Single Engine Mod. Need Input August 16, 2017 08:12AM
Possibly purchasing a mod chassis with a JD skidder rear end. Any opinions? Anyone run one or have experience with them?? Any ideas on a cheaper motor and tranny combo?? Rookie here, trying to get into pulling on a slim budget. Thanks.

Re: Single Engine Mod. Need Input August 16, 2017 03:17PM
Skidder perfect rear for single engine modified!
Make SURE the differential cross pin is needled!!!!!! If the seller is not CERTAIN, take it apart and find out.
Big Block Chevy is cheapest power, IF it is a carburetor limited class.
If it is a blower class, bite the bullet and buy a hemi.
There is NO CHEAP tractor pulling !
Even garden tractors are insane expensive!
The single engine modified will be comparable to a high dollar antique pulling tractor, without all the cheating, whining, moaning, complaining and outright fist fighting.

Re: Single Engine Mod. Need Input August 17, 2017 12:54AM
With this chassis, and figuring I can get a decent deal on a tranny and t-11 or 53 turbine ( leaning towards turbines for ease of maintenance and cost) , I should be able to have it on the track for less that 20k$

Re: Single Engine Mod. Need Input August 17, 2017 01:45AM
Sorry, T53 11 or 13

Re: Single Engine Mod. Need Input August 17, 2017 04:19PM
Going to need more brake power than just master cylinders! Going to need to have hydraulic system to power a JD brake valve set up, or something similar.
Or at the very least, 2 stage mico master cylinders!
What association do you plan to pull with?

Re: Single Engine Mod. Need Input August 18, 2017 12:48AM
Probly Nebraska Bush and Heartland, maybe a few outlaw too. Wanna get to as many pulls as I possibly. can.

Re: Single Engine Mod. Need Input August 18, 2017 03:08AM
I have the Red Line chassis that pulled with Nebraska and Outlaw if interested, 254-968-2587
Will sell bare, roller or complete

Re: Single Engine Mod. Need Input August 18, 2017 04:35AM
private messaged you h2h

Re: Single Engine Mod. Need Input November 12, 2017 12:08PM
Are you still looking for mod?
Call 8162566288

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,800, Posts: 230,010, Members: 3,341.
This forum: Topics: 37,106, Posts: 226,080.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009