Webasto Coolant heater vs. ESPAR September 11, 2017 04:02AM
Looking to buy a coolant heater to pre het an engine for pulling application. is there much difference in performance from a Espar unit to the Webasto?

Re: Webasto Coolant heater vs. ESPAR September 13, 2017 11:57AM
Can't offer any help with espar setup but I worked on a 92 bus fleet with webasto heaters. Very simple and very reliable. Only general maintenance and booster pump rebuilds ($40ish for parts) They heated up very fast and used very little fuel.

Re: Webasto Coolant heater vs. ESPAR September 13, 2017 01:14PM
The Espar Hydronic (now Eberspacher) in the current Van Hool's are the best and most reliable heater I've worked on yet. My experience with Webasto was with older units, and the Pro Heat X45 was a step up, has integrated diagnostics. I like the Pro-Heat, but honestly have much more issues with the newer 2015-2017 units in J's. I'd pick Eberspacher - Espar or an older Pro Heat. Never assume when hooking up or changing parts, every motor will have a 12 or 24 volt option depending whether it was in a truck or coach.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009