Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 12:43AM
The show at Langford was good but the national part was waaaaay to slow, ESP did a much better job of running there part of the show. Pretty sad when the local guys make the national guys look so slow.

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 01:01AM
Where were all the empire light supers to help support the ntpa show? It was good that the nytpa clowns weren't there

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 02:37AM
What time did they finish the last class?

The problem, at least in my view, was track grooming. Way too much time spent scraping and rolling and scraping and rolling. Were two rollers, two scrapers, and that damned rake on a bobcat really necessary? I wish someone would take that rake and dump it in the pond behind the bleachers. Then well over an hour of digging the track up after ESP was finished. I'd mostly lost interest by the time ESP was done.

The weather was good, the food was good,

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 02:55AM
12:38 in the am

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 03:56AM
Obviously you have no idea Mr. "Scoop" on what it takes to keep a track in shape for almost 140 hooks in a day of top level truck and tractor pulling. 10 classes in 12 hours with pullloffs, breakage, and track prep between sessions is pretty darn good

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2017 01:42AM by JSchmitz.

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 09:53AM
Total number of hooks ?

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 01:13PM
I wouldn't blame the track crew. After the sled was in position they had to wait forever for the next tractor to fire up and back into the sled. There should have been an official there to get them up to the line.

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 01:40PM
Are you saying NTPA was way too slow compared to ESP? Or do you mean the national LLSS was way too slow compared to ESP?

At least in midwest, NTPA always has one of their officials keeping the staging running smoothly and efficiently. I would assume it was for Langford, too.

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 02:40PM
I was at Langford yesterday with my son William. This is his second year going (he's 3 ½) and I'm hoping it will be an annual tradition for us. Langford is, and always has been, one of the best events in NY. It was one of my favorite pulls as a kid because they always put on an awesome show and always tried to make the show better and better every year. They still continue in that tradition.

That said, I was also a little disappointed in the show speed yesterday. The NTPA started on time at exactly noon and only had 45 hooks total but it took FOREVER to run three classes. My son made it through the LSS class and halfway through the minis before he was bored and hungry. Admittedly he was bored well before that because you can't have 8 seconds of entertainment every 6 minutes and expect to keep kids interested. William and I grabbed lunch and made some rounds in the pits and he played with some logos at a friends hauler. Everyone at the hauler commented on how much the show seemed to slow down and drag. We headed back to the stands for the 4wd pulloff and I think ESP started their show around 4:00 (maybe later). Four hours to do 45 hooks is way too long outdoors. Heck, Louisville can usually do more hooks indoors in three hours, and that's with all the hassle, constrictions, and constants that come with indoor pulling. Outdoor should be quicker and easier.

The NTPA has first rate vehicles to put on a first rate show but their show speed was not what should be expected or accepted from a national organization.

ESP did a much better job keeping the show rolling and if the NTPA was quicker ESP would have finished at around 6pm instead of 7ish.

Making a late night later... the decision to tear-up a decent track was also pretty perplexing. A few passes with the grader to level things off would have been all that was needed. Heck, at that point the track only had 80ish hooks on it! That's essentially one Superfarm class in Bowling Green. Some track maintenance was required, a complete tear-up was a momentum killer and unnecessary. William and I left at about 9:30 (right after the LSS class) and I couldn't help but be annoyed and a little disappointed that we didn't see more action per minute. Missing the LLSS was a huge disappointment.

As I said in the beginning of this rant, I'll be back next year. I heard multiple rumors and ramblings of it being a 2-day event next year and I sure hope that's true. I'd love to see them go to stock pulls on Saturday morning/afternoon then WNY Pro Pulling Series/LLSS National Tour on Saturday evening followed by NTPA GN as the headline act. Then have ESP and NTPA GN on Sunday afternoon. That would be my perfect line-up for a pulling weekend in WNY. Honestly I can't wait for 2018 since my son will be another year older and he'll appreciate it more. Langford will continue to improve like they do every year and I thoroughly hope the NTPA is back, but I hope the NTPA finds a sense of urgency and runs the show at a much quicker pace. They are supposed to be the leader and instead they got upstaged by a state organization.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2017 02:41PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Late night at Langford August 07, 2017 04:23PM
I thought the noon NTPA pull moved along fine. Once drivers hooked to the sled they were they were given greens and off they went. A 2 track set up might be needed but I think the pull went about as fast as it could go... the LLSS were a bit disappointing but then again when you are hooking after midnight your class would have to be flawless to keep everyone's attention.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009