Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 02:24PM
Just wondering how many people think the best days of pulling are behind us? Who else gets tired of driving several hours to get one chance to pull? Back in the day if you choose the right tractor you could pull the 5,7,9&12 lb class! Know you have one shot! Just curious on feedback from other pullers!

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 02:26PM
Yep,i use to 7 an 9,had alot of fun back then.

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 02:47PM
Yep for sure

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 03:16PM
Definitely over with.

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 03:25PM
The one thing that I have seen and learned since the beginning, from when I was just watching until now when I am pulling with my own tractors is
everything always makes a full circle you just need to see it threw.

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 03:36PM
yep, used to pull 3 times a night. was a little squirly in the 5. good in the 7. midpack in the 9. even hooked a 12 class a time or two but not often. i sure hated throwing that many weights but we had a good crew with us and lots of fun.. now its just a money game with billet everything.

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 06:55PM
Old school
Just wondering how many people think the best days of pulling are behind us? Who else gets tired of driving several hours to get one chance to pull? Back in the day if you choose the right tractor you could pull the 5,7,9&12 lb class! Know you have one shot! Just curious on feedback from other pullers!

I think the best days of pulling are in front of us yet if people really want to work on REAL tractors.

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 07:49PM
The best days are behind us if we hang on to the past as the standard.

I loved the 90s. But I also realize my 13 yr old self had a different vantage point than my current self.

Pulling is different and changed a lot. But there are 13 yr olds out there today that think this is the greatest and will be 40 and think the best pulling is gone.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2017 02:56AM by AV.

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 14, 2017 11:57PM
In my mind the golden age of pulling has been gone for several years. For me it was every tractor even if it was the same color was built different and unique unto its own. It seemed the guy in the seat was the one who built it and didn't just write a check. Not that I'm bashing anyone it was just simply a different time. The modified class was always cool cause there were so many different setups and engine configurations you never knew what was showing up. Plus it was cool with same tractors running different weights you were able to see them run a couple times a night of course they only had 3 specific classes back then so it made it way less confusing as to what your watching. Now every component tractor looks virtually identical other than the tin and even those are starting to resemble each other. Not to mention the hoods don't even match what's supposed to be under them.There is so many classes who can tell what super pro limited whatcha call it is running and with race sleds it doesn't even matter cause they can make a 800hp tractor run down the track just as fast as a 1800hp tractor. The mod class is mainly automotive v8s or turbines and they're chassis all look alike too. For me and again this is just my opinion I don't care to watch anything bigger than super farm because to me anything above that is just a boring cookie cutter store bought puller. I'm not trying to instigate an argument or insult anyone those are just my insignificant opinions.

Re: Are the best days of tractor pulling behind us? August 15, 2017 12:25AM
Behind us. Just like Nascar. Died with the any sheet metal any block rule and the allowance of the Hyper block. Even worse we now allow billet blocks. Should just go on and allow Hemis (not being sarcastic).

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,640, Posts: 229,706, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520