No engine yet August 17, 2017 12:01AM
Remember a few months ago I posted that my 78 year old friends engine wasn't done yet. Well it's still not done according to the famous rebuilder. He was told a couple more weeks 5 times since Oct. 2016. Is this normal for that type of work ? I got flack for saying it's probably in another P.S. doing a good job. It might be worth a trip to Bowling Green to see it run. He He. Looks like he won't have a hook this year.

Re: No engine yet August 17, 2017 06:24AM
And I said to drive there and request to see the motor to find out if it's there or not. It's pretty simple

Re: No engine yet August 17, 2017 08:36AM
Value of the motor in $$$ divided by 5 yr life = $X,XXX .xx
You should get a check for 1/5 th of the motor value + shipping both ways minimum or pay Phil for all the money you saved by not pulling. LOL

Re: No engine yet August 17, 2017 08:40AM
Who should he take it to? It needs a billet cam and block worked to accept roller lifters. 30 series 619 without oil pump gear on cam.

Re: No engine yet August 17, 2017 01:03PM
Its very simple in this money losing business, if you cant do it yourself, you don't need to be doing it, simple mechainics

Re: No engine yet August 17, 2017 01:20PM
Sounds like a good time for some of you JD guys to help the man out and a red flag on the buiseness that keeps making those 5 week excuses

Re: No engine yet August 17, 2017 01:29PM
AC so I take it that you don't pull or you have a very sophisticated machine shop and a vast knowledge of ALL the parts it takes to hook on a sled. Good for you but not all of the 1000's of pullers out there have that ability. I would think less than 25% and that's being conservative, The real point is if a shop can't handle the work they should tell you that up front. The guy paid for the work last Oct. I used to pull and asked a very good and well respected shop that has done other work for me since 1990's about taking my tractor to the next level. He said he just didn't have time and I respected that. I was a little surprised but I accepted it. I quit pulling because I didn't have the knowledge needed to go to next level. Should a guy that has pulled tractors since 1954 give it up at 78 years old and has been an unsung legend and has built a lot of his own parts and was one, if not the first Super Stock in Northeastern Pa.. My answer is ABSOLUTELY not !!!!!!!!!!!

Re: No engine yet August 18, 2017 01:17PM
Complaining on a message board will not speed things up any ,you wait your turn maybe he is working on parts that came in july 16 who knows. Next time try Monty Mcoy he has his own shop and could have the parts laying around.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,681, Posts: 229,783, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason