Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 06:15AM
Just talked to my dad and Dennis Goodwin. Enjoy

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 07:26AM
Rain missed for the most part, just split at Des monies and went around both sides. 145 entries sounds pretty low as always 175 to 200 entries in years past.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 08:20AM
Well , pulling has been in a decline for years now so those numbers are expected, the numbers from years past are long gone in all organizations but I don't think the state fair has ever seen 200.....

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 08:43AM
Been over 200 many a time. One year had over 50 Super Farms in one class. The Outlaw website results shows 180 vehicles hooking last year. If this post if 145 is right that is about 1/4th the vehicles as last year.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 11:30AM
The ulss and dss were low on numbers because of breakage but that can happen late in the season. A decent show overall, kept it moving right along.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 11:50AM
This pull is the same time every year, so that excuse wont fly. Six classes didn't even have 10 in each class. Just 4 of the unlimited supers, 6 of the diesel supers, 7 of the light supers and just 4 of the diesel trucks. A course you had about 20 in each of the 3 truck classes which was over half the vehicles. By far the worst pull I have seen at the fair since Outlaws has been coming here and time for the board to look for a different group to come in here next year.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 12:19PM
Why won't that excuse fly ? I know of several tractors that are done for the season, yes the pull is the same time every year, but if tractors are going to fail it will typically be mid/late season and most will hang it up for the year, it's not like they leave the tractors in the shed waiting for the state fair to come around, i also know several don't bother to go because of the nature of the track.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 12:35PM
Stupid is what stupid believes. Let's see, same time as always and with less events for Outlaws this year which equals less hooks on vehicles in past years, that theory don't hold water. Same track every year, so try another excuse. I am disappointed by the fact they had 3 big screens last year to keep up on the action and none this year. What a difference a year makes and a lot of fans felt the same as me. I have always been a big supporter of Outlaw pulling and they saved pulling here in Iowa when they started coming up here 20 years ago. Might be time for a change now!

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 12:42PM
Yep, you're right , they all have a timer on them for when they are going to break, born green -broke , chance encounter -broke , the weapon- broke , haleys comet (now Elenor " - broke , lost -broke ,scrappy -broke , adrenaline -broke, Leopold (witworths) - broke these are only the ones I know of , I'm sure their timers all went off at different times Winking

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 01:09PM
Every year different ones break and are done for the year. So you are say about 40 vehicles broke this year with less events before the Iowa State Fair. That's about how many where missing from last year. Did Outlaws turn the rules loose or what caused this.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 01:34PM
One might consider the farming economy?? While not all pullers are farmers it's fair to say the majority are, and I don't know where every one is from, but around here things have gotten a little tight as far as extra cash, yes this started over a year ago, but people are finally feeling the effects, with that said some maybe not all but some folks decided to leave the toys at home and only pull events of their choice, but no one says they have to pull anywhere, so if they aren't pulling with the outlaws like in years past where are they pulling? If they aren't seen all summer anywhere, they are probably taking a break for the good of their farm,family, or business.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 03:07PM
Let's see the numbers from Wisner, then we can pass judgement on the last pull at the Iowa state fair!
With the threat of rain, there are probably many that skipped the crappy pulling track at the ISF and went straight to Wisner. Or will go to Wisner.
It would be interesting to hear why at least ONE video board wasn't at the ISF!!!!!!!!
After all, it IS (was), the LAST tractor pull to be held at the state fair grounds!
No matter how much sunshine the fair manager and fair board blows up everyone's rectum, this was it !

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 10:12PM
There was lots of fans in the stands that didn't think they got there money's worth. For one the 3 big screens have been one of the best things in recent years and hard sometimes to keep up with what's going on with the sound system and noise. Then to have that much less show than last year was disappointing with it being the last year. The fans did our part and turned out for the last pull, you would have thought the pullers would have also. Some pullers had been coming here for years.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 19, 2017 10:30PM
According to the Outlaw app Wisner was off about like the ISF this year. 40 less rigs at ISF this year and 35 less at Wisner. Just an off year for outlaws, no other way to look at it. Be interesting to see if this trend continues into next year.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 09:13PM
I'm sure the rain forecast kept alot of vehicles, one time hook vehicles,etc away.
Forecast said 80-100 percent chance of rain.
Looked like it was gonna get washed out, til mid afternoon or so.

There wasn't alot of room, with pit area cut down to half of what was last year.

The video signboard truck was parked in the corner of the pits all day, guessin the fair didn't want it put up.
The fair was videoing some of the pull for their fair tv show anyways.

The fan in the stand should have got their moneys worth, they started the show alittle early and didn't take a break all day long,
to get show in, in case of rain.
I thought for last pull at the fair it went pretty well.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 10:19PM
Not sure why they didn't take a break. Once the rain came through there was plenty of time for pull. A lot of people came in late expecting to see the pull go to till 9:30 or so and didn't get to see much. Some had bought tickets in advance and just come for the 6:30 pull when they usually have the better stuff.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 16, 2017 11:34PM
Boy you can't satisfy everybody. The weather station was saying a big storm was rolling in at 6. If they would have taken a break and you didn't get to see the whole pull you would have complained even more! If you don't like it, don't come back! I thought it was a great fast pace show! As far as you people talking numbers. Alot of people are broke down, didn't come because of the rain, or because of the economy.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 12:16AM
I think when you pay to get in the fair, pay to get in the grandstand or the infield and then get this kind of entertainment that wasn't what you were expecting or had in the past you most certainty have the right to complain. Make all the excuses you want but most fans are dealing with the same economy as the pullers and we showed up. Just saying!

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 12:59AM
So you are saying that the $40 you spent with your gas in your car and entry to go to the pull is the same as a puller who has the cost of there pulling vehicle, trailer, and there semi? 18 tires on there rig and 4 on yours. 6 mpg in there rig and 25 mpg in yours. 5000 miles a summer traveling to go pulling for them and 200 miles a summer you travel to go pulling. just saying! The pullers need us the fans and us fans need the pullers.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 01:48AM
Seriously you people were complaining about 147 hooks done in five hours with 12 different classes to watch some people just can never be satisfied , as far as the big screen I'm sure that was a decision made by the Iowa State fair board as it was on the grounds and could've been used had they chose to pay for it.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 02:36AM
The maturity level on this post is amazing. Whine about everything. Oh they didn't take a break? How dare they keep the show moving. Just need something to cry about.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 03:13AM
First of all you are stretching the numbers as my Outlaw app had 135 hooks and good thing I have the app as couldn't here announcer and no big screen. People have the right to complain when you change the start time and they miss some pulling which some considered the classes they wanted to see the most. Some always come after work to see the pull since it's on a Wednesday and it was basically over. I heard that Outlaws had jacked the prices up so high on the big screen that it wasn't rented this year. Regardless this was about the poorest pull they have had at the state fair since I started coming over 20 years ago. A lot of bad choices were made by someone on the big screen, class order, running show straight through after rain had cleared. Say what you want and I follow all three big association when in Iowa and Outlaws slipping this year. Not for sure if change of leadership or what but Doug Roberts was sure missed at the Iowa State Fair this year. I believe this wouldn't have happened if he was here yesterday.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 04:10AM
Maybe I missed something but the show started at 2pm as advertised. The show needs to run quick because from here on out the pull will need to be over before the evening concert starts. They will not want to here the engines over the concert. I don't see anyone on here complaining about ppl pulls that run just as quick or quicker through the show.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 04:43AM
Best pull I've ever seen there,ran all the tractor classes first and left the noise makers last, left at 5 pm tickled to death and without my head pounding from the noise makers

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 08:40AM
The big screen was actually there. In the pits. Not set up. The Iowa State fair canceled on it. You cannot blame that one of the outlaws. The fair decided not to pay for it.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 04:15PM
The ISF had NOTHING to do with the decision to not use the video board!
Just take a look at the payout checks to see who made that decision!
The checks aren't written by ISF, ITPA, nor Outlaws.

Re: Iowa State Fair Looks great for today-145 entries August 17, 2017 09:03PM
Mr Dennis Goodwin has been the promoter at the Iowa State Fair for years and is giving only so much money to make this pull happen. From what I was told Outlaws raised the fees so much on everything that he had to make a choice on the big screen or cut more classes. With the Outlaw number of vehicles being down so much this year he went for more classes instead of the big screen. Looks like the right choice as pull had about 40 less vehicles than last year. It could have been a really short show than it was if he had cut classes. I would say he will look at other options next year to get the ISF the best pull available even if that means going with another association.

what other organizations? August 17, 2017 11:31PM
I'm just curious what other organizations can bring that many pulling vehicles? It would have to be a big one and ntpa is out due to BG. Ppl is in Hamburg and the buck. I'm not seeing much option other than the outlaws but maybe I'm missing something?

Re: what other organizations? August 17, 2017 11:39PM
Remember what the Anouncer said at start of show, We will have a Pull SOMEWHERE. I think that pretty well tells the Story for next year.

Re: what other organizations? August 18, 2017 12:27AM
Like the announcer said a pull somewhere but wouldn't be surprise to see it done like Missouri State Fair and go with the PPL Western Series and Outlaws. Outlaws way down on Ag class numbers and PPL Western way up on Ag numbers. A good mix for the fans would be Outlaw noise and PPL smoke. PPL had more smoke at Missouri State Fair. My 2 cents worth.

Re: what other organizations? August 18, 2017 12:31AM
NTPA and Bowling Green has always been same week and they would hook here on Wednesday and head to Bowling Green the next day. Plus you have a lot of NTPA regional vehicles that do not go to Bowling Green. Lots of options beside Outlaws and especially if they go backwards again next year like this year. May not have any choice to put someone else in there.

Re: what other organizations? August 18, 2017 03:09AM
PPL Had mainly only three classes 2 diesel classes and one pickup class with all the class jumping that they allow they did have big numbers but you seem the same tractors two or three times outlaws had 12 different classes and i tractor only went down the track one time

Re: what other organizations? August 18, 2017 04:17AM
Iowa fan
PPL Had mainly only three classes 2 diesel classes and one pickup class with all the class jumping that they allow they did have big numbers but you seem the same tractors two or three times outlaws had 12 different classes and i tractor only went down the track one time

Not sure about the class jumping your talking about. Sure wasn't any class jumping according to the results.

Re: what other organizations? August 18, 2017 10:59AM
The pro farms jumped up with the Llps. The Llps jumped up with the 4.1's and it wasn't even a 4.1 tractor who won at the Missouri State Fair. If I wanted to see such a mess I would've went to the local circus!!

Re: what other organizations? August 18, 2017 01:55PM
Which of the 25 in the 4.1 class are not true limited pro stocks?

Re: what other organizations? August 18, 2017 02:09PM
Mr Hopkins' tractor ( Just Gettin Started) is a Light Pro. 540 CI and unlimited charger. Per the results you can see it is a hard runner. He is a welcome addition to the class.

Re: what other organizations? August 19, 2017 01:54AM
The only tractor you would have seen run twice that night was Hopkins. The pro farm guys bolted on smooth bore turbos and pulled 85 limited pro that night because the fair didn't want to book PPL Pro Farms. I guess if your into watching a bunch of pro stock 4x4 trucks then Outlaw Pulling is the place to be. If you want to see the highest horse 4.1s and 85s in the country plus a great class of 3.0 diesel trucks then come to a PPL show. Their numbers sure seem to be growing this year. Those guys are on the right track for sure.

Re: what other organizations? August 19, 2017 09:45AM
There for SURE will be NO PULL at the ISF next year. (2018)
Even the windbags on the ISF board, and the fair manager are saying that!
They continue on with the sunshine blowing claiming to have the imaginary 3/8 mile race track, and 6000 seat grandstand built by 2019.

Re: what other organizations? August 19, 2017 04:12PM
I am one of the helpers of ppl and big supporters of the Westurn series I hate that every buddy bashes out law pullers as we need them as they need us I have some very good friends in outlaw and I wish we could work together and make pulling fun during these rough times I'm sure it's going to be hard for the fair board to decide what to do with the changes there making and the price it cost them to have a big pull As A ppl person I hope for the best for out law as I do for my club and that comes from a big supporter of ppl

Re: what other organizations? August 20, 2017 12:04AM
Pulling is like the stock market highs and lows every club goes through it, it's not the end of the world, we're all going to survive if the leadership is able to recognize the issue and resolve it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009