PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 11:40AM
Why isn't there a 640ci 3000rpm pro farm class? 11000lb or so?

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 11:53AM
Exactly sign me up

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 11:59AM
How about just bring the 510 class to Ohio and western pa
Think a lot more tractors could easily slide into this class
But it might make the BBJ mad

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 12:04PM
Was wondering if anyone knew if you can run a D21 with a 8.3 cummins in the PPL 510 hot farm class?

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 12:23PM
I watched 3 pulls this year that had a 510 class and as soon as they were done thre or four tractors run as fast as they could to jump in a 600 cube class so why limit it to 510 .

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 12:31PM
Where did you see these pulls and how about the money would be the best reason
CHEAP simple most of us are 466 still

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 12:59PM
Western pa and Ohio

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 12:49PM
I watched 3 pulls this year that had a 510 class and as soon as they were done thre or four tractors run as fast as they could to jump in a 600 cube class so why limit it to 510 .
Mainly because a limit like 510 is inclusive of all colors. If you take a look at all the classes in tractor pulling you have more and more color with lower limits. Once you go above 600 it becomes a mainly red and green show.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 01:01PM
Maybe if everyone is running stock ci. There's lots of color in super farm. But I think I answered my question just the same, super farm is 3500rpm 640 already. It'd be nice to have 20.8s and 11klb though.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 01:06PM
I'm in central Ohio and have pulled in full pulls hot farm In western pa and some in eastern Ohio.
Where in the heck did you see PPL hot farm 510 class in Ohio or in eastern pa
I didn't think it was here yet.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 01:05PM
Are you being inquisitive or would you participate in that class

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 01:23PM
I would pull in that class. Just would like to see it at more than just gordyvville if I'm going to spend close to 100k.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 02:14PM
There already is on the state circuits, super farm doesn't need a little brother on the national scale.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 07, 2017 02:37PM
No
There already is on the state circuits, super farm doesn't need a little brother on the national scale.

Agreed and there are too many tractor classes on the state circuits. Heck, why not just add a speed limit tractor class on the national scale also? I love tractor pulling, but this kind of bs wants me to have a 2wd truck because that class sticks to it's rules!

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 03:42PM
This is really becoming a stupid thread after reading some of the posts.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 12:42AM
LOL @ 640ci class you're going to spend close to 100k????

Then use the money to shave the weight off the tractor why in the hell do you want to pull so heavy and wreck the drive line?

Why does so many people want huge CI limits for crap sakes it limits color or are you scarred of Orange and Blue?

Yeah lets take engine block thin it out to make it big so its less reliable. seems smart. No you're just dumb.

Yeah lets make it more expensive to pull. As turbos keep getting better these thinnned out engine will keep blowing apart.

How about make sensible engine limits? Oh cubic inch makes power..... LMFAO

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 01:58AM
Well, Richard-less, yes; scratch built pro-farms (if you want to win) are close to 100k.

I don't want to use the money to shave weight; you one of those leftist "I know what's better for you than you do" folks? I want to spend my time and money on having leading edge engine/trans parts made and have a lot of fun doing so. Badger, ISP/ITPA, ECIPA, and a few MO, IN, KY associations have a substantial number of pro-farm variants from 9500lbs and up with 640ci. It'd be nice to have a few places to run at the "big shows" too. Thank God for Gordyville!

Nothing about 640 makes a class less inclusive of color, Oliver with a 3208 ring a bell? Can't get that in a 510 class. Nothing about 640 is "too thin" either. 640 doesn't make for thin blocks, it may make for thin sleeves, but you seem to think you're smarter than everyone else so I'm sure you already know what would be thin in a 640. Just don't start with a 407. Many of the pro farm guys have 5 seasons on a motor that's never had the head off. 3000rpm with a 3x3(X) is really not a high stress situation, apparently, when considering all the advancements in girdle/internal components. No one has wrecked a driveline merely b/c it weighed 11k, 20.8s don't bite that hard.

It'd be easier to build a cheap "get me to the pulls" tractor with 20.8s at 11klb than it would a super farm (which was supposed to be an entry level class to grand national pulling iirc).

Sensible engine limits for 466-510 builders exists already with a small tire class (and a big tire class for that matter).

And no one's scared of orange or blue...or green or red. We're tractor pulling not basket weaving.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 07:21AM
I had to laugh that is very good Richard-less. Thumbs Up
Yes you can spend 100k to build a tractor
But you are very wrong and do not know alot.

Here are a few things you need to know.

The heavy weight causes more traction and drive line stress.
20.8s do bit harder than 24.5s
Boring an engine out to install larger sleeves does weaken it.
Also adding the stroke to make it causes more rotational weight that can add to blocks cracking.
Now you also need a $10,000.00 billet crankshaft. No you say? Research it more then.
Anyone running 5 season without checking their engine is in the back of the pack at best.
Also you will need pump, Injectors, turbo, clutch, water Injection, tires rims, transmission and other stuff that costs the same price as
a superfarm. So where pray tell is your cost savings? There is NONE. Especially if you are planning to spend 100k anyways......
What you save $300.00 by not removing the 3 point hitch?
Great you bring up the Oliver and 3208. How many do you see running?
Will not work in limited turbo or RPM class very well. the struck is too short no torque with that setup.
Shows what you know. Please build an Oliver 2255

Sensible entry level is NOT 640cid

Again lets keep making classes for red and green. Thumbs Down

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 08:46AM
Donkey Richard I agree with you with what you said up above.
These guys want a red and green class ( don't want to upset the BBJs)
They don't think cheap and most reliable!!!!!

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 08:58AM
Richard, have you ever built a pro farm? Do you pull a super farm? My guess from your lack of knowledge as to how best to get into a block without destroying its integrity and cheaply is a resounding NO.

To boot, there are several 2255's/Massey's that do VERY well in the 3in turbo and limited RPM classes.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 13, 2017 12:25PM
My point i was trying to make is aline with KZ's point.
as far as the dollars and cents and we already have a national class along the lines
It just you are too fat to loose the weight.
If six states already have profarm with different rules will they all unify? NO THEY WONT!!!!!!
Badger state WILL not raise to 11,000 pounds
All of you cry babies want to make rules to fit your dreams. you dont even have a tractor for crap sake.
buck up and build for whats out there and quit wanting everyone to change for your dream
quit being a liberal

Re: PPL and NTPA September 13, 2017 01:06PM
You are right Richard for example full pulls hot farm class is no where close to any other organizations hot farm rules
Should have just adopted eastern pa profarm but that would have made to much sense
And for the profarm in Ohio there was two different profarm class within 150 mile radius
Yep I fell bad for some the pullers that made there machine to pulling in these class and have no where else
To pull other than there. That's y I think this 510 class sounds good more than one indoor pull and more than one state pulls the same rules

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 11:47AM
Ok well I guess I'm seeing it all wrong my 619 BBJd stock cubic inch won't have to be stroked crank cause it comes stock 619 cubic inch and I won't have to bore it cause 619 stock cubes is close enough to 640 for me and let's see last needle cross I had made I had to send the old one for a pattern cause they hadn't done one for a while and his exact words at englers were big block johndeers will last for ever in hot farm and if I had a red tractor well they build expensive billet carriers all the time cause they break and the trans shaft break as I just seen that at mile branch this summer as far as chassis to lighten and dollar amount the same about any color unless your throwing some 4500 dollar scrap carcass tractor out there with a big pump turbo injectors and steel flywheel . John deer doesn't have the option that you can bolt a small block in a big block like you can with a 560 farm all to a 1466 can bolt in a466 truck motor bunch of guys on here tell ing others that they have no clue and they don't even know them selves I don't know why these wanna be 510 pullers don't get to gather and go for it. It seams they do out west and north west with some nice looking tractors but why protest us bbjd massey Oliver v8 guys we don't care what you think of or equipment a s there are places in Ohio and western pa you can pull your 510 tractors are the rules catered to you
No load your junk up and go pull everyone else does and 640ci class there is a 600 cube class with rick fike ppl USA east and he has a to hot to farm for the 510 guys and if ya think your to good for that they have a limited pro class for you to jump into with your A pump and ya better pack you @#$%& cause there's serious tractors in that class and I'm pretty sure rick file will entertain any group of tractors willing to pull and show up he seems to want to promote pulling is natpa or ostpa interested in promoting anything you 510 hot farm pullers want ? Get your wallet out step up to the plate go pull don't wait for it to conform to your tractor and 640 CIA class there are plent 640 guys would be interested in a 3000 rpm 10 or 12 class we just need to get together present it and get our junk to the track Hope no one is offended and understands

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 12:58PM
sorry there genius but your 5020 or your 6030 came with a 531 STOCK. Sure you can put a 619 in it but its not the STOCK cubic inches. 531 is a whole lot closer to 510 than it is 640!

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 01:06PM
Wisenhiemer The point was a stock engine will bolt in without as the other posters commented machining the block and stroking the Crank I have two 5020s I have three 531s and two 619 is in my garage I think I know the difference sorry I made this a little bit too difficult for you stocker

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 01:36PM
good thing its all about you and the 619 you already have. so YOU dont need to stroke your crank and bore your block but 95% of the other guys in the class will. thanks for looking at what best for the class and not just what best for you! we already have sf and 4.1 at 640. we have dss at 650 and ps at 680 we dont need another big cube class especially a limited turbo limited rpm class!

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 01:51PM
It's not all about me I'm good with my 531 in a 531 or 600 limit class in this area and Stocker as you posted earlier 531 is close to 510 cube so why don't you liberal 510 guys bump it up to 540 and let the case jd Massey Oliver guys in you know as you say let the colors in draw more tractors

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 01:53PM
stocker
good thing its all about you and the 619 you already have. so YOU dont need to stroke your crank and bore your block but 95% of the other guys in the class will. thanks for looking at what best for the class and not just what best for you! we already have sf and 4.1 at 640. we have dss at 650 and ps at 680 we dont need another big cube class especially a limited turbo limited rpm class!

Make it 540 then. Kicks out the Oliver and the bbjd you are all so jealous of. Sorry Deere made the ultimate pulling tractor motor, I'm sure they had no idea what they were doing lol.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 06:21PM
Supertiquer is right about this thread gettin stoopid, why would anyone want to add a 6030.5020 640 class to a national club when you all act like this. like kids say today stay in 'yo lane and remeber theres not a spot for a limited rpm class nationally

Re: PPL and NTPA September 08, 2017 11:04PM
Einstein
Supertiquer is right about this thread gettin stoopid, why would anyone want to add a 6030.5020 640 class to a national club when you all act like this. like kids say today stay in 'yo lane and remeber theres not a spot for a limited rpm class nationally

Then why do six states have them?

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 01:46AM
Because it's not a national level class.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 07:56AM
9000 is plenty and you're telling us to stay in antiques? Ohhhhkaayyy.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 09:58AM
Albert

If six states have the class, it should be a national level class.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 11:06AM
Stephen Hawking
Albert

Every state has farm stock....

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 12:36PM
Albert
Stephen Hawking
Albert

Every state has farm stock....

Safety equipment is the only reason farm stock isn't a class everywhere; not to mention the disparity in rules.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 02:21PM
Possibly I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. There isn't a small cube national level class. They are regional classes. There are member state orgs who have big cube 3000 rpm classes. So specifically what are you wanting?

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 02:49PM
Albert
Possibly I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. There isn't a small cube national level class. They are regional classes. There are member state orgs who have big cube 3000 rpm classes. So specifically what are you wanting?

Albert, I don't think they really know what they want other than some attention.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 10, 2017 02:29PM
Supertiquer
Albert

Albert, I don't think they really know what they want other than some attention.

Ok, so... nevermind, not worth trying to explain to you without crayons...i see you're from Lincoln.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 10, 2017 02:52PM
640ci class
Supertiquer
Albert

Ok, so... nevermind, not worth trying to explain to you without crayons...i see you're from Lincoln.

Yes I am from Lincoln. Why don't you come to my place tomorrow and you don't have to bring crayons with you. All you have to do is show up.
Clark Oltmanns
1011 1850th St.
Lincoln, ill.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 06:49AM
11,000 lbs????
Really?
Take the cab off! Or is that what you call shaving weight?
9000 is plenty heavy!
Wash the bird poop off it, or is that working too hard?
Stay pulling antiques, or just drive it in the local parade.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 09, 2017 04:09PM
Who wants to pay twenty five dollars a ticket to watch farm stocks pulling? That is why it is not a national class!

Re: PPL and NTPA September 10, 2017 02:26AM
Short vidieo link to what 640ci is talking about has 3000 rpm 10 and 12 [youtu.be]

Re: PPL and NTPA September 10, 2017 04:29PM
If you spent 150 K to pull profarm ? I have some highly productive swap ground for sale!

Re: PPL and NTPA September 10, 2017 02:27PM
Just saying
Who wants to pay twenty five dollars a ticket to watch farm stocks pulling? That is why it is not a national class!

About 1500 people a piece according to the till this summer at the farm stock pulls.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 10, 2017 04:15PM
As someone that has pulled 11,000 pro farm, and now pulls 9300 super farm, I can say that if you only spend $100k on a pro farm, you're not going to win or even sniff the front. That class is dying. You're looking way north of $150k to build a competitive pro farm, and for what, to pull in 1 state level organization!?!? 6 states have pro farm, and NONE of them have the same set of rules... You can build a super farm cheaper and it is way more durable than a pro farm. You want to pull national, pull in a class that's already established, simple as that.

Re: PPL and NTPA September 10, 2017 04:35PM
KZ
As someone that has pulled 11,000 pro farm, and now pulls 9300 super farm, I can say that if you only spend $100k on a pro farm, you're not going to win or even sniff the front. That class is dying. You're looking way north of $150k to build a competitive pro farm, and for what, to pull in 1 state level organization!?!? 6 states have pro farm, and NONE of them have the same set of rules... You can build a super farm cheaper and it is way more durable than a pro farm. You want to pull national, pull in a class that's already established, simple as that.

Amen!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,660, Posts: 229,739, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,072, Posts: 225,921.

Our newest member JD_8520