Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 12:58AM
One of the PRN radio shows alluded to BG growing but didnt give specifics.
Personally, I hope NTPA adds the light pros as a GN class and BG adds the class also. They would get plenty of entries not only from Region 2 but UPOC does not run that weekend and some of the Region 3 guys and even Interstate guys would come on per hook basis.

Otherwise, just guessing expanding the event would mean probably adding either a Thursday afternoon or Sunday session.

Anyone have an idea what the Blue Shirts have up their sleeve for 2018?

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 03:58AM
Hard to say. Light Pros would be a cool addition in my mind. I gotta say that with the ridiculous 11:00 a.m. start time they have for day sessions, it would allow way more than enough time to add classes......who really needs a 4 hour break between sessions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2017 03:59AM by FarmersFun.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 04:05AM
Stay tuned to Pulling Radio Network for this news, it will be coming to a show soon.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 04:11AM
After many many talks with the Biehl family, it was one of Adam's dream's to make it and have the light pro class run in BG. Would be awesome to see that class run in BG in his memory.

Adam Draudt

www.MADPullingPics.com

or follow us on

or email us at: Email us

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 05:15AM
I would love to see light Pros added to bg. I'm sure a few interstate mod turbos would make the trip out along with all of the actual light pros. It's a growing class with a ton of color. Why not give it a try? I can't honestly confirm if we would make the trip out but there's a good chance would would depending on the year!

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 09:00AM
that would be 70 more vehicles and 60 more haulers, im not sure if bg has anymore room for this

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 30, 2017 07:13AM
nwladyczak@yahoo.com
that would be 70 more vehicles and 60 more haulers, im not sure if bg has anymore room for this

This is a valid concern. I know they've made some improvements but I'm sure there are areas of improvement there.
Maybe one idea is a pre-assigned "buddy system" between Light Pros and Super Farms IF SOME OF THE PULLERS WOULD AGREE TO WORK TOGETHER.

Let Light Pros run Thursday night and Friday afternoon. They would be the first class on the Friday session. After their hook, the ones that agreed would load up and leave, and their Super Farm "buddy" would get priority parking in that spot. The vehicle could get unloaded and teched in plenty of time for the Friday evening SF hook (hopefully). Maybe SF could not be the first class Friday evening.

With a little cooperation, both classes could work with the same parking area, or at least enough to accommodate both classes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 07:14AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 30, 2017 10:21AM
This is an honest question Michael, have you ever been to Bowling Green? It is not that easy to get pullers in and out of the pits there. That would be a huge insurance concern for the blue shirts and would never fly. Most pullers that go to Bowling Green arrive early in the week and leave Sunday afternoon!

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 30, 2017 11:16AM
nwladyczak@yahoo.com
This is an honest question Michael, have you ever been to Bowling Green? It is not that easy to get pullers in and out of the pits there. That would be a huge insurance concern for the blue shirts and would never fly. Most pullers that go to Bowling Green arrive early in the week and leave Sunday afternoon!

I have been to BG 22 of the past 25 years. There usuallly a row of super farm haulers along the north end of the grounds on the street leading in from the main gate. I know those places can get out because after the Saturday afternoon super farm hook, I've seen guys leaving before the Saturday night session.

The idea would be voluntary, not mandatory. The real problem is the event has outgrown the facility but there's not much they can do about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 11:17AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 11:09AM
I would love to see the Light Pro class added. I thought it was a great addition to Tomah this year, and I hope next year they give them two hooks over the course of the weekend instead of one. It's a fun class to watch as it is always competitive.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 05:30PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 4.1s were around long before the lite pros they have paid their dues.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 29, 2017 10:49PM
Both lite pros and limited pros put on a good show. The 4.1s are mainly west and the light pros are mainly east. Making bg more light pro friendly.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 30, 2017 01:05AM
the Ltm Prs are nothing more than SF with a bigger turbo, nothing wrong with the class but the Lt Pro's are a stand alone class that has uniform rules and put on a better show. If you want to make both the PS and Limited Pros a better class take of 1500 pounds and make them start to drive them.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 30, 2017 03:06AM
Con Boy,
Obviously you have never driven either one if you don't think you have to drive them. Lim. Pro is nothing like a SF. They are basically a pro stock from 12 years ago. Light pros put on a good show but seems the guys in the class feel entitled and whine a lot.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 30, 2017 11:34AM
Limited pros made it to Louisville first so as we see it's a matter of what the people in charge want, not much else.

Re: Bowling Green growing? August 30, 2017 04:07AM
As a simple fan, I prefer the lights over the limited. Lights add some more color and they are a little more exciting to watch go down the track. Limited pro is another class that is just red and green with everyone finishing within 10 feet of each other. That class already exists, it's called superfarm.

Re: Bowling Green growing? September 04, 2017 06:31AM
Been going to BG for years. Light pros would be a great addition - not many classes have International,Deere, New Holland, Massey, Allis Chalmers, Case, & all actually running their manufactured motors with sheet metal. Great group of guys that all could win on any given night.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009