as stated above,LEAVE IT ALONE,there are classes that run components,build or buy for one of those classes if you want to run component,NO NEED to change what apparently is already working great.

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 05, 2017 12:22AM
I have talked to a couple National SF and PS pullers that would love to build for the class under two co editions. One being that they need rules that allow for just what Wayne is proposing and two is the class to be a points championship class in either one of the two National organizations. I am not sure if a rule change this far in the class is possible, however I believe that it's a good conversation to have about growth of the class. I for one am always in favor of rules that allow more color and a larger field of vehicles that can compete on level playing surface.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 05, 2017 01:52AM
We do not need to change anything in the light pro class it is good only thing that needs to be done is get more hooks for it in other areas, ya its huge in region two and getting a descent following in Wisconsin but other areas lack it due too there being no hooks or tractors which I'm sure would show up or more tractors be built if there were hooks for them to attend closer or nationally a class for them to do a points chase in. The changing of rules and adding classes needs to stop period in my opinion it makes it real hard for pullers to keep up with all the changes and rule modifications

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 05, 2017 08:53AM
Agreed completely

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 06, 2017 10:22AM
I have been advocating for the Light Pros to be a Grand National class for several years.

First, a check of the NTPA website and filter on Excel shows 56 Light Pros have claimed points at NTPA Regional National events this year. I would bet there would be more than 10 vehicles willing to get those 10 Pre-Commit spots.

Second, if you look at Grand National events that have the Light Pros on the schedule as a RN class, that would be Tomah, Ft Recovery x 2, Monroe, Wapakoneta, Greenville x 2 (7 hooks). If it was a GN class, Tomah would probably add a 2nd hook and I have to believe Bowling Green would make every effort to work in 2 hooks for the class since it's in the heart of Light Pro country. In fact, I maintain if you add the Reg. 3 and 4 tractors plus per hook guys from Interstate that may come over, BG would probably get 50+ entries (and fees) if they could find a way to add the class.

That 's 10 hooks and I could see another couple events as well. One caution- if this is added as a GN class, I hope NTPA will not over-schedule it like they did their Light SS class a few years back. I could also see Benson, NC adding the class as well. BTW- there are more Light Pros in North Carolina now than Super Farms. Region III had double digits and more are being built ever year.

Third, since there is no turbo size limit, I would submit a case could be made that Light Pros are in line with what a "National" class should be. I personally would welcome components in the class but that's something for the pullers to decide during rule making process.

Finally, there is red, green, orange, and blue in the class. It's growing and has color, and there is no dominant tractor. Almost anyone of them could win any time out. People sometimes complain about the same vehicles winning all the time in other classes. Well, that isn't an issue in Light Pro.

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 06, 2017 11:52AM
Definitely, and yes it would benefit all colors equally!

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 05, 2017 01:35PM
First off, if you think the light limited pro (and heavy limited pro, AND super farm) do not already have Rockwell rears in them, and pro fab transmissions in them, you need to get up to speed on what is REALLY in these tractors.
Not all have them, but some do.
Second, there is NO REASON to add light limited pro, or limited pro to a national level of pulling. Super farm needs removed from that level as well.
Only reason SF is currently a GN class in NTPA is, they are a cash cow, or an ATM for NTPA. PERIOD!

Re: Would this make the Light Pro class even better??? August 06, 2017 11:44AM
So SF is cash cow for NTPA but not PPL ?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009