Pro stock motor in light super August 08, 2017 03:17PM
Just wondering,how would a diesel pro stock motor in a component light super compete with 30s on and enough gear,think it would b interesting.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 08, 2017 03:20PM
Brian's King of Deeres was a prostock competing in DSS with 30.5s, biggest problem is a prostock is 640ci and LSS are limited to 504.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 08, 2017 03:26PM
I know their 640,but that would make for a good show,diesels against alcohol,one charger against three,big difference in cubes,but i think i would even out,would love to see it.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 12:44AM
What is the cubic inch limit in DSS?

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 08, 2017 07:11PM
For the record pro stocks can be 680 plus 1% , it would be interesting to see someone get a pro to hook at 6200 since they were on here not long ago stating that the ability to hook a pro was being compromised at 10000.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 01:11AM
I feel getting the smokers back in the LSS class makes for a much better show! Something that has been missing for a long time.

I am sure if you allowed a PS motor in the class and they did good it would not make the alcohol guys happy. The crowd may love it.

I don't know what the answer is to get a smoker competitive, but it could help grow the sport to have them running against each other.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 01:16AM
Outlaws & Nebraska Bush Pullers both allow a similar combination in their cast iron light super class. You can run a 640 cubic inch single charger diesel in the class (Outlaws limit them to a 4.1" turbo & Nebraska Bush limits them to a 4.8" turbo).

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 02:23AM
Allen,

Is anyone running that combo?

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 11:13AM
Gary Remmers Case "the Hustler" big diesel n single, Erv Hake JD "Wildfire" big diesel n single , Brad Bruhn JD "Crazy Train" big diesel n single Troy Anderson "American Pride" big diesel n single These are Nebraska Bush guys I know there are a few in Outlaw but not sure of names.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 11:43AM
How do they run and compete ?

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 06:33PM
Smoke Fan
I feel getting the smokers back in the LSS class makes for a much better show! Something that has been missing for a long time.

I am sure if you allowed a PS motor in the class and they did good it would not make the alcohol guys happy. The crowd may love it.

I don't know what the answer is to get a smoker competitive, but it could help grow the sport to have them running against each other.

I am thinking that you need to come to an ISP or ITPA lss pull sometime.There are diesels there that run really good and they are within the cubic inch limits of the class. I am alcohol and have nothing but respect for the diesel guys that have worked their butts off and have done their homework.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 10, 2017 09:41AM
Agreed. Saw little bad all is put a monster run down in Effingham. Right up there with the jd alcohol.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 10, 2017 08:30PM
Jdfan
Agreed. Saw little bad all is put a monster run down in Effingham. Right up there with the jd alcohol.

And that JD alcohol has nothing but respect for that allis also. I know that for a fact.
That track at Altamont was hard on all of us but we all went back to the trailers fine. That's not what I heard about the outcome from the night before.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 03:50AM
The outfits that allow both in the same class also seem to change the class rules on a yearly basis. Just look at this forum every spring. I'm just glad PPL and NTPA aren't buying into it.

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 09, 2017 03:03PM
Sometimes you gotta work together to have numbers out west especially not in a national organization

Re: Pro stock motor in light super August 10, 2017 07:47AM
I agree, need to work together and come up with ONE class instead of 2 .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro